1 hour ago, Butterflies1988 said:

Hi thanks for the reply. I just checked with my mum who went through the process around 9 months ago and she said that she did it all under one immi account , she just did a new application . I wonder why they request different things from different people 🤔 

Hi Butterflies,

I think what's happened now is that they moving towards the approving sponsor before the applicant style, so they started to request the separate accounts from sponsors for everyone right now.

But that just started few months ago, so your mum might have been lucky enough to go with the 'old' system still.

I hope that helps.

Hi All,

Just saying hello and joining the thread I've been watching for months now since I applied for a partner visa in May. I am waiting for an RFI to do police checks and medical. Haven't heard anything yet but I continue to upload any relevant documents.

Does anyone know if Sponsor's birth certificate is required or is a scan of the passport and Australian citizenship certificate enough?

1 hour ago, aliss said:

Hi All,

Just saying hello and joining the thread I've been watching for months now since I applied for a partner visa in May. I am waiting for an RFI to do police checks and medical. Haven't heard anything yet but I continue to upload any relevant documents.

Does anyone know if Sponsor's birth certificate is required or is a scan of the passport and Australian citizenship certificate enough?

Hi . I had RFI for birth certificate so I would just upload. 😁

We had an RFI for my wife's birth certificate despite uploading the passport and aussie citizenship certificate. If you have the evidence ready I would upload it so they don't RFI it.

Hi All,
  • Like 1

@Maricota Same here, My agent has assured me if they required more information etc we would of heard more, so this should be a waiting game for the grant now! Keep busy and try not to spend to much time on here. I have moved already and can't work until grant, driving me insane but fortunate I have a house that requires renovation so keeping busy and tying not to worry. Good luck.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeannie said:

@Maricota Same here, My agent has assured me if they required more information etc we would of heard more, so this should be a waiting game for the grant now! Keep busy and try not to spend to much time on here. I have moved already and can't work until grant, driving me insane but fortunate I have a house that requires renovation so keeping busy and tying not to worry. Good luck.

House reno sounds great! I spend most of my spare time on pinterest decorating my future house ha! Good luck to us. Great to hear about what your agent said!!!! 

Hi All,

Another newbie here, looking to move back to Melbourne in the new year with my British wife and our newborn son (been together 7 years, married for 4, 3 month old son). I certainly wish we'd looked into the visa earlier, I'd assumed it would be a similar timeframe to complete as the UK, but oh well, can't change it now. We submitted our applications yesterday (6th October), and will be moving in Feb. 

Hi all,even though I've had mine granted and been living in Australia for 2 weeks now...I still like to see how things are moving along and if certain ones have been processed yet.
It's been a public holiday here today so you may not here much for a few days.
Anyway myself and @roobaby are settling in to our new house really well, dogs and cat are here kids start school next week...
Horses arrived too us yesterday, but unfortunately while in quarantine we lost a main feature Stallion..so as you may guess very upsetting but we have to pick ourselves up and make sure the other 4, ponies are happy and healthy.
Anyway I am fingers and toes crossed for you guys, and any of you moving to the NSW state you will love it ....so good luck and keep the faith xxx

1 hour ago, Steppy said:

Hi all,even though I've had mine granted and been living in Australia for 2 weeks now...I still like to see how things are moving along and if certain ones have been processed yet.
It's been a public holiday here today so you may not here much for a few days.
Anyway myself and @roobaby are settling in to our new house really well, dogs and cat are here kids start school next week...
Horses arrived too us yesterday, but unfortunately while in quarantine we lost a main feature Stallion..so as you may guess very upsetting but we have to pick ourselves up and make sure the other 4, ponies are happy and healthy.
Anyway I am fingers and toes crossed for you guys, and any of you moving to the NSW state you will love it ....so good luck and keep the faith xxx

Hi Steppy, I'm so sorry to hear that about your Stallion!! Can I ask what happened to him?

Glad all the other animals are fine...

I think our timelines are quite similar, but we're still waiting for our golden ticket!! Haven't heard a peep since our RFI on 22nd May!

On 02/10/2019 at 21:27, ga_brysia said:

Hi, you would need two accounts.

We just had one like you, uploaded everything under my (applicant) account but sponsor name all of the sponsor documents.

And in July we had an RFI just for a separate account for a sponsor.

Since then is very quiet, so I feel like it was a big overlook from our side to not have those two accounts from the beginning and extended our wait.

But you live and learn, we created a separate account for my husband now and waiting for any news, hopefully soonish 🙂

Hello,

If you don't mind it would help me (and others) if you could clarify as this can get really confusing! What exactly did they ask for in the RFI? Did your account look the same as the picture below and you still got an RFI?

My understanding of the process is that, upon completing the applicant's visa application and payment, the sponsor then has to complete an application (which is basically the form 40SP). To do this, the sponsor can either: create their own IMMI account and lodge an application (quoting the reference number of the applicant's visa application) OR lodge their application from the applicants IMMI account (quoting the reference number of the applicant's visa application). From what I've read, both of these options are fine. I chose the latter so that all our info was in one place. The only necessary part is to have completed both applications, one for the applicant and then one for the sponsor. Having done both applications, the sponsor will end up with two places where they can upload their documents/evidence: 1) in the main visa application's "upload documents" section (under the sponsors name) and 2) in the sponsors application under the "upload documents" section.

