AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

5 hours ago, Ausa0000 said:

I believe this is incorrect. I contacted Home Affairs and they stated that your initial arrival date as well as the date you received permanent residency equal "full days". This means if you receive PR in Jan 1, then you will have completed the one year requirement on Dec 31 and can therefore apply on Jan 1st of the following year so long as you meet the 4 year requirement of being on a valid Australian visa. Many applicants have received approvals this way.

that worked for me. As in my example, 17th June 2018 until 16th June 2019. I checked the application in the days running up to my 1 year date (16th) and the application didn't allow me to proceed, then on 16th it allowed me to proceed.

Edited by millski88

6 hours ago, KPFAM09 said:

Hi.. We applied for citizenship online June 2018. Still waiting, no other updates, immiaccount recieved. Any other people waiting like me. Which way the Test call will be, by Email or mail or only in immiaccount.

we are waiting from 2/1/18  Brisbane city application !

we are now beyond 19 months and no test date even.....application just says received .....

i think we may qualify for longest wait at this point on this forum  so take comfort in knowing there are other out there waiting even longer for no obvious  reason !!! 

we should probably start a new thread for the lost application bunch  lol  😉

• Sad 1

Hey Guys

New to this forum, active contribute on the 457-186 visa thread.

I realized that it's nearly time for me to apply for citizenship and honestly have no idea where to start (I was hoping I could use an MA but it seems not many of them do this, as it's not profitable for them). 

I don't want to be "one of those people" (we get a bunch of them on the other forum) but short of me reading through the 193 pages here, I was hoping someone could point me to some relevant information on where to start. 
- My assumption is that I'd need to do it all online, via my Immi account. It feels like it should be simple but i'm afraid I know way more on 186 / 187 progression visas vs the citizenship 😛 

33 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hey Guys

I realized that it's nearly time for me to apply for citizenship and honestly have no idea where to start (I was hoping I could use an MA but it seems not many of them do this, as it's not profitable for them). 

I don't want to be "one of those people" (we get a bunch of them on the other forum) but short of me reading through the 193 pages here, I was hoping someone could point me to some relevant information on where to start. 
- My assumption is that I'd need to do it all online, via my Immi account. It feels like it should be simple but i'm afraid I know way more on 186 / 187 progression visas vs the citizenship 😛 

Hi Hex, welcome to the citizenship thread. There is a few of us here also coming from 457/186 visas.

Citizenship applications are a lot simpler than visa applications (every case is different but I think in general terms they are). As you said all is done online. A good place to start is here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident  

Hope that helps. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Hey Guys

It's a lot more straightforward than a 186/187.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

Above link pretty much sums it up. Have a read through and pick out your action points to prep.

One thing that isn't always a 'super quick fix' for people, depending on their situation, is the Form 1195. You'll see this on the page linked above if you expand the 'Prepare your documents' section, then expand 'Identity documents' and it's called "Evidence of identity in the community".

It's a very simple form, with no stat dec type statement or anything required, but there is some criteria for a signatory on there which is a bit tighter than a stat dec for a visa. This can sometimes trip people up. The person you get to sign needs to actually know you, and be willing to answer a phone call from the department to confirm this, so it can't be a representative from your bank or anything.

As long as you know someone (or can find someone) who matches the criteria for that, the rest is really straightforward compared to the visas!

Any questions just shout, I did a 457 then a 186 and then very recently citizenship by conferral.

Edited by millski88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi all. I am new to this forum. My husband requested screenshots and casenotes through foi service and we have been recived the result today. If someone can give a clarification, I really appriciate that. 😃😃😃 we are little bit worry about this risk check is matching  and biometric match results is pending(amber).  

Kind regards

Nimmgaya 

F54F63DB-9769-4164-8788-1A210B11AE4C.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nimmgaya said:

Hi all. I am new to this forum. My husband requested screenshots and casenotes through foi service and we have been recived the result today. If someone can give a clarification, I really appriciate that. 😃😃😃 we are little bit worry about this risk check is matching  and biometric match results is pending(amber).  

