On 11/06/2021 at 19:49, 186 DE said:

Hi everyone 🙋‍♂️ 

Has anyone been waiting for DE 15 months or longer? 
I get that waiting times are long, but I feel this is exceptionally long for Direct Entry.

also nomination has not been approved yet.

I have made 2 complaints which was passed on to the Relevant Business Area.

I haven’t heard anything since!

no requests for further documents since the day I lodged!

We called the Immigration Department regarding the streams and the processing time. They said it doesn't matter whether it is DE or TRT, it depends on the occupation. Say if there were a lot of nurses applied for DE in the last three months which got approved very fast, the DE processing time would say very short.

Hi,

Is there any onshore applicant awaiting for visa grant with an occupation coming under the pmsol after medical has been done? When I can see that most of the time, pmsol occupation applicants get their visa grant very quickly. I am still waiting for it. The status is further assessment.

My nomination was lodged on 19th May

Visa Lodged on 20th May as Software Engineer

S56 request for medical 25th May, status Initial Assessment.

Medical took place on 26th May and medical was cleared and submitted on 27th May.

From 28th May visa is in further assessment status.

50 minutes ago, 186de said:

Hi,

Is anyone aware of Form 956 A for the appointment of a new authorized recipient? I saw that my agent has uploaded this document recently in my application.

I think that’s from the agent asking someone else to look into your case from my understanding.

58 minutes ago, 186de said:

Hi,

Is anyone aware of Form 956 A for the appointment of a new authorized recipient? I saw that my agent has uploaded this document recently in my application.

Form 956a is used to inform the DOHA that you are appointing an authorised recipient to receive documents that the department would otherwise have sent to you or withdrawing the appointment of your authorised representative. It’s not usually a form a migration would use. Why don’t you just speak them and ask? 

On 11/06/2021 at 20:12, 186 DE said:

I never imagined it would take this long! 
I’m  questioning everything now.

is it the business? Is it my visa application? Is it because I’m in victoria? 
is it my occupation? (Chef).

I don’t know what to do either! It’s so depressing 

I see many people make a complain and got a direct grant. Iv complained twice and got nothing 😞 

@186 DE Unfortunately, no one can answer that for you - we all wish we knew why things are done the way they are. 

As a side note: In my experience, a Chef / Restaurant manager are considered "high risk" occupations to CO and typically take much longer than other cases. Again, this is from my own personal experience and that of this forum alone. 

Just know that they will have to get to your case, it's just a matter of when!?!

On 11/06/2021 at 09:32, baiken said:

Hi All! Hope all is doing good on a Friday. 

Just a quick question, I tried reading from page 1, but after page 30, I kinda got lost on this very long and helpful thread. 🙂

My company has offered to help out in providing a 186 DE, and they want to do it with an agent. Thing is, the cost is a bit huge for me so I am thinking if I can DIY.

Please help to point me in the right direction so I can get the necessary paper works completed to get it rolling. 

All the best!

@baiken Unfortunately, unless you do this kind of thing for a living - the visa application and management of same is complex and can take a while to do (if you don't know what you doing). 

I know and agree that the cost of involving an agent is high, however, they are (typically) good at what they do and do many applications on a daily basis, hence, they generally know the laws and rules around different applications etc. My advise, would be to "bite the bullet" if you can and pay for one.

Remember that a failed application incurs another cost (re-apply) so if you do apply and get something wrong, it could result in an "incorrect" refusal due to error. That cost would add up to be more than what an agent would cost. 

If you insist, then good luck - try get all the free advise and information you can. From my experience, it's not a straight forward, nor simple process, however, there have been people who've spent many hours working on this and successfully applying and obtaining a visa, without using an agent.

Good luck either way! 

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 10:01, yeppuda said:

I have imported our application but my agent hasn't uploaded our de facto. Would this cause any delay? Our current status is Received. 

I know someone who has the same situation but her de facto documents have been uploaded and after 1 day, her visa was approved. 

From our end, our company would not sponsor us unless it is via agent. 

@yeppuda Remember that this is your application and you're the one paying for it to be done. The agent is just the middle-man, they "work" for you whilst your application is pending. 

If I were you, I would call my agent and ask them - I suspect this will go one of a few ways:
1. The agent will wonder how you know this and ask. You can tell him you imported the application for viewing. There's nothing he / she can do about this, even if they get upset. It's your application. 
2. As part of #1 - they'll also thank you for pointing out the error and get it fixed before a CO views it (saving you the s56 request back from the CO), saving processing time.
3 As part of #1 - explain that it's done deliberately and tell you why. It'll be a learning experience for you. At least then you know that, according to your agent, your application is "ready" and simple just need to wait for a CO.

I found too many people (myself included) are always too afraid to call and ask agents questions. Knowing what I do now, I would 100% recommend, when ever you have a legit question or something that you need clarity on, call and ask. These things affect peoples metal states and having clarity from a direct source always helps. 

Good luck! 

On 11/06/2021 at 09:32, baiken said:

Hi All! Hope all is doing good on a Friday. 

Just a quick question, I tried reading from page 1, but after page 30, I kinda got lost on this very long and helpful thread. 🙂

My company has offered to help out in providing a 186 DE, and they want to do it with an agent. Thing is, the cost is a bit huge for me so I am thinking if I can DIY.

@baiken, many people do skilled visa applications themselves (the 189, 190 etc).  However when you apply for one of those visas, you only have to supply information about yourself and your family.

The 186 is an employer-sponsored visa.  That means most of the work in preparing the application must be done by the employer.  They must prepare financial figures, prove they can't find a local applicant, etc. It's a lot of work for the employer, and you can't do that work for them.  Their accounting and HR staff are probably already too busy to take on the project, so they need to hire an agent to get it done properly.

If you refuse, you're risking that the company will do a half-baked job of their side of the application which will result in refusal.   The reason most 186 applications fail is because if inadequate or inaccurate information from the employer.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@yeppuda Remember that this is your application and you're the one paying for it to be done. The agent is just the middle-man, they "work" for you whilst your application is pending. 

If I were you, I would call my agent and ask them - I suspect this will go one of a few ways:
1. The agent will wonder how you know this and ask. You can tell him you imported the application for viewing. There's nothing he / she can do about this, even if they get upset. It's your application. 
2. As part of #1 - they'll also thank you for pointing out the error and get it fixed before a CO views it (saving you the s56 request back from the CO), saving processing time.
3 As part of #1 - explain that it's done deliberately and tell you why. It'll be a learning experience for you. At least then you know that, according to your agent, your application is "ready" and simple just need to wait for a CO.

I found too many people (myself included) are always too afraid to call and ask agents questions. Knowing what I do now, I would 100% recommend, when ever you have a legit question or something that you need clarity on, call and ask. These things affect peoples metal states and having clarity from a direct source always helps. 

Good luck! 

Thanks @Hex for the tips. Last week, I highlighted this to my agent and was not quite happy when she heard that I have imported my application. On a positive note, she already uploaded the missing documents  even without a CO s56 request. I agree with you so I asked it anyway even though I'm afraid with the risks. 

Hey everyone finally I got my visa grant today I did write a complaint this morning but not sure if that have any effect coz I didn't get the generic email like thanks for the feedback. My time line is below 👍

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 6

5 minutes ago, Riki said:

Hey everyone finally I got my visa grant today I did write a complaint this morning but not sure if that have any effect coz I didn't get the generic email like thanks for the feedback. My time line is below 👍

Congrats Riki. You've waited too long. Hopefully my turn will come soon.

By the way did you write the complain by yourself or your agent did?

Edited by rabi8463

11 minutes ago, rabi8463 said:

Congrats Riki. You've waited too long. Hopefully my turn will come soon.

By the way did you write the complain by yourself or your agent did?

My Gf helped me t put it together but I sent it on my own 

Congratulations mate, Finally! I’m happy for you. 
I’m waiting since feb 2020, 186 TRT cook, Nomination has not been approved yet. CO requested S56 information on  20 may 2021 .

1. Statement from my employer drafted 
2. Final lodge BAS
3. Financial statement of the year ended 2020
4. Tax return 
5. PAYG of mine
6. 12 months bank statement of the business showing salary & super payment of mine.

Submitted everything on 1st june. Immi account shows further assessment. Can anybody tell me How long does it takes to grant the visa? Its been 2 weeks already.  Do i need to complain again to DHA? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks 🙏

Got the PR today, below are the details

457 to 186 TRT Pathway
Role :- Business Analyst
Visa and Nomination applied - 15 June 2020, Vic , non regional 
Applicants - Three
Medicals 07 OCT 2020
Nomination approved - 20th April 2021
s56 request AU PCC 20th April 2021
Visa Granted-  15th June 2021

• Congratulations 2

2 hours ago, Mar007 said:

Got the PR today, below are the details

457 to 186 TRT Pathway
Role :- Business Analyst
Visa and Nomination applied - 15 June 2020, Vic , non regional 
Applicants - Three
Medicals 07 OCT 2020
Nomination approved - 20th April 2021
s56 request AU PCC 20th April 2021
Visa Granted-  15th June 2021

Congratulations! May i know when did you submit your new PCC after s56 request? Was the status changed to further assessment after submitted?

Hi all.

The waiting is already killing me. While coming to Australia in 457 visa I had done RPL on cook and had done the skill assessment as well through that RPL. I got the visa. Now when I applied 186 visa the CO is asking me how was I able to make RPL before entering to Australia. I am shocked by that kind of question. I tried to contact the institute where I got the RPL, but seems like the institute is already closed.

Have any of us in that kind of situation?

What can be done in this situation?

Thanks.

Hi all 

I had applied 186 visa on 23 July 2020. My occupation is cook nsw.  Last week my company got a mail from home affair they are processing my nomination so they ask for all the financial documents from my company. Last  year 2020 due to Covid the company couldn’t make much profit as a result they are in loss. Since , March  2021 the company is in progressing in there financial status. 
Before Covid company was in profit at each year. Does these changes will affect my visa?  Does anyone  in here had case like this? Thsnkyou