19 hours ago, AmberD. said:

hi, I applied onshore in 2020, but I went back to my country in Jan 2021 due to a family issue..so not sure if i should category as offshore...

I got my sponsorship approved in Apr 2021, and they ask further information for my Visa. I updated in Apr as well.

nothing happened after.

hope it helps.

@AmberD. I'm curious, have / did you tell Immigration that you are no longer onshore? If so, it's likely your status would have been updated. 

Also, if you haven't told them and they find out after the fact, there might be a few issues.

22 hours ago, AmberD. said:

hi, I applied onshore in 2020, but I went back to my country in Jan 2021 due to a family issue..so not sure if i should category as offshore...

You cannot switch from onshore to offshore.  Were you on a bridging visa before you left the country and if so, did you apply for a BVB before you left Australia?  If you didn't, your visa application could be cancelled.

4 hours ago, Hex said:

@AmberD. I'm curious, have / did you tell Immigration that you are no longer onshore? If so, it's likely your status would have been updated. 

Also, if you haven't told them and they find out after the fact, there might be a few issues.

yes, I did~ I also applied for Bridging B for 6 months, but they give me 1 year .........

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

You cannot switch from onshore to offshore.  Were you on a bridging visa before you left the country and if so, did you apply for a BVB before you left Australia?  If you didn't, your visa application could be cancelled.

yes, I did ..hopefully, I can come back before BVB expired.....

We had our 186 visa granted last week. It was a PMSOL occupation. Hopefully, some of you waiting are in the new 22 occupations recently added to the PMSOL list:

Visa: 186 - Employee Sponsored - Direct Entry (onshore throughout, with a 482 TSS visa in place from the same sponsor)

• Occupation - Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) - PMSOL
  • Applicants: 2 - including de facto partner, both UK citizens
  • State: NSW

Timeline:

• Skills Assessment submitted: 25/01/2021
  • Skills Assessment: Non-certified docs requested: 5/3/21 (re-sent 8/3/21)
  • Skills Assessment Approved: 12/3/21
  • Employee Labour Market Testing complete: 30/3/2021
  • Employer Nomination Submitted: 22/4/21
  • Visa application submitted: 17/5/21
  • Medicals requested 17/5/21 (5 hours after visa submission)
  • Medical attended: 5/6/21 
  • Medicals finialised: 9/6/21 (I also manually updated Immi to say info requested had been provided)
  • Visa Granted: 17/6/21

After the employer nomination was submitted I had chosen to wait a few weeks before submitting the visa, in case there were any issues with the nomination. I submitted the visa 3.5 weeks later after finalising some de facto evidence, anyway; we'd heard nothing but they were a large employer who had sponsored many nurses. I never did hear anything about the nomination being approved, so I presume it was approved at the same time the visa was granted. I did not use a migration agent, who I'm sure would have advised further on whether or not we needed to wait.

Our de-facto evidence was very comprehensive but we have been in a relationship for 7+ years.

------

A few lessons learned/tips (note: I am not a migration agent):

- Do your skills assessment as soon as possible. It's wasn't too difficult to get the ball rolling on this and we could have approached it earlier. Don't send certified documents, just colour scans. Also, we didn't need to do IELTs. This would have made it much more time-consuming and all the more reason to start early.

- Don't underestimate how long your sponsor needs to secure internal funding and go through their processes before submitting the nomination (plus factor in labour market testing timescales)

- Register your relationship with the state if you're onshore and need de facto evidence. This took almost 6 weeks to process but I'd forgot about it as an option until a week before I submitted the visa. It's not essential but would have saved effort on the de-facto evidence, which was the most laborious part of the application.

- Start drafting your visa application on immi as soon as your sponsor gives you a TRN (when they submit their nomination). It takes time and you can save your progress.

- You can upload your visa evidence/files before you submit and pay (I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case for my 482). If you're uploading de facto evidence, check out the file categories available in Immi and take some time to map out how you are going to categorise your file uploads.

- Bupa Medical appointments in Sydney are in very short supply due to COVID restrictions. If you see one, grab it immediately (I saw a whole day of appointments go in a few minutes). We were lucky to find an appointment within 4 weeks of the s56 and even then we had to travel out to Parramatta. 

Good luck everyone

Edited by GeeBee
  • Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

I think it’s clear at this point that the biggest determining factor for the processing time is weather an applicant is applying onshore or offshore.

Seems like offshore applications are barely been processed at all regardless of whether or not they are in the PMSOL.

• Like 1

hi all

Got my PR granted yesterday.

Timeline below

occupation - Accountant (General)

VIC, onshore (2 applicants at time of lodgment and had a baby born in February 2021).

Nomination lodged - 30 October 2020

Visa application lodged - 9 November 2020 (medical and PCC provided on same date)

Baby born - 18 February 2021, passport and birth certificate provided - 20 March 2020

Nomination approved - 29 April 2021

Requests for medical for baby - 25 May 2021

Visa grant - 25 June 2021

Thank you to everyone who has shared their experience and wisdom to guide me through this process and good luck to everyone else. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

4 hours ago, dhillon1 said:

Hi everyone,

Any visa grants for CHEFS 186DE  or any updates since chef is in PMSOL.! 
waiting since jan 2021 status is still received.!

