Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

14 Neutral

About Indianinoz

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Indianinoz

    Payment gateway for receiving donations

    As far as I remember, this is the first time I'm asking.
  2. Hello, A Not for Profit is looking for a payment gateway i.e. merchant facility for receiving donations. As it has just been formed, it wants something with minimal fees. Ideally, looking for: a) No set up fees b) No monthly fees c) Minimal transaction fees Which one do you recommend? Someone mentioned eWAY. Any other that you can recommend? Any reviews for eWAY? Thanks!
  3. Indianinoz

    Citizenship questions

    Thanks! I asked a related question but had some other questions in relation to that so asked it here.
  4. Indianinoz

    Citizenship questions

    Hello, Say a couple was granted PR visa on 15th October 2015. They first came to Australia on 1st Jan 2016. They have lived in Australia ever since. They have had a few trips outside Australia to their home country. The total period of these holiday trips is about 4 months, approximately 1 month every year. a) When can they apply for citizenship? Is it 4 years from date of grant of visa i.e. 15th Oct 2019 or 4 years from date of first visit to Australia, i.e. 1st Jan 2020? b) Are there any exemptions based on which the person can apply sooner than 4 years? Say a health condition? c) Once citizenship is applied but before it is granted, are the couple allowed to travel outside Australia for a lengthy period say 12-18 months? Will citizenship be delayed or denied on these grounds? Reason of travel could be to set up a back office for an Australian company. The Australian company will pay them salary/consulting fee during this period. I'm getting different opinions from the articles/forum posts which I've read for this question. Someone says once citizenship is applied, place of stay doesn't matter as long as I can come to Australia for the English test and the ceremony. Somewhere it was mentioned that if I'm overseas, my case wouldn't be processed at all. What is the deal?
  5. Indianinoz

    Citizenship criteria

    Thanks for the reply! If the applicant does not have a permanent home in Australia after application for about 3 years, do you think this could be an issue? Like you at least would come home for 3 weeks every 9 weeks. But what I'm asking is that the applicant will be here till say Jan 2020 and then not have a home in Australia for 3 years. He/she is willing to be in Australia to attend the test and ceremony and may come for a brief visit other than that, but that is about it. Is this alright?
  6. Indianinoz

    Citizenship criteria

    Thanks! Say the applicant lodged for citizenship on 1st Jan 2020. If he stays out of Australia say for 3 years from this date, are you sure there are no issues with citizenship? Will he/she be asked to prove his connection to Australia? What about the citizenship exam and ceremony? The applicant eventually wishes to return to Australia permanently, but will be out for 3 years soon after application of citizenship for a particular reason.
  7. Indianinoz

    Citizenship criteria

    Hello, Say someone landed in Australia on 1st Jan 2016 on a Permanent Residency 189 visa. When can the person apply for citizenship? Am I right citizenship can be applied on 1st Jan 2020 provided the person completes at least 3 years of stay in Australia amongst those 4 years and provided last 9 months were in Australia? Is there a way to do this sooner? What if you have a job offer or a written contract by an Aussie employer allowing you to work from overseas? Also, after application of citizenship but before availing the same, is the person allowed to go overseas for some work for a long period? Will this hamper citizenship in any way?
  8. Indianinoz

    Right to wired home phone

    I don't know. My area is into a NBN Fixed Wireless area. Hence, they're not providing new copper line connections(whether phone or internet) unless somebody pays $$$ to get it installed. Before it was declared a NBN Fixed Wireless area, they would maximum charge $240 for installation which was very reasonable. Now, even though lines go right outside my home, I have to pay $5,300 to get it connected because lines have to be trenched a new pit has to be dug up. Some Telstra support staff told me that even though an area goes into NBN, they will not cut off the existing copper lines. Is this not true?
  9. Indianinoz

    Right to wired home phone

    Sorry for the late reply. Due to a medical condition for someone in my home, I cannot use wireless phone and internet. My home is 5.9kms from the telephone exchange. Do you think ADSL or ADSL2 should work reasonably well? I'm not looking for blazing fast speeds. I'm looking for internet which is stable with at least about 1-2MBPS of speed. I'm an accountant so don't need to download HD movies or graphics. But need to work on softwares like Xero/MYOB(cloud) etc. Slow is fine, but it should be stable connection.
  10. Hello, I'm a tenant in Queensland. This home does not have a wired home phone i.e. landline. Can I request the agent/landlord to pay for the installation? Is it my right to get a home phone? I've been given a huge bill for home phone installation and ADSL. $5,300 to get a lead in of the copper wire into my property. However, I'm only on a 6 months rental(which may be renewed). It can't pay such a big amount with uncertainty of being evicted from the home once the contract ends. Is there a way to have the landlord contribute to this capital cost rather than me bearing everything? After all, its an improvement on his property. Thanks!
  11. Indianinoz

    Sue telecom company

    Thanks, Yes I'm QLD now. I do the stuff from Aussie Broadband in writing. I have booked an appointment with Community Legal Service. Thanks Skani!
  12. Indianinoz

    Sue telecom company

    Well Aussie Broadband has been my point of contact always and kept misguiding me. I want to to sue them for: a) $2,150 already spent b) Getting my line connected at their cost and ASAP c) Harassment for the past 6 months If all of the above is not possible, as much as it is possible. Telstra says since this area has now gone into NBN Fixed Wireless, they won't pay for the lead in.
  13. Indianinoz

    Sue telecom company

    Hello everyone, Firstly, I placed order for a fixed phone with Telstra. However, Telstra noted that there is no lead in to my property i.e. there is a network shortfall. Then I placed an order with Aussie Broadbad which uses Telstra's fixed lines. I mentioned to them about this network shortfall in writing. However, they still said they can go ahead with my order if I paid $240 installation charges. I agreed. But once the Telstra contractor visited, he obviously noticed that there is a network shortfall. Then Aussie Boradband tried to back out. I complained to the TIO. The then emailed me if I can wire it from my home to the boundary point, they can do the rest of the work. I hired somebody, paid $2,150 including labour and material and got the job done. But now they're backing out saying it is not their responsibility at all. I got a quote from the only Tesltra approved contractor Tandem and they sent a quote of $5,300 for additional work. Aussie Broadband is saying they won't pay this as it is not their liability. This, after 6 months of harassment with false commitments and no result. Telecommunication Ombudsman(TIO) says they can't punish or pine Aussie Broadband but only request them. This is horrible. Is Ombudsman here only to try to reach to a settlement rather than fine someone who is doing wrong. Ombudsman is not giving me justice, only trying to. I want to sue Aussie Broadband. What are my remedies? Don't have money to hire an expensive lawyer, will do it all myself or through a not for profit which doesn't charge. What can I do? Thanks!
  14. Indianinoz

    Fundraising for a noble cause

    Doing that, would be good to confirm on this forum too. Thanks Skani
  15. Indianinoz

    Fundraising for a noble cause

    Hello, A Company Limited by Guarantee(not for profit) is formed to raise funds for a noble cause. What are the license(s)/permit(s) required? The head office is based in QLD. It is in the process of applying for registration with ACNC as a charity and with ATO as a DGR(deductible gift rececipient). Can it still raise money now itself? Will be raising funds through: a) Online all over the world through online platforms like GoFundMe b) Local Australian donations through word of mouth and fundraising events