17 minutes ago, LLL said:

I still believe Mar 2017 is a typo.....they don’t even realize now it’s Mar 2018 already.....it’s insane. BTW, I am same occupation as you, applied May 1st, no update yet. 

I really don' think it is based on previous stated processing times. In 5 years I've never seen apps and processing on the same month! Most that are getting approved now seem to be from other processing centers that are not nsw pese

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

I think those in may/June will be around 12 -15 months. Just my honest guess.

A friend of mine got hers a few months ago and it was 14 months, project admin, trt, 1 person low risk...

14 months PRoj Admin? OMG Im still 11th month

3 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Hi Vince,

I went through my documents today and cannot find an expiry date?

Can you please advise the validity period in which applies to each document?

Hi Bellabonkers,

- Skills assessment - you will need to check with your regulator as they will tell you how long your SA last for. For example, I m doing my SAs with CPA and on their website they said it will only be valid for 3 years. You can also find this on the Immi website under their document check list. According to the Immi, they said the SAs only valid till the expiry date or for 3 years period, whichever occurs earlier.

- IELTS - generally last for 3 years for migration purposes but only need to be valid at the time of lodgement. If you lodge your visa application and this expires then it is still okay.

- Police Check only valid for 12 months, same as Health Check.

• Like 1

I have had experience with different MAs over my time in AU whilst on different Visas.

I do believe they make a difference to processing times. 

I'm not sure if the department will always favour more reputable agents - but in my experience it seems like that is the case.

For example - 457 with a small agency in Sydney - took 6 months to come through. 

I then had another 457 with EY (Ernst Young) - back within 3 weeks.

Just my observations based on my personal experience.

22 minutes ago, Fida said:

was he proj admin?

Nope, I think his occupation os draftsman.

Mine is mechanic got case office December 7, requested further docs twice January was the latest. We both lodged June 2017. I think we just got delays because our nomination was just approved Feb 2018. Fingers crossed our visa next. Completing the 9 months processing soonest:) 

14 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

I'm not sure if the department will always favour more reputable agents - but in my experience it seems like that is the case.

I think it's inevitable that it does make a difference.   Let's face it, if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you do the same?

You're ploughing through hundreds of applications, a lot of which will have mistakes and hiccups in them.  It's nearly time to go home and you've got a pile of applications on your desk. One of them bears the name of a good agent, one whom you know always does a great job.  You could pick up the next application in the queue, but you might get bogged down and miss your train - or you could pick up the one from that agent, which you can process quickly and get home in time for dinner.  

That's one aspect. The other is that when we know a document is from a source we already trust, we're more likely to take it at face value. That's human nature.  So they're less likely to query information on an application from a trusted agent, so they get processed quicker.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I think it's inevitable that it does make a difference.   Let's face it, if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you do the same?

You're ploughing through hundreds of applications, a lot of which will have mistakes and hiccups in them.  It's nearly time to go home and you've got a pile of applications on your desk. One of them bears the name of a good agent, one whom you know always does a great job.  You could pick up the next application in the queue, but you might get bogged down and miss your train - or you could pick up the one from that agent, which you can process quickly and get home in time for dinner.  

That's one aspect. The other is that if you know a document is from a source you already trust, you're more likely to take it at face value. That's human nature.  So they're less likely to query information on an application from a trusted agent, so they get processed quicker.

That's just your opinion though right? It's not a fact?

I can see the logic to be fair but perhaps its taken into account along with low risk occupations and major, approved sponsors. Seems a bit unfair if it was as black and white as you have suggested above but again, only conjecture.

25 minutes ago, Vince Tran said:

Hi Bellabonkers,

- Skills assessment - you will need to check with your regulator as they will tell you how long your SA last for. For example, I m doing my SAs with CPA and on their website they said it will only be valid for 3 years. You can also find this on the Immi website under their document check list. According to the Immi, they said the SAs only valid till the expiry date or for 3 years period, whichever occurs earlier.

- IELTS - generally last for 3 years for migration purposes but only need to be valid at the time of lodgement. If you lodge your visa application and this expires then it is still okay.

- Police Check only valid for 12 months, same as Health Check.

THANKS SO MUCH

3 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

I can see the logic to be fair but perhaps its taken into account along with low risk occupations and major, approved sponsors. Seems a bit unfair if it was as black and white as you have suggested above but again, only conjecture.

I think it is just a personal opinion because I know some of my friends applied without MA and they got their PR approved on time and without any issue..

20 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Yes, only conjecture - and I'm absolutely sure that it's not supposed to work like that.  It certainly wouldn't be official policy, and anyone caught doing it would be ticked off. 

I'm just saying that you're dealing with human beings, not automatons, and they're going to behave like human beings.  After 30 years of supervising office workers, it's the kind of behaviour I've seen time and time again, so I doubt department officials would be any different.

However it's not going to be noticeable to the outside world unless the department is snowed under, that's when people start making those kind of choices.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, only conjecture - and I'm absolutely sure that it's not supposed to work like that.  It certainly wouldn't be official policy, and anyone caught doing it would be ticked off. 

I'm just saying that you're dealing with human beings, not automatons, and they're going to behave like human beings.  After 30 years of supervising office workers, it's the kind of behaviour I've seen time and time again, so I doubt department officials would be any different.

However it's not going to be noticeable to the outside world unless the department is snowed under, that's when people start making those kind of choices.

You've said it all. I was wondering myself the same thing, including if the employer could make any difference. Mine is not a huge sponsor but they've had at least 4 PR's granted in the last 12 months and the latest one took only 5 months.

Processing status update:

ENS (subclass 186)

applications lodged from June 2016 to March 2017

RSMS (subclass 187)

this is latest update I got from immigration . I applied in may 2017 .. feels bad to know I am not even in that pool from where they going to process applications .. I hope they finish old batch soon and move forward .. 

one more thing they said they disable d phone enquirers from 23 March 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, boo-yaa said:

I have had experience with different MAs over my time in AU whilst on different Visas.

I do believe they make a difference to processing times. 

For example - 457 with a small agency in Sydney - took 6 months to come through. 

I then had another 457 with EY (Ernst Young) - back within 3 weeks.

Just my observations based on my personal experience.

I think you may have a valid point there ???

22 minutes ago, Waris said:

Processing status update:

ENS (subclass 186)

RSMS (subclass 187)

this is latest update I got from immigration . I applied in may 2017 .. feels bad to know I am not even in that pool from where they going to process applications .. I hope they finish old batch soon and move forward .. 

one more thing they said they disable d phone enquirers from 23 March 

I applied in Sept 2017, if it goes like this, hopefully i will be in the next batch for April to Oct 2017