2 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Hi all,

just came across this forum and thank god I did. I applied 22nd 0ctover 2018 for 309/100. I haven’t heard anything back but looks like none of the October’s have. I have uploaded everything apart from police checks as I have been speaking to a solicitor about a caution. I have put I don’t have any convictions as I was told a caution is not a conviction. Does anyone know if I had to declare it? Afraid that because I didn’t mention it I may get rejected.

Thanks.

There have been a couple of RFIs from people who applied in early October, so your application may be picked up soon- we applied on 31/10 so are probably on similar timescales to you/your partner.

Re the caution, I would declare it now- it will appear on your police report and that will cause delays later down the track. I had a friend who had their 309/100 visa granted in 7 months last year with a caution on her husband's record as well. It was declared in detail on his application (history of the incident, that it was from 10 years + back, etc) and so there were presumably no issues/delays for his visa as a result.

On 22/11/2018 at 11:44, samie97 said:

My partner has her own Immi account. When I submitted my application I was given a transaction number and my partner applied for a 'sponsor' application on her account. You put the transaction number your application in the required field and it links the two applications together. 

It doesn't take too long to do at all, to be honest. The only additional information it asks for is your wifes travelk details for the last 10 years. 

Is it possible to do the sponsor application using the same immi account as the main applicant? Or do most people get sponsor to set up their own immi account? 

3 hours ago, Belfastchild said:

Another quick question guys. I spent just under 12 months in Australia in 2016. I went home for 2 weeks during this time. In total I remained for 11 months 28 days to be exact. Do I need an Aus police check as well as my UK one?

Thanks

Are you the sponsor? There’s been a couple of people on this forum who’ve been asked for police checks when they only lived in Aus for 10-11 months, so I would probably get one done.  

Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while and thought I'd add our details to the mix! This thread has been so helpful in keeping the panic at bay (although frustrating to see so many others in limbo too).

I'm the sponsor, husband is a British citizen. Together 8 years, married for 4, one child. 

We applied 9 July 2018, husband did the medical shortly after. We didn't front-load his police check although I did front-load my UK one. I didn't do an Australian police check at this point as I've lived in the UK over 10 years.

Got a RFI on 22/11/18 for husband's police check which we uploaded early December.

Got an email shortly after saying we had a CO and are currently at 'further assessment' stage.

Nothing else to date... until I just logged on this morning to check these dates and on my application it now says 'approved' next to my name. The application status still says 'submitted' but I'm sure the 'approved' bit wasn't there before... I think someone on the forum earlier in the month had this too? So fingers crossed it's a sign of progress as we're planning on moving in April!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

2 hours ago, mia.oh.my said:

@belfastchild I’m an Australian by descent and have never lived in Australia and was asked in my RFI for an Australian police check. Now I’m stressing out it won’t arrive within the 28 day window, despite it having being despatched 3 days after it was requested. (Another wait to add to an even bigger wait!)

You only lodged your visa a few weeks before me. Think I’ll get mine ordered now. Such a stressful experience this visa. 

On 18/12/2018 at 11:25, neeskens said:

Hi all,

New member here but have been reading this thread for a while with interest. Best of luck to all of you waiting and congratulations to those who have received visas recently.

I am an Australian citizen, my wife is British and recently we lodged a 309 application from here in the UK. 

We'd always planned on heading back to Australia but we are doing so sooner than planned as my mother is currently critically ill in Australia. I was wondering if anyone has a contact email address for the team dealing with partner visa applications in the London office, as I would like to request priority processing on compassionate grounds (I have supporting medical documentation to submit as evidence of this). 

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated. 

Neeskens

On 18/12/2018 at 11:31, Jon the Hat said:

Hi Neeskens.

I would call the global helpline, although they might not be much help.  It might be easier to go on a tourist visa to be honest, then head offfshore when the grant comes through.

Just to follow up on this for anyone in similar circumstances with a family member critically ill. I followed @Jon the Hat's advice and called the global helpline. They told me to upload the evidence (letters from doctors, proof of urgent same day travel from UK to Australia when family member became ill etc) but couldn't guarantee anything.

A couple of weeks ago we had confirmation they planned to expedite our application and my wife was granted the 100 visa last week from London.

Really hoping there'll be some more grants this week for those of you that have been waiting for so long. All the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neeskens said:

Just to follow up on this for anyone in similar circumstances with a family member critically ill. I followed @Jon the Hat's advice and called the global helpline. They told me to upload the evidence (letters from doctors, proof of urgent same day travel from UK to Australia when family member became ill etc) but couldn't guarantee anything.

A couple of weeks ago we had confirmation they planned to expedite our application and my wife was granted the 100 visa last week from London.

Really hoping there'll be some more grants this week for those of you that have been waiting for so long. All the best.

I am glad you could sort something out!  It is nice to see that there are some exceptional circumstances which they will take into account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waitingaround said:

Ours changed last time from the 12-17 to 13-18 on Immi but has not changed this time to the new 14-18 month processing time. 

Does it normally change on Immi aswel? Worried ours has not changed yet🤨

According to my assessment, official and most updated processing time for 309 is mentioned at:  https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-offshore/provisional-309

• 75% of applications: 14 months
  • 90% of applications: 19 months

I'm discussing the same topic here

16 hours ago, Waitingaround said:

Ours changed last time from the 12-17 to 13-18 on Immi but has not changed this time to the new 14-18 month processing time. 

Does it normally change on Immi aswel? Worried ours has not changed yet🤨

I often wonder the point of these duration's apart from stressing everyone out when they change etc.😪

On 17/02/2019 at 07:37, Bananacake said:

Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while and thought I'd add our details to the mix! This thread has been so helpful in keeping the panic at bay (although frustrating to see so many others in limbo too).

I'm the sponsor, husband is a British citizen. Together 8 years, married for 4, one child. 

We applied 9 July 2018, husband did the medical shortly after. We didn't front-load his police check although I did front-load my UK one. I didn't do an Australian police check at this point as I've lived in the UK over 10 years.

Got a RFI on 22/11/18 for husband's police check which we uploaded early December.

Got an email shortly after saying we had a CO and are currently at 'further assessment' stage.

Nothing else to date... until I just logged on this morning to check these dates and on my application it now says 'approved' next to my name. The application status still says 'submitted' but I'm sure the 'approved' bit wasn't there before... I think someone on the forum earlier in the month had this too? So fingers crossed it's a sign of progress as we're planning on moving in April!

Hi @Bananacake - Yes I also log in and have 'approved' next to my name as a sponsor yet application is still saying submitted  - it's been like that for some time now....no RFIs and I submitted 4th Oct.... Can only hope something is coming our way soon! 

I can't believe it - just logged into my emails and have the golden ticket for my 100 visa!

Hopefully this means that they are starting to process more and I hope everyone else's follows soon! Wanted to update you all immediately to give everyone a bit of hope.

• Like 4
  • Congratulations 7

9 minutes ago, LottyC said:

I can't believe it - just logged into my emails and have the golden ticket for my 100 visa!

Hopefully this means that they are starting to process more and I hope everyone else's follows soon! Wanted to update you all immediately to give everyone a bit of hope.

Congratulations 🙂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LottyC said:

Amazing news, congrats @lottyc!!! 🙂 Hope the rest of the approvals start coming in for everyone who are still waiting, fingers crossed.

Edited by Thisforumisalifesaver
incorrect name
  • Like 1