I have been waiting onshore 186 DE as Chef for 15 months lol still received and no contact 👍

1 hour ago, ElenaS said:

Hi @Sanket723, congrats on your visa! Our baby was also born in feb 2021. How did you go with the medicals for your baby? Did you go to BUPA Medical centre or just attached a letter from a GP?

hi Elena, firstly congratulations and hope you're coping well with the newborn. Just a letter from the GP was sufficient, i checked with BUPA and they said they don't actually do medical assessments for babies under 6  months so that's not even an option. Hope this helps !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluejazz said:

Hi guys, any updates? The wait is making me so anxious. Waiting since Jan 2020. Is there anything at all we can do? I have already submitted the complaints a few times. 

I have also made 3 complaints, been waiting 15 months onshore, now on the PMSOL list and still nothing! Nomination still not approved, status Received 

Hi all - pretty sure no one will have a specific answer for this but thought I might ask anyway. I submitted my visa a couple of days ago and was pretty much immediately requested to attend a medical health check with BUPA. I went onto the BUPA website and the earliest date I could get was almost 2 months out (23 August 2021) so I took it but am wondering if there is any chance that I might be able to bring this forward and if anyone else in a similar position has had much luck trying to do this? On their website BUPA has said that they won't entertain any such requests. Also, I was under the impression that you are only requested to perform a health check after your application has been assessed but mine seems to have been requested immediately? Any idea why this is or have I misunderstood when a health examination is required?

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Redemption said:

Hi all - pretty sure no one will have a specific answer for this but thought I might ask anyway. I submitted my visa a couple of days ago and was pretty much immediately requested to attend a medical health check with BUPA. I went onto the BUPA website and the earliest date I could get was almost 2 months out (23 August 2021) so I took it but am wondering if there is any chance that I might be able to bring this forward and if anyone else in a similar position has had much luck trying to do this? On their website BUPA has said that they won't entertain any such requests. Also, I was under the impression that you are only requested to perform a health check after your application has been assessed but mine seems to have been requested immediately? Any idea why this is or have I misunderstood when a health examination is required?

Thanks. 

For the 186 visa, the request for a medical is automatically triggered when you submit your application not when your visa has been assessed. On submission you are provided with a HAPID that allows you to book medicals. I could be wrong but your application will not have been looked at this stage unfortunately (unless perhaps you are PMSOL). 

Medical examination appointments are notorious for having long waiting times before they are available and this is a common question on this forum. There is nothing you can do to bring it forward other that spending time refreshing their website and hoping for cancellations in the location of your choice. We avoided this by booking an appointment in Canberra (we live in Sydney) and made a weekend of it there, that way we got an appointment a week after we were provided with our HAPID for medicals. Probably not so easy done at the moment with lock downs and restrictions.

Hi there, 

The forum has been quiet recently, was wondering if anyone knows if the current lockdowns effect the visa processing or they go business as usual?

Also, are there any carpenters or other trades out there with any updates recently ? 

On 01/07/2021 at 21:02, LaurenUK said:

Hi there, 

The forum has been quiet recently, was wondering if anyone knows if the current lockdowns effect the visa processing or they go business as usual?

Also, are there any carpenters or other trades out there with any updates recently ? 

Hi there 

My nomination was approved on 30th June 2021 and saw a few more people get their grants around that time. So pretty sure some of the posts are operational. 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2021 at 09:53, mallan82450 said:

For the 186 visa, the request for a medical is automatically triggered when you submit your application not when your visa has been assessed. On submission you are provided with a HAPID that allows you to book medicals. I could be wrong but your application will not have been looked at this stage unfortunately (unless perhaps you are PMSOL). 

Medical examination appointments are notorious for having long waiting times before they are available and this is a common question on this forum. There is nothing you can do to bring it forward other that spending time refreshing their website and hoping for cancellations in the location of your choice. We avoided this by booking an appointment in Canberra (we live in Sydney) and made a weekend of it there, that way we got an appointment a week after we were provided with our HAPID for medicals. Probably not so easy done at the moment with lock downs and restrictions.

Thanks for the advise. I had BUPA up on a separate screen at work and spent about an hour intermittently refreshing the site last Friday and got lucky with a slot on the same day at 4.45PM so booked it as soon as I saw that it was available. 

Fortunately, I am on the PMSOL but am not too fussed to be honest. Before Christmas would be nice and anything before that a massive bonus. If it drags on, it drags on - there really is nothing I can do at this time apart from exercise patience. 

Edited by Redemption

Hi guys,

Fairly generic question - in your experience, after receiving an s56 request for fairly straightforward documents like international PCC and medicals (assuming you don't have an adverse criminal background or health conditions), what are the chances of your 186 DE being refused? For example, in my case, I had applied for my 186 (DE - Developer Programmer), my nomination was approved in 1 week and on the same day, I received a request for, Indian PCC and health examination. Both have been completed (PCC uploaded and health section shows no action required) and now the status shows Further Assessment. So my question is - is it possible that the CO might turn around and ask for more information like work experience, etc. not relevant to the previous request or am I correct in assuming my application will likely be approved at some point in the near future?

2 minutes ago, leadtojrs said:

Hi guys,

Fairly generic question - in your experience, after receiving an s56 request for fairly straightforward documents like international PCC and medicals (assuming you don't have an adverse criminal background or health conditions), what are the chances of your 186 DE being refused? For example, in my case, I had applied for my 186 (DE - Developer Programmer), my nomination was approved in 1 week and on the same day, I received a request for, Indian PCC and health examination. Both have been completed (PCC uploaded and health section shows no action required) and now the status shows Further Assessment. So my question is - is it possible that the CO might turn around and ask for more information like work experience, etc. not relevant to the previous request or am I correct in assuming my application will likely be approved at some point in the near future?

Absolutely 100% they can ask for further information. Nothing is ever certain until you have that grant in your hand.