If your application was the same as mine, did you have to cancel the original sponsor application, create a separate IMMI account for the sponsor, and redo the sponsor application?

Thanks for any help!

VISA THREAD.jpg

Edited by Ryem

On 18/07/2019 at 12:11, ga_brysia said:

Just got my request for RFI : 'Your sponsor must complete Form 40SP ‘Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia’ online at: https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login'

So I guess you cannot attach a copy of it to the main application (as we have done) any more.

We will do it tonight and I hope the grant will be soon!

Hi again,

Just found this previous post of yours - sorry! So now I understand that you had not done the sponsorship application but instead uploaded the old 40SP form (I found this confusing at the time too, to be safe we did the sponsor application and uploaded the old form).

This is reassuring as I think what I (and others) have done - lodged both applications from one IMMI account - is fine. Fingers crossed anyway!

Edited by Ryem

On 06/10/2019 at 20:34, Maricota said:

Hi everyone

just want to jump on here to share my anxiety ha! Applied through London, together 7 years, 3 years married and a 2yo kiddo with Aus citizenship. Applied in Jan/2019, RFI in June and no contact anymore. Going insane is an understatement! 

We have the same timeline as you, really hoping we hear something asap. Fingers crossed for us all 🤞

Just wanted to jump on here, add the start of our journey and ask a question. 

Submitted application on the 6th September. Uploaded all documents necessary apart from form 80 and 1221 (a hectic start to the school year plus sick kids). I’m just working through the forms and I’m wondering if there is an easier way instead of printing them, filling them in, scanning and attaching as documents? Seems like a lot of work for very repetitive questions. 

TIA 

@lepea Hi, we just filled them out on the computer and signed them using a digital signature. Not sure how to do this on all computers.. but on a mac you can open the PDF's in Preview to fill them out + do the signature. Also means you can copy paste any receptive info like passport numbers and so on.

Hi all,

Quick question for those of you out on a visiter visa, did you update immi account to say you were going? My initial application submitted in Feb didn’t specify a departure date, I can’t change that now but not sure whether I should upload something to say we are coming out now on a tourist visa, and if so where I would upload that info. Any advice from those of you there would be hugely appreciated- leaving for Melbourne on Saturday morning- though have still be hopeful that a miracle might grant my visa before we go! 

@ES86 have you left and received yours yet? How does that process work? Do they know as soon as you leave the country and you automatically get the grant, or do you have to leave, let them know you’ve left and then wait for it to come though?

Hope everyone is doing well. No new applications have been picked up since July, which is a bit gutting but great that they’ve been working through the ‘processing pile’ for the past few months. Praying they pick up some more applications soon, and more so praying that we don’t get a RFI or I’ll have to come back home to get a bit of work here whilst wait.

7 minutes ago, Nichola Gail said:

Hi all,

Quick question for those of you out on a visiter visa, did you update immi account to say you were going? My initial application submitted in Feb didn’t specify a departure date, I can’t change that now but not sure whether I should upload something to say we are coming out now on a tourist visa, and if so where I would upload that info. Any advice from those of you there would be hugely appreciated- leaving for Melbourne on Saturday morning- though have still be hopeful that a miracle might grant my visa before we go! 

@ES86 have you left and received yours yet? How does that process work? Do they know as soon as you leave the country and you automatically get the grant, or do you have to leave, let them know you’ve left and then wait for it to come though?

Hope everyone is doing well. No new applications have been picked up since July, which is a bit gutting but great that they’ve been working through the ‘processing pile’ for the past few months. Praying they pick up some more applications soon, and more so praying that we don’t get a RFI or I’ll have to come back home to get a bit of work here whilst wait.

Hey @Nichola Gail

I just arrived Australia last week on a visitor visa. What I did was to submit a “change in circumstances” form notifying them of my planned trip to Aus. After arriving I updated my address accordingly and posted a pdf with a short cover letter explaining our current situation, new lease agreement, phone plan in both names etc. 

Not it sure if I’ve done this “right”, but seemed like the logical way to do it 😬😂

As soon they have asked you to leave and you do so, they will automatically get notified of this as you scan your passport on departure. The visa usually comes through as you’re on the flight out of aus, but they want you to allow 5 business days just in case of any delays. 

just did my daily log in to check if i had missed an email and now the time frame is saying 16-21 months 😢 - looks like the delays are having an impact on that now.

Also just noticed a new section on bridging visas - has anyone else got this?

fingers crossed we get some more movement this coming week for some of the 2019 applications.

Have a good weekend everyone

Edited by mhcornwall

2 hours ago, mhcornwall said:

just did my daily log in to check if i had missed an email and now the time frame is saying 16-21 months 😢 - looks like the delays are having an impact on that now.

Also just noticed a new section on bridging visas - has anyone else got this?

fingers crossed we get some more movement this coming week for some of the 2019 applications.

Have a good weekend everyone

I haven't noticed the section on bridging visas, where was that?

when you log in and get directed to the application home screen, it is on the left hand side of the screen on that menu under update details.

weird that it has come up. I have read it and noticed it is for people that are n bridging visas rather than inviting someone to apply for it. 

It all seems to have gone very quiet again 😥 We’re now 10 months in with no contact whatsoever. I submitted my medical and Police checks in March. I’m really hoping not to incur additional costs having to redo these. The lack of contact is so frustrating.