The pommie winter

bunbury61

9 minutes ago, Toots said:

What is pefect?  Rellies in Scotland said it was bloody cold and wet.  Guess it depends where you live.  Same as here.  One of my friends even whinged about the heat you had last summer.  

Scotland and england from the north midlands down have different climates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Perthbum said:

My sister (from Edinburgh) has been staying with us since before Christmas.  She will be here until later next month.  She chose to come at this time of year to escape the Scottish winter weather.  She might not need to do so in the future if it has improved so much.  😉  

27 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

I think you're right. I worked on the South Coast a lot when we lived in Manchester. You could see it brightening up on the drive down usually. Considered moving to Weymouth when I got a job offer but the houses were too expensive so we emigrated.

1 hour ago, Toots said:

My sister (from Edinburgh) has been staying with us since before Christmas.  She will be here until later next month.  She chose to come at this time of year to escape the Scottish winter weather.  She might not need to do so in the future if it has improved so much.  😉  

We're near Kinross, so a bit north of Edinburgh, and honestly don't find the weather a bother at all. It is glorious again this morning, and I'm looking forwards to having a nice long walk down to the river. I suppose we're all different, like different things, and find different things enjoyable/a bother. The evenings and mornings are noticeably lighter now too 😀

• Like 2

You can’t win really where ever you live. I think this summer on the Sunshine Coast hasn’t been nearly as hot and humid this year. cooler than usual, i’ve needed the aircon much less. Just had a really cool and windy week due to the cyclone hovering off shore, been lovely walking in cool, bracing and very windy weather even though it should be summer. So one place warmer than usual and another cooler!!

22 hours ago, TazG said:

This is great to hear!! I have heard nothing much positive regarding the weather and why we would be mad to leave Australian sun to go back to dreary wet Scotland.  I'd rather being cooler and walking in the drizzle any day over 40 degree heat!

Overall - its changing 

21.3c in london today in february 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LKC said:

We're near Kinross, so a bit north of Edinburgh, and honestly don't find the weather a bother at all. It is glorious again this morning, and I'm looking forwards to having a nice long walk down to the river. I suppose we're all different, like different things, and find different things enjoyable/a bother. The evenings and mornings are noticeably lighter now too 😀

The scenery, and space , is truly stunning in parts of scotland 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Toots said:

Also an area of the west coast of scotland has always benifitted from the jet stream - apparently.

You would know the area toots , where palm trees can be grown 

9 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Also an area of the west coast of scotland has always benifitted from the jet stream - apparently.

You would know the area toots , where palm trees can be grown 

Yes I know that area bunbury.  It's mild climate , north Atlantic drift and being sheltered seems to be ideal for palm trees.

• 1 month later...

It seems the Pommie winter was better than the weather at the moment.  My cousin is a farmer and new born lambs are suffering in SNOW which fell overnight.  Just before that the weather was very wet and windy    ......................  hope you UK people didn't pack all your winter woolies away in February.  

You get used to wherever you live I think. We went up to Darwin and I thought I'd die in the heat but within a week I thought nothing of it. We have a drought problem here and I just love it when we get a tiny bit of rain but I remember really detesting the wet weather when I lived in the UK.

I didn't make it to Perth this year due to renovations on the house.

Don't mind the cold. It wasn't that cold, and I take the train so I am out in it.

But I miss the sun, and it affects my health. But it did shine warm the other day, and I did spend a couple of hours in the garden in a t shirt.

1 hour ago, Toots said:

It seems the Pommie winter was better than the weather at the moment.  My cousin is a farmer and new born lambs are suffering in SNOW which fell overnight.  Just before that the weather was very wet and windy    ......................  hope you UK people didn't pack all your winter woolies away in February.  

I put my heavy coat away a week too early methinks.

I’ve just returned from 4 weeks in the U.K. with work.
I spent time in Scotland, south of London as well as various places in between. The constant seemed to be the icy wind! There was an odd day where it was not windy and the sun made it pleasant but in general I was colder than I expected to be....or maybe I’ve gone soft!

12 hours ago, Toots said:

2 days of cold but nothing below freezing toots, beautiful the last 2 days warm and sunny.  Where was this snow?

On 26/02/2019 at 08:32, LKC said:

Glenfarg ..??

Edited by Home and Happy