Bomb blast at Manchester Arena several dead.

1 hour ago, newjez said:

The Japanese could have conducted a terror campaign. They didn't. Why? Do you really have no idea of how many people, children included, the Russians slaughtered? They made the Germans look like rank ameuteurs. But we negotiated with them.

The Japanese knew there would have been more atomic bombs if they did not surrender , nothing has come close to the amount of destruction of the two atomic bombs ,it's what ended the war in the paciffic Japan were a beaten nation no fight left in them after those events. 

As to the Russians we never fought them it was a race to get to Berlin first Starling was killing his own people with his idealism of communism and brutal he was they didn't attack the west like  these radical monsters are today in the name of Allaha

Two totally different things  

6 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

The Japanese knew there would have been more atomic bombs if they did not surrender , nothing has come close to the amount of destruction of the two atomic bombs ,it's what ended the war in the paciffic Japan were a beaten nation no fight left in them after those events. 

As to the Russians we never fought them it was a race to get to Berlin first Starling was killing his own people with his idealism of communism and brutal he was they didn't attack the west like  these radical monsters are today in the name of Allaha

Two totally different things  

The Americans occupied Japan. They could have easily conducted a terror campaign. They didn't because the Americans didn't punish the Japanese. They flooded Japan with investment. Think about that in relation to our current problems. We can learn from history.

So if a genocide is going on in Rwanda and thousands being ruthlessly massacred, we must not interfere is that right ?

I bet if people here or their family members were being tortured, they would be very happy for anyone to interfere to save them.

2 hours ago, newjez said:

You had two people's in conflict. The British army got involved to try and resolve the situation, and the UK mainland got attacked as a result. Where is the difference?

The difference is the PIRA's action were as a result of what they saw as inequality and wanting a untited Ireland.

Islamic fundamentalist's are following the teachings of a fictitious book and choosing to interpret them how ever they want to justify killing people who do not conform to there way of thinking are you starting to understand yet?

If you are naive enough to think this is happening purely as a result of Western governments actions in the Middle East you are gravely mistaken, 68 Syrian children didn't get blown to pieces as a result of Western policy wake up!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

You seem to be the only person on the thread saying that, not very nice is it.

I have just read back through the threads and that quote is taken out of context. @newjez was clarifying a post where he was saying the opposite, that you cannot solve the problem with a one size fits all Muslims solution.

3 hours ago, simmo said:

i saw it on C4 news not  photoshop

It's pretty widespread on the net but it's clearly not an islamic woman wearing traditional burqa. She is wearing a hijab with (apparently) the face veil as an afterthought

Edited by Johndoe

22 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

It's pretty widespread on the net but it's clearly not an islamic woman wearing traditional burqa. She is wearing a hijab with (apparently) the face veil as an afterthought

Trust me on this. There are many variations of the full face burqa.the face part is sometimes detachable.

1 hour ago, Johndoe said:

The first image supplied was shopped a screen grab and from 4chan 

47 minutes ago, Sunset said:

The first image supplied was shopped a screen grab and from 4chan 

It is clear to see that it is a photo of someone's TV screen.wether it ended up on 4chan or not is irrelevant.

Do you accept the t-shirt is real? What about the YouTube video? Is that fake.?

49 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

If I had seen  him/her in a news bite on TV probably would not have spotted anything odd but looking at the photo I am sure he is a bloke. Look at the size of him vs the man next to him.

Sounds like  a woman to me.  Could be a man with a feminine voice but I doubt it.

• Like 1

Well it seems the bomber had been reported to security services by family members and other members of the Muslim community but was allowed to slip through the net wether he was considered low priority or just lack of resources available within the security services let him carry out the atrocity I'm sure some sort of inquiry will happen.........at least we have trident though that'll come in handy.

On 24 May 2017 at 14:00, ScottieGirl said:

From the reports I am reading he was more than just a name on a list , apparently he no longer lives in the UK and arrived back in the country recently.  I see 3 more arrests have been made. It looks to me as if the cell was known to the security forces. 

I agree with your sentiments around treating everyone equally irrespective of ethnic origin but when it comes to civil liberty where does one draw the line for for people where the authorities suspicions are legitimate?  Look at the guy who committed the Dunblane massacre who was white and presumably not Muslim.  Numerous complaints were filed against him prior to the attack but nothing was done. Isn't it  a bit too late to wait until they are shown to be guilty?

I understand your point, but maybe the line has already been successfully drawn - how many atrocities do the security services currently prevent using existing laws and legislation? Probably far more than most of us would suspect. But we want them to be successful 100% of the time because just one failure results in heartbreak that touches us all. Is it possible to achieve a success rate of 100% by arresting and detaining people indefinitely without trial, by ignoring the need for evidence or reasonable grounds for suspicion? Perhaps, but I doubt it to be honest. And as innocent sons, brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers would also be swept up in a ‘potential offender, let’s keep them off the streets’ net, what impact would that have on the communities in which we live?

There is no easy answer, we live in a global society and cannot pull up the drawbridge to keep the bad guys out. But we can make it harder for them to operate by adequately resourcing our security services, and focusing on things that unite the rest of us. Simple things like respect, decency and an equal right to be treated fairly by the law. T x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tea4too said:

I understand your point, but maybe the line has already been successfully drawn - how many atrocities do the security services currently prevent using existing laws and legislation? Probably far more than most of us would suspect. But we want them to be successful 100% of the time because just one failure results in heartbreak that touches us all. Is it possible to achieve a success rate of 100% by arresting and detaining people indefinitely without trial, by ignoring the need for evidence or reasonable grounds for suspicion? Perhaps, but I doubt it to be honest. And as innocent sons, brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers would also be swept up in a ‘potential offender, let’s keep them off the streets’ net, what impact would that have on the communities in which we live?

There is no easy answer, we live in a global society and cannot pull up the drawbridge to keep the bad guys out. But we can make it harder for them to operate by adequately resourcing our security services, and focusing on things that unite the rest of us. Simple things like respect, decency and an equal right to be treated fairly by the law. T x

I'm quite happy to lose freedoms I don't care about if it gets results and doesn't increase the level of violence. Bug my phone, my house, my internet. Whatever it takes.

1 hour ago, newjez said:

I'm quite happy to lose freedoms I don't care about if it gets results and doesn't increase the level of violence. Bug my phone, my house, my internet. Whatever it takes.

Already happening mate social media's the key clamp down on the bad guys using it through better surveillance and quicker action against them will stem the flow.

17 hours ago, simmo said:

Those kids had never once "interfered in the Middle East" its likely their parents, even grandparents never did either

Of course they haven't.  No one said - or even implied - they had:  that would be patently ridiculous.  I was responding to the sentence that "we" - the British nation and friends - have been trying to "stabilise" the Middle East.    Those kids are the innocent victims of others' demented grab for power.  They join the millions of other innocent victims of human monsters down through the centuries.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skani said:

Of course they haven't.  No one said - or even implied - they had:  that would be patently ridiculous.  I was responding to the sentence that "we" - the British nation and friends - have been trying to "stabilise" the Middle East.    Those kids are the innocent victims of others' demented grab for power.  They join the millions of other innocent victims of human monsters down through the centuries.

Then I suggest you rethink the use of the word "we" and even "the British nation"

1 hour ago, simmo said:

Then I suggest you rethink the use of the word "we" and even "the British nation"

I was responding to another poster who used "we".  In the absence of any other clarification I inferred Britain specifically and/or western nations generally..  You'll have to ask him who "we" are.