eu referendum update

bunbury61

maybe if the uk paid a decent wage then all the doctors and nurses would come back to the NHS. Went to hospital in Perth and every person from the receptionist to the doctor was british

Linda had to go to hospital in Brisbane last week, first Dr -Indian, second more senior Dr - Indian, blood nurse - Chinese/Asian, Surgeon - Indian, surgeon assistants - one Chinese/Asian the other Australian. Whilst on a ward we had one English Dr (from Batley) and one English nurse (from Anglesey), so not unlike the NHS hey?

Leaving Europe doesn't mean leaving NATO

You can put your hand on your heart and say Putin won't exploit this as far as he can?

NATO requires a strong UK hand. A brexit will weaken that, and the appeasers within NATO will have the upper hand.

You can't say there is no politics within NATO , and this will shift the political balance.

Mark my words, NATO will still be chatting while the tanks from Russia's humanitarian aid roll over the Ukraine.

Edited by newjez

The crisis in public services is because of a political doctrinaire policy of the Conservative govt to cut public services just when the bulge of the oldest population in history is hitting those services so the UK now spends the least of the whole of western Europe on those services.

If you go into hospital you find them full of old people who are repeat visitors with multiple ailments not full of immigrants, OAP care homes cannot make the figures stack up on what the govt pays, libraries are closing because of lack of funding, hospitals no longer employ gardeners and rely on volunteers, low, controlled rent