All, 

I received an email on Friday afternoon requesting more information. I applied with a full front loaded application on April 10th. Iam hoping that if they have this information provided to them by tomorrow that in the relatively near future the visa will be signed off. My wife and kids are already over there. The last month has been challenging enough as it is and I have a flight booked on the 25th. 

If you dont mind sharing what extra information did they want????? May save those of us who believe we have front loaded too.

Hope you hear soon .... must be so hard when you are seperated

Thanks

Well that is a little more positive!  Perhaps if we applied before that they have already reviewed documentation and are ok with it.  I could really do with this coming in the next few weeks - it might just secure me a job and relocation package to Sydney.  Work are considering if they can wait the 2-3 months a TSS is likely to take.

• Like 1

They asked for my wife to complete a 40SP form. This may have been an omission on my part. Then they requested proof my wife was a Australian citizen. They already have the signed copy of my wife's passport, so I think they have made a mistake there. 

1 hour ago, Floyd18 said:

They asked for my wife to complete a 40SP form. This may have been an omission on my part. Then they requested proof my wife was a Australian citizen. They already have the signed copy of my wife's passport, so I think they have made a mistake there. 

I think she would normally have to supply either her birth certificate or citizenship certificate, as well as the passport. Just having the passport is not considered proof of citizenship. 

4 hours ago, Floyd18 said:

@Noodlejaffa this answers my question from the other day lol😉 it’s been done now 😊😊 

in other news, I’m flying out on 30th- flight is booked 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CEP said:

@Noodlejaffa this answers my question from the other day lol😉 it’s been done now 😊😊 

in other news, I’m flying out on 30th- flight is booked 😊

Yeah, thought of you as soon as I read the post! And sent me into a blind panic too! Don't know if I should contact my RMA now. Went through all our lodged docs and there's a form that looks exactly like the 40SP forms in terms of questions. Don't want to sound like an interfering old bag!

Flying 30th Nov? I'm flying out on the 7th Nov 😊

On 14/10/2018 at 16:27, Floyd18 said:

Great news on the update at least! Just a quick question... When you applied online, did you submit a 'Sponsorship for a Partner to Migrate to Australia' application linked to yours? Because the questions in that look pretty much the same as the 40SP and I read that the online form essentially replaced that one...

I agree Jon. We all have stuff that would be a lot easier if we had the golden email or just knowledge of when they would look at the application but this is the problem with something so opaque. We have to just stay as positive as we can and put in place what we can in the meantime.
Laf - you will defo need the Aus checks so maybe get those completed so you know you have a decision ready application.... i assume you have front loaded???
Fingers crossed these requests mean we are starting to get some movement and we all hear soon

I feel quite positive but then we also have a back up option of me going on an e600 visa as I’m on a career break anyway. Also we have a bit more time than some others on here as we are now waiting till April to go. But we are sold up and renting so ready to go,  currently just getting shipping and removal quotes which is blowing my mind! 

Fingers crossed for you all  🙏🏻🤞🏼

1 hour ago, Katiebobbles said:

I agree Jon. We all have stuff that would be a lot easier if we had the golden email or just knowledge of when they would look at the application but this is the problem with something so opaque. We have to just stay as positive as we can and put in place what we can in the meantime.
Laf - you will defo need the Aus checks so maybe get those completed so you know you have a decision ready application.... i assume you have front loaded???
Fingers crossed these requests mean we are starting to get some movement and we all hear soon

Ooh now I'm confused. I haven't submitted my Oz police check as sponsor because I haven't lived there for over 12 months in the past 10 years. I thought that was ok (everything else for my husband's application is front loaded ie both our UK police checks). My migration agent certainly didn't mention it. I don't want to spend money I don't need to but also don't want to delay things. Has anyone been in a similar situation and was asked for Aus police checks? We lodged 12 April 2018 and yet to hear anything...

4 minutes ago, BacktoOz83 said:

Ooh now I'm confused. I haven't submitted my Oz police check as sponsor because I haven't lived there for over 12 months in the past 10 years. I thought that was ok (everything else for my husband's application is front loaded ie both our UK police checks). My migration agent certainly didn't mention it. I don't want to spend money I don't need to but also don't want to delay things. Has anyone been in a similar situation and was asked for Aus police checks? We lodged 12 April 2018 and yet to hear anything...

Hi! I’m in the same situation but my agent said they won’t want a police check for me for the same reasons. I don’t want a delay! She even said I didn’t need a U.K. police clearance...I’ll email her and clarify and let you know what we find out. We lodged the same week as you and no news yet either. X

Hiya, I applied 2nd of April, I thought I’d included everything but I’ve been asked for an Australian check for my partner (sponsor) and he hasn’t lived there since he was 4, they have also asked for a UK check too, so if you are in a rush and don’t want a delay it might be a good idea to apply[emoji4]

My agent has just clarified the following...
Female sponsors do not need police clearance, only male sponsors. 
Unbelieveable really! Has anyone who is a female sponsor been asked for U.K. or Aus police clearance? Thanks 

That's quite shocking in these supposed times of equality.
  • Like 1