Swimming pool

Metoo

Thanks, today is my day off so I was up early to see Mr M off to work.

A quick sprint round with the vacuum and filling of the dish washer left me a bit on the sweaty side as it’s already 29 degrees.

Put my cossy on and jumped in. 

Yep, now I know why we needed a pool, it was bliss.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Funny you should say that Benj, we have decided to move the fence out another 2mt to give us a bit more space on the pool side. So, the black aluminium fence will be moving and the piles of bricks you can see in the picture above will be a mini wall to stop the rain (if we ever get any) from running down into the pool. 

I will take some more photos tomorrow of the latest bit of excavation we had done on Monday.

actual planting can’t start until the fencing is re-sited , though I have already started collecting plants.

• Like 1

Nice kidney shaped pool you have got there. Nice finishing too. Seems like your backyard is filled with tall trees. There is a chance of debris falling into your pool and Its better to buy and keep a debris leaf cover  to prevent your pool from getting dirty. With the help of a pool cover roller it can be easily rolled up with in minutes. Anyways!! Your pool looks great and when are you going to invite me to your pool party. 😃

• Like 1

On 22/03/2019 at 20:12, lewisreed121 said:

Nice kidney shaped pool you have got there. Nice finishing too. Seems like your backyard is filled with tall trees. There is a chance of debris falling into your pool and Its better to buy and keep a debris leaf cover to prevent your pool from getting dirty. With the help of a pool cover roller it can be easily rolled up with in minutes. Anyways!! Your pool looks great and when are you going to invite me to your pool party. 😃

now that wouldnt be a link to your company would it?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Lauren & Luke said:

@Metoo

Hey, 

Do you have any updates on your pool and landscaping?

Intrigued to see the end result 🙂 

Lauren 

Hi Lauren,  we made a little more progress.

we spent a week putting in the form work for the concrete base which will hold the mini wall. 

Then a trip to Bunnings to collect the first 30 bags of concrete. We soon realised this was a mistake. 

Lifting the bags was really heavy and you need to lift them to chest height to tip them into the concrete mixer. So, we spent a full day tipping and mixing and smoothing out. Also when you tip the mix out of the mixer it splashes everywhere so we had large sheets of cardboard protecting the fence.

One day of this was enough for us and we hadn’t even done a quarter of the footings. So, we ordered ready made concrete which was delivered on Tuesday. It took about half an hour for the guy to tip it in exactly the right place, no splashing and no lifting, all we had to do was smooth it out. This is the way to go from now on lol.

Meanwhile, we collected a trailer load of top soil and some bags of chicken manure and filled up the first stretch of garden bed ready for planting. 

Progress has been slower than we would like, this is because we are doing this on our days off and, as we both work floating rosters we have had very few days where we are both off together.

Thankfully, the weather is starting to cool down a bit now so it is not quite so punishing, but it is still warm enough to jump in the pool at the end of an exhausting day.

I will add some pics later

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Metoo said:

Hi Lauren,  we made a little more progress.

we spent a week putting in the form work for the concrete base which will hold the mini wall. 

Then a trip to Bunnings to collect the first 30 bags of concrete. We soon realised this was a mistake. 

Lifting the bags was really heavy and you need to lift them to chest height to tip them into the concrete mixer. So, we spent a full day tipping and mixing and smoothing out. Also when you tip the mix out of the mixer it splashes everywhere so we had large sheets of cardboard protecting the fence.

One day of this was enough for us and we hadn’t even done a quarter of the footings. So, we ordered ready made concrete which was delivered on Tuesday. It took about half an hour for the guy to tip it in exactly the right place, no splashing and no lifting, all we had to do was smooth it out. This is the way to go from now on lol.

Meanwhile, we collected a trailer load of top soil and some bags of chicken manure and filled up the first stretch of garden bed ready for planting. 

Progress has been slower than we would like, this is because we are doing this on our days off and, as we both work floating rosters we have had very few days where we are both off together.

Thankfully, the weather is starting to cool down a bit now so it is not quite so punishing, but it is still warm enough to jump in the pool at the end of an exhausting day.

I will add some pics later

I can only imagine how tiring this may have been. I have watched Luke (My husband) do this a few times for his job. Getting concrete delivered was definitely the best option for you I guess!

I am sure with the weather cooling down you will see progress a lot quicker 🙂 

We look forward to seeing some pictures. We wait patiently ha!

Lauren

• Like 1

Picture one, the first bit of concrete we made using the mixer, picture three, ready mixed concrete along back edge.

Picture two, the old fence posts still visible from before we moved the fence. All the reclaimed space will be filled with 1m of garden and 2.4m of decking. 

4A018651-4914-4AFB-964D-6B9F552F8942.jpeg

C8FDCC6B-7F46-4C72-8C0B-B6D2E9E6A7B5.jpeg

E78BA9DD-1C08-462F-9C87-6DAB3C2D2636.jpeg

7058D747-6F8A-458F-96C2-97EC4403664C.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Metoo said:

Picture one, the first bit of concrete we made using the mixer, picture three, ready mixed concrete along back edge.

Picture two, the old fence posts still visible from before we moved the fence. All the reclaimed space will be filled with 1m of garden and 2.4m of decking. 

Ah that looks fab 🙂 Very Jealous!

Your house looks so big from what I can see too.

Looking forward to see the end result. I bet you can't wait for next summer to use it to its max potential. 

Lauren x

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, after what seems like a very long time work has started again on the pool area (-: 

The frame work work for the decking is down.  The supports for the gazebo are in (after much hard work) and the beginning of the retaining wall are coming along nicely.  

1CCD1942-CCF1-4C22-A15E-20053BDBC871.jpeg

EC48501C-9625-4D72-AFD8-8E7E02159DF6.jpeg

6BD8C9D6-0D73-4B1C-A102-0ECAA259D506.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...