AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

25 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Sorry, just to check - you did mean May 2019 and not May 2018 as your application date?

I don't see any delay. In fact this is one of the quickest applications i've seen lol. People on here waiting nearly 2 years with no test date, nothing. Yours is 3 months and you've already taken your test! Thats crazy quick.

Hi mate, yes its 2019. 🙂 

I have seen a similar timeline somewhere  but he got approved on the same day! That is crazy quick! https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9w0vkxm3?p=1018

Here is his timeline:

A friend of mine's timeline:

Melbourne, VIC
applied May 19.
got test invite for Aug 19.
approved the same day as of test.

*little correction, he got test invite for jan 2020. Was able to reschedule.

Edited by supertoblerone

2 minutes ago, supertoblerone said:

Hi mate, yes its 2019. 🙂 

I have seen a similar timeline somewhere with similar timeline but he got approved on the same day! That is crazy quick! https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9w0vkxm3?p=1018

Here is his timeline:

A friend of mine's timeline:

Melbourne, VIC
applied May 19.
got test invite for Aug 19.
approved the same day as of test.

*little correction, he got test invite for jan 2020. Was able to reschedule.

All good, I just think (relatively speaking) your timeline is one we'd all dream of 🤣 It's certainly a lot quicker than average based on the sample data we have available to us on the forum. 

All the best with the rest of it!

• Thanks 1

On 07/08/2019 at 14:10, 07Nov2017 said:

21 Months today since the lodgement of my Citizenship application and still waiting...

we are over 19 months now and still nothing  , just says 'received' 

not even done test 🤣

i have rang and sent emails  now etc but always just same answer....  not until go over 24 months are they overly concerned  and even then they didnt know what i should do if we get as far as that .......  just wait they say ......

FOI can be triggered anytime 

On 14/08/2019 at 12:02, Tanwi said:

I'm not from your council but my timeline is somewhat similar to yours.

Applied: 13 Feb 2019 

Request Additional doc (overseas police clearance, submitted same day): 08 May 2019

Test Email: 13 May 2019

Test Date : 27 May 2019

Still awaiting approval as well 😌

My applicationis being processed as per their current standard process so no streamlined business, but I'm ok with this. 😌

Hi Tanwi, 

could u please tell me about ur integrity screening outcome result in ur FOI. As I mentioned my one is Exempt. I just want to know does it exempt for every one who applied in 2019. 

Kind Regards 

Nimmgaya 

• Like 1

On 14/08/2019 at 12:02, Tanwi said:

I'm not from your council but my timeline is somewhat similar to yours.

Applied: 13 Feb 2019 

Request Additional doc (overseas police clearance, submitted same day): 08 May 2019

Test Email: 13 May 2019

Test Date : 27 May 2019

Still awaiting approval as well 😌

My applicationis being processed as per their current standard process so no streamlined business, but I'm ok with this. 😌

Hi Tanwi, 

could u please tell me about ur integrity screening outcome result in ur FOI. As I mentioned my one is Exempt. I just want to know does it exempt for every one who applied in 2019. 

Kind Regards 

Nimmgaya 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2019 at 08:08, shiveringpom said:

we are waiting from 2/1/18  Brisbane city application !

we are now beyond 19 months and no test date even.....application just says received .....

i think we may qualify for longest wait at this point on this forum  so take comfort in knowing there are other out there waiting even longer for no obvious  reason !!! 

we should probably start a new thread for the lost application bunch  lol  😉

Yep, u’r right. That’s very sad we’re waiting longer..😔

For me, while waiting my passport expired, so I couldn’t do renewal as well. So just check my email every day, that’s only can do and waiting..

• Sad 2

Hi All,

Please see my timelinesbelow
 Application Lodged Date: 30 March 2019 Received Interview/Test email: 1 July 2019 Interview/Test Date: 14 Aug 2019 Citizenship Approved:15 Aug 2019

Council : Wyndham

Ceremony Mail Received: Waiting  Ceremony Date: Waiting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

4 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

For people who have applied post June 2018, what is the average citizenship processing time? I heard ones from July 2018(or around that time) are going under the new system. Is this true?

My parents applied July 2018, sat their test May 2019. My mum got approved May 2019 and my dad July 2019. My brother applied at the same time and sat his test on the same day but he is still on 'received', so not sure they were under the new system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nimmgaya said:

Hi Tanwi, 

Kind Regards 

Nimmgaya 

Hi,

No mine IS is still requested.

In case notes it mentioned pending a predecessor verification  My biometrics also is on Amber at the moment.

Risk check is Clear 

MAL clear 

Your IS being cleared it good news I think. So your approval could be soonish (assuming of cause)

Edited by Tanwi

10 hours ago, 07Nov2017 said:

How do I go about requesting 

On immigration website ,if you search through there is a page on freedom of information on there, you just click through and submit with a copy of your drivers license etc.

They will email you back when they receive and advise more.

Edited by Tanwi

10 hours ago, cybervoodoo said:

My parents applied July 2018, sat their test May 2019. My mum got approved May 2019 and my dad July 2019. My brother applied at the same time and sat his test on the same day but he is still on 'received', so not sure they were under the new system. 

Thanks, OK whenever the new system started, is it substantially quicker? Say for example someone who will apply in 2019 soon, is it reasonable to expect that there are good chances the application will be approved and ceremony hosted within 12 months? Of course, no guarantee but expected timeline is what I'm after.

40 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Thanks, OK whenever the new system started, is it substantially quicker? Say for example someone who will apply in 2019 soon, is it reasonable to expect that there are good chances the application will be approved and ceremony hosted within 12 months? Of course, no guarantee but expected timeline is what I'm after.

what do you mean by the new system ?

9 minutes ago, shiveringpom said:

what do you mean by the new system ?

I heard that they're routing the new applications through the new system which is quicker whereas the ones in 2017 and early 2018 are still being processed by the old system which is slower. The process remains the same, only the processing time has reduced. This is what I read at a few places.

3 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

I heard that they're routing the new applications through the new system which is quicker whereas the ones in 2017 and early 2018 are still being processed by the old system which is slower. The process remains the same, only the processing time has reduced. This is what I read at a few places.

ok so if thats true that could explain my wait of over 19 months and no test even - we got 'received ' 2/1/18..... i will remain ever patient in the heap of other long waiting applicants .....just a bit jarring when others get approved super quick   so one cant help but get paranoid 🤣

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, shisman said:

Hi All,

Please see my timelinesbelow
 Application Lodged Date: 30 March 2019 Received Interview/Test email: 1 July 2019 Interview/Test Date: 14 Aug 2019 Citizenship Approved:15 Aug 2019

Council : Wyndham

Ceremony Mail Received: Waiting  Ceremony Date: Waiting

That is super fast mate, congrats 🙂

4 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

I was a 2017 applicant, we heard nothing for 12 months in Dec 18 I took the test, then said approved for my wife and daughters instant, they had the ceremony on Australia Day, I got approved the 15th or so of Jan 19 and had the Ceremony on the 26th of Jan .. all in all 13 months from lodgement to ceremony ,... and we were paper based applicants due to having expired passports. 

• Congratulations 2

On 15/08/2019 at 16:42, cybervoodoo said:

That's ok it happens.