Kind regards

Nimmgaya 

I also got my FOI back. Risk check still undertermined, so I'm guessing  for you at least  ya'll have had your risk assessed and I guess they will clear it up soon. 😀

Edited by Tanwi

16 hours ago, Nimmgaya said:

Kind regards

Nimmgaya 

I can't provide much help but noticed the FOI stated Launceston. Are you applying from Launceston? Just inquiring since that is where I am applying from. Do you mind sharing your timeline such as when you applied and when you received a test invite to give me a possible idea how long it may take. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Tanwi said:

I also got my FOI back. Risk check still undertermined, so I'm guessing  for you at least  ya'll have had your risk assessed and I guess they will clear it up soon. 😀

Hi, I think so. 😀😀 after recording risk check match they requested aditional documents. And after submitting documents they have mentioned that intigrity screening outcome is exempt. So i think everything is ok. 

Kind regards 

Nimmgaya 

• Like 1

Just now, Nimmgaya said:

Hi, I think so. 😀😀 after recording risk check match they requested aditional documents. And after submitting documents they have mentioned that intigrity screening outcome is exempt. So i think everything is ok. 

Kind regards 

Nimmgaya 

Yeyah!! Exempt is great news. You are on your way to approval. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ausa0000 said:

I can't provide much help but noticed the FOI stated Launceston. Are you applying from Launceston? Just inquiring since that is where I am applying from. Do you mind sharing your timeline such as when you applied and when you received a test invite to give me a possible idea how long it may take. Thanks.

it is glad to see someone from Launceston. Because this is the first time I saw someone who applied from Launceston😃😃 in all these forums and fb pages. 

My timeline is 

10/03/2019 -applied online

20/03/2019 - requested aditional documents (original birth certificate and 1399 form) 

26/03/2019 - document submited

09/05/2019 - test date received 

12/06/2019- test

Still waiting for approval. 

Could u please tell me ur timeline too. 

Kind regards 

Nimmgaya 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

7 minutes ago, Nimmgaya said:

it is glad to see someone from Launceston. Because this is the first time I saw someone who applied from Launceston😃😃 in all these forums and fb pages. 

My timeline is 

20/03/2019 - requested aditional documents (original birth certificate and 1399 form) 

12/06/2019- test

Kind regards 

Nimmgaya 

Yeah not too many applicants from Northern Tasmania. I only applied recently in mid June 2019. Haven't received anything from the department as of yet. I realise most applicants wait a long time for test invite, but your case gives me hope. Also glad to see that your test was scheduled roughly about a month from the invite. I have heard Melbourne applicants getting an invite for test but it being scheduled for next year 2020. Some say they can reschedule their test earlier but I don't believe that is an option with us in Launceston.  Hopefully you will get approval soon and ceremony wait time shouldn't be long compared with those on the mainland.

Did you take the test at the Launceston Dept of Human Services and if so did you go to the Centrelink office or somewhere else? Thanks again for providing your info and I will definitely update you if anything changes with my timeline.

17 minutes ago, Ausa0000 said:

Yeah not too many applicants from Northern Tasmania. I only applied recently in mid June 2019. Haven't received anything from the department as of yet. I realise most applicants wait a long time for test invite, but your case gives me hope. Also glad to see that your test was scheduled roughly about a month from the invite. I have heard Melbourne applicants getting an invite for test but it being scheduled for next year 2020. Some say they can reschedule their test earlier but I don't believe that is an option with us in Launceston.  Hopefully you will get approval soon and ceremony wait time shouldn't be long compared with those on the mainland.

Did you take the test at the Launceston Dept of Human Services and if so did you go to the Centrelink office or somewhere else? Thanks again for providing your info and I will definitely update you if anything changes with my timeline.

As I saw, most people who applied from tasmania recive test date within in 4 months. So I think u will be recived ur test date soon.I saw some one who applied in jun 2019 got apprival in Jul 2019 and another one who applied in march 2019 got his citizenship certificate after having his ceremony in july 2019. I think tasmania is little bit faster than mainland.Yes as u said we couldn't resedule the test date and test was held at centrlink office 😀😀😀 

Kind regards 

Nimmgaya 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nimmgaya said:

My timeline is 

12/06/2019- test

Kind regards 

Nimmgaya 

I'm not from your council but my timeline is somewhat similar to yours.

Applied: 13 Feb 2019 

Request Additional doc (overseas police clearance, submitted same day): 08 May 2019

Test Email: 13 May 2019

Test Date : 27 May 2019

Still awaiting approval as well 😌

My applicationis being processed as per their current standard process so no streamlined business, but I'm ok with this. 😌

Edited by Tanwi
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tanwi said:

I'm not from your council but my timeline is somewhat similar to yours.

Applied: 13 Feb 2019 

Request Additional doc (overseas police clearance, submitted same day): 08 May 2019

Test Email: 13 May 2019

Test Date : 27 May 2019

Still awaiting approval as well 😌

My applicationis being processed as per their current standard process so no streamlined business, but I'm ok with this. 😌

I am also pretty similar to your case. It looks like they have to do a cross check with OPC if you travelled much or requested for the OPC .

Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 2019 

Request Additional doc (overseas police clearance): on the day I lodged my application.

Submitted OPC: 15 July 2019

Test Email: 17 July 2019

Test Date : 16 Dec 2019

Rescheduled Test Date: 6 Aug 2019

Approval: Waiting....

I think if they require/request OPC, automatically, you are not part of the "streamlied process". Sigh...

Edited by supertoblerone
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, supertoblerone said:

think if they require/request OPC, automatically, you are not part of the "streamlied process". Sigh

True that could be it ,also I have a child on mine, his other parent and I are not together so I'm guessing they might have to follow up with said parent etc. So I'm expecting a long wait for our approval.

So yes they requested a OSPC. They did note on case notes in FOI that OPSC no trace and it was clear.Oh well just got to keep waiting 😀

Edited by Tanwi

On 12/08/2019 at 15:19, millski88 said:

Wouldn't have thought so! I know that it's advisable not to overly supply documents and to keep it simple and relevant, but i think an AFP check is pretty relevant. For the $40 or whatever it could just shave off a bit of time for a CO processing. (note: this is pure speculation and isn't based on any evidence!)

I filed them in 'Other documents' and labelled as "[Name]_Good-Character-Evidence_Recent-Aus-Police-Check"

Hi @millski88 I am still waiting for my AFP NPC. It is been a week now since I lodged it online but I have not receive it yet. How long did you get yours?

20 hours ago, supertoblerone said:

I am also pretty similar to your case. It looks like they have to do a cross check with OPC if you travelled much or requested for the OPC .

Here is my timeline:

Applied: May 2019 

Request Additional doc (overseas police clearance): on the day I lodged my application.

Submitted OPC: 15 July 2019

Test Email: 17 July 2019

Test Date : 16 Dec 2019

Rescheduled Test Date: 6 Aug 2019

Approval: Waiting....

I think if they require/request OPC, automatically, you are not part of the "streamlied process". Sigh...

That is so quick! How is that not streamlined? They requested docs on the same day and you got your test email 2 days after fulfilling the request - sounds a lot more streamlined than most. Mad jealous of that haha.

Edited by millski88

21 minutes ago, millski88 said:

They state up to 15 business days on the website. I think my last one took between 1 and 2 weeks.

Tom

@millski88 true, mine is about a week now so I have decided to call AFP hotline due to no email sent to me if they have started checking my case. They told me the average processing time of a standard National Police Check is approximately 25 working days if you have a hit not 15 days from the date in which the completed application is received by the AFP.

Once the application completed and certificate posted to me ASAP.

23 minutes ago, millski88 said:

That is so quick! How is that not streamlined? They requested docs on the same day and you got your test email 2 days after fulfilling the request - sounds a lot more streamlined than most. Mad jealous of that haha.

Haha maybe because the NPC is still pending that is why it causing so much delay? I thought they have done it prior getting the test and interview date.

10 minutes ago, supertoblerone said:

Haha maybe because the NPC is still pending that is why it causing so much delay? I thought they have done it prior getting the test and interview date.

Sorry, just to check - you did mean May 2019 and not May 2018 as your application date?

I don't see any delay. In fact this is one of the quickest applications i've seen lol. People on here waiting nearly 2 years with no test date, nothing. Yours is 3 months and you've already taken your test! Thats crazy quick.

• Like 3