Snap General Election Called

VERYSTORMY

Ding dong the witch is dead, the witch is dead the witch is dead!!!

Ha, ha ha!!!

18 minutes ago, newjez said:

Ha, ha ha!!!

Are you on drugs ?

Conservatives are winning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

Are you on drugs ?

Given that no results have been announced yet I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.  According to the BBC Exit polls are showing the conservatives will get the most seats but not a majority.

6 minutes ago, Parley said:

Are you on drugs ?

May won't survive this, even if they scrape in with a majority. To throw away three years, and then end in a worse position when you started, in a drovers dog election. She's a lame duck. The EU will eat her alive. It's all over red rover for her.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NicF said:

Given that no results have been announced yet I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.  According to the BBC Exit polls are showing the conservatives will get the most seats but not a majority.

I'm watching it on Sky News.

They are showing Conservatives 314 to Lab 266. so they are winning.

10 minutes ago, Parley said:

Against a coalition? It's dead level. Anyone's game. And I can't see the lib Dems joining the Tories again. NI may hold the balance? Can anyone tell us how that could work? SNP working with labour?

Edited by newjez

18 minutes ago, Parley said:

That's the exit poll figures you are seeing not actual seats won yet.  Only time will tell how accurate those polls are.

24 minutes ago, NicF said:

That's the exit poll figures you are seeing not actual seats won yet.  Only time will tell how accurate those polls are.

So why didn't you point this out to newjez when he started proclaiming death to the witch.

Edited by Parley

9 minutes ago, Parley said:

So why didn't you point this out to newjez when he started proclaiming death to the witch.

Because if the polls are right it signifies a large loss in seats for the conservatives and Teresa May's is likely to either resign or be forced out.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

The polls are showing the Conservatives winning. So I think the idea of the leader resigning when they win is ridiculous.

Did Malcolm Turnbull resign when he won the Australian election by 1 seat ?

No he didn't.

May will need 326 to retain a slim overall majority.  Nobody but the Ulster Unionists are going to go into a coalition with them and the Ulster Unionists are not going to be interested in legislation which does not directly impact NI.

These numbers suggest it may not be possible for anyone to form a working government so potentially another election?

1 hour ago, Parley said:

The polls are showing the Conservatives winning. So I think the idea of the leader resigning when they win is ridiculous.

Did Malcolm Turnbull resign when he won the Australian election by 1 seat ?

No he didn't.

Balderdash.  This was an early unscheduled election called for no other reason other than to increase a majority as it's main stated purpose.

It has failed, she will resign tomorrow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Parley said:

The party with the most seats has the moral right to seek a coalition and govern.

To have a coalition of all losing  parties against the party with most seats is not going to be accepted by the people and wouldn't happen.

Who's going to form with the Tories after the way they shafted the lib Dems? What goes around comes around.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Balderdash.  This was an early unscheduled election called for no other reason other than to increase a majority as it's main stated purpose.

It has failed, she will resign tomorrow.

Not only her. They will remove anyone who has anything to do with her. This will be a game of thrones moment.

Senior Conservatives said this morning that she had made "fundamental strategic errors" and said that her closest aides should be "banished" from Downing Street.

They complained that the campaign had been centred around a "cult of personality" and "central control", adding: "It has completely blown up in our face".

One senior Tory told The Telegraph: "This is bad, it's worse than bad. Her advisers should walk out of the door now never to return, regardless of the final result.

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

Not only her. They will remove anyone who has anything to do with her. This will be a game of thrones moment.

Senior Conservatives said this morning that she had made "fundamental strategic errors" and said that her closest aides should be "banished" from Downing Street.

They complained that the campaign had been centred around a "cult of personality" and "central control", adding: "It has completely blown up in our face".

One senior Tory told The Telegraph: "This is bad, it's worse than bad. Her advisers should walk out of the door now never to return, regardless of the final result.

Will BoJo stick his head above the parapet for an election re-run or Gove.  Picking Gove would surely be heaven-sent for Labour second time around.

Looks like Brexit supporters have achieved their "independence" but may have gained an ungovernable country.

12 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Will BoJo stick his head above the parapet for an election re-run or Gove.  Picking Gove would surely be heaven-sent for Labour second time around.

Looks like Brexit supporters have achieved their "independence" but may have gained an ungovernable country.

It is a massive vote against a hard brexit. Obviously no deal isn't better than any other deal. 

I just wonder whether whether they will accept the democratic will of the people of whether they will throw their toys out of the pram?

It's a shame really. Verystormy could have saved himself a very long drive.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

If only she'd been a bit more strong and stable.

I fancy Hammond, but not sure he has the numbers. Rudd may lose her seat. IDS is out I think, same with bojo. This was an anti brexit vote. Hague maybe as a care taker? The public would choke on Gove. If they couldn't stomach may...

Edited by newjez