Hi folks,

Does anyone here have an indication to the expected timeframe in "further assessment". I know its impossible to say exactly, but looking to see if there's any experiences here.

Timeline as follows:

Applied: 29/12/20

Nomination approved: 28/05/21

s56 evidence of defacto relationship: 28/05/21

s56 response provided: 1/6/21

Appreciate your time,

Hi there, did anyone faced the following situation ?? 
Immigration officers coming to office for a verification check ?? My employee sponsored another applicant 5 months before (dec 2019) and immigration officers visited our office for a verification check - is that common or just happened in our case ?? They didn’t ask for me when they visited our office but back in Sep my case was opened and CO asked for S56 and we submitted the details within the time frame. I have submitted my application back in May 2020 and still waiting for a response. 

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated. 

regards, 

Alhamdulillah! 12 years of wait is over Finally.

186 TRT granted today!

Visa & nomination lodged: 27th July 2020

Number of applicants: 2 ( 1 offshore Bangladesh)

Medical: done long ago ( can't remember the date )

CO contact: 4th May 2021 ( I complained about the change of processing time on the previous day)

Requested documents are membership or license as a management accountant. English competency requirements for Wife.

Documents submitted: 24th May 

Visa & nomination grant: 8th June.

Thank you, everyone. 

Now I can take good night's sleep. 

• Congratulations 3

15 hours ago, aa192 said:

Hi folks,

Does anyone here have an indication to the expected timeframe in "further assessment". I know its impossible to say exactly, but looking to see if there's any experiences here.

Timeline as follows:

Applied: 29/12/20

Nomination approved: 28/05/21

s56 evidence of defacto relationship: 28/05/21

s56 response provided: 1/6/21

Appreciate your time,

@aa192 I'm afraid each case is different and is processed to every other application. No one can answer this question. 

What I can tell you is that, I've seen some "further assessment" cases be actioned within 2-3 business days, and others that stay in that status for 1.5 years. Generally speaking, I've seen the longer delays associated to the restaurant industry, however, that's just my opinion and not fact (just from my experience on this forum). 

The best advise I can give you is to ensure all your paperwork and application details are up to date and just be patient - knowing that the CO will eventually get to your file, we just don't know "when" I'm afraid. 

All the best, good luck! 

11 hours ago, raj4949 said:

Hi there, did anyone faced the following situation ?? 
Immigration officers coming to office for a verification check ?? My employee sponsored another applicant 5 months before (dec 2019) and immigration officers visited our office for a verification check - is that common or just happened in our case ?? They didn’t ask for me when they visited our office but back in Sep my case was opened and CO asked for S56 and we submitted the details within the time frame. I have submitted my application back in May 2020 and still waiting for a response. 

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated. 

regards, 

@raj4949 I've heard of this a few times. Although I wouldn't say it's common, it does happen. 

From my understanding, these visits serve a multitude of purposes (some to check on the employer, others to check on the actual employee (sponsor). 

I've never heard of anything bad come from one of these visits, it's usually more positive (they come visit, everything checks out and the application is processed within the next few days). 

As long as everything is above board and details are correct (from both employer and employee) you shouldn't have any issues! 

Good luck, hopefully you hear something soon! 

3 hours ago, Hex said:

@aa192 I'm afraid each case is different and is processed to every other application. No one can answer this question. 

What I can tell you is that, I've seen some "further assessment" cases be actioned within 2-3 business days, and others that stay in that status for 1.5 years. Generally speaking, I've seen the longer delays associated to the restaurant industry, however, that's just my opinion and not fact (just from my experience on this forum). 

The best advise I can give you is to ensure all your paperwork and application details are up to date and just be patient - knowing that the CO will eventually get to your file, we just don't know "when" I'm afraid. 

All the best, good luck! 

I am on further assessment from November 2019

9 hours ago, Hex said:

@raj4949 I've heard of this a few times. Although I wouldn't say it's common, it does happen. 

From my understanding, these visits serve a multitude of purposes (some to check on the employer, others to check on the actual employee (sponsor). 

I've never heard of anything bad come from one of these visits, it's usually more positive (they come visit, everything checks out and the application is processed within the next few days). 

As long as everything is above board and details are correct (from both employer and employee) you shouldn't have any issues! 

Good luck, hopefully you hear something soon! 

Thank you for your info!! appreciate that. 

I was literally waiting for my day like everyone else but as you can see my case was a bit different, I am little worries but can't do much. I will have to wait for my turn.

Good luck with yours, all the best. 

10 hours ago, yeppuda said:

Are we allowed to import application in immi account if you have an agent? 

My agent told me that this is not advisable until there's a visa outcome. Thanks!

Yes. We did. Had our visa granted in 60 days. Makes no difference whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, mallan82450 said:

Yes. We did. Had our visa granted in 60 days. Makes no difference whatsoever.

My agent asked for new police check around november 2020 because my last police check was expired. But when I checked in my immi account couple of days ago, the last updated date seems to be around may 2020 which was for my health check up. I asked my agent was the new police check submitted to immi, they say yes. I mentioned them last updated date hasnt changed when i checked my immi account. They advised me not to login because immigration checks the login status as well and my application may have problem. 

Shouldn't last updated date change when they submit my new police check?

Is it true immi checks my logins and my application might have issue?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, rabi8463 said:

My agent asked for new police check around november 2020 because my last police check was expired. But when I checked in my immi account couple of days ago, the last updated date seems to be around may 2020 which was for my health check up. I asked my agent was the new police check submitted to immi, they say yes. I mentioned them last updated date hasnt changed when i checked my immi account. They advised me not to login because immigration checks the login status as well and my application may have problem. 

Thanks.

Nope. The last updated date is not the date you submitted documents, if you really want to check the date, you need to go to documents, and expand it, you will find the date.  

also, I don’t think your application will have any issue unless you delete or upload something that agent didn’t know it. 

Edited by Haze528

23 hours ago, rabi8463 said:

Thanks.

@rabi8463 Your agent is lying to you. I really don't get why agents do that. "Don't import your application" - that way you completely reliant on them. I found 2 issues my agent had made and because I was monitoring my application (I'd suggest don't change anything if you're using an agent), I was able to tell them. They weren't impressed but realized the mistake and fixed it before CO got to it.

Import it, there's nothing wrong with that - it's your application. I do however, suggest - do not change or update anything. I typically got my agent to do that (if there was anything). 

Hi All! Hope all is doing good on a Friday. 

Just a quick question, I tried reading from page 1, but after page 30, I kinda got lost on this very long and helpful thread. 🙂

My company has offered to help out in providing a 186 DE, and they want to do it with an agent. Thing is, the cost is a bit huge for me so I am thinking if I can DIY.

Please help to point me in the right direction so I can get the necessary paper works completed to get it rolling. 

All the best!

2 hours ago, Hex said:

@rabi8463 Your agent is lying to you. I really don't get why agents do that. "Don't import your application" - that way you completely reliant on them. I found 2 issues my agent had made and because I was monitoring my application (I'd suggest don't change anything if you're using an agent), I was able to tell them. They weren't impressed but realized the mistake and fixed it before CO got to it.

Import it, there's nothing wrong with that - it's your application. I do however, suggest - do not change or update anything. I typically got my agent to do that (if there was anything). 

Exactly the same, we imported and I found an error immediately that would have caused serious delays. Thankfully it was rectified that day and no delays incurred. Good advice, Hex. 

19 minutes ago, baiken said:

Hi All! Hope all is doing good on a Friday. 

Just a quick question, I tried reading from page 1, but after page 30, I kinda got lost on this very long and helpful thread. 🙂

My company has offered to help out in providing a 186 DE, and they want to do it with an agent. Thing is, the cost is a bit huge for me so I am thinking if I can DIY.

Please help to point me in the right direction so I can get the necessary paper works completed to get it rolling. 

All the best!

Controversial question but in my opinion always hire an expert but some would disagree. 

I have imported our application but my agent hasn't uploaded our de facto. Would this cause any delay? Our current status is Received. 

I know someone who has the same situation but her de facto documents have been uploaded and after 1 day, her visa was approved. 

From our end, our company would not sponsor us unless it is via agent. 

1 hour ago, yeppuda said:

I have imported our application but my agent hasn't uploaded our de facto. Would this cause any delay? Our current status is Received. 

I know someone who has the same situation but her de facto documents have been uploaded and after 1 day, her visa was approved. 

From our end, our company would not sponsor us unless it is via agent. 

Have checked with your agent? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone 🙋‍♂️ 

Has anyone been waiting for DE 15 months or longer? 
I get that waiting times are long, but I feel this is exceptionally long for Direct Entry.

also nomination has not been approved yet.

I have made 2 complaints which was passed on to the Relevant Business Area.

I haven’t heard anything since!

no requests for further documents since the day I lodged!

4 minutes ago, 186 DE said:

Hi everyone 🙋‍♂️ 

Has anyone been waiting for DE 15 months or longer? 
I get that waiting times are long, but I feel this is exceptionally long for Direct Entry.

also nomination has not been approved yet.

I have made 2 complaints which was passed on to the Relevant Business Area.

I haven’t heard anything since!

no requests for further documents since the day I lodged!

Hi

I think for DE -15 months is too long, coz many of the recent approvals are quick or with in time frame . 
I am on TRT 23 months waiting. Have given feedback to dept and got the same reply as you got. 
really don’t know what step to take. Asked my agent he says some case take long. He don’t know the reason. Had a hope that before this financial year something will happen . Now that also end. 

11 minutes ago, Hopeforever said:

Hi

I think for DE -15 months is too long, coz many of the recent approvals are quick or with in time frame . 
I am on TRT 23 months waiting. Have given feedback to dept and got the same reply as you got. 
really don’t know what step to take. Asked my agent he says some case take long. He don’t know the reason. Had a hope that before this financial year something will happen . Now that also end. 

I never imagined it would take this long! 
I’m  questioning everything now.

is it the business? Is it my visa application? Is it because I’m in victoria? 
is it my occupation? (Chef).

I don’t know what to do either! It’s so depressing 

I see many people make a complain and got a direct grant. Iv complained twice and got nothing 😞 

6 minutes ago, 186 DE said:

I never imagined it would take this long! 
I’m  questioning everything now.

is it the business? Is it my visa application? Is it because I’m in victoria? 
is it my occupation? (Chef).

I don’t know what to do either! It’s so depressing 

I see many people make a complain and got a direct grant. Iv complained twice and got nothing 😞 

😄😄😄. We are exactly in same boat . Only difference is you are in DE me in TRT. 
however one of the cook in our company got PR last week. though his experience is much lesser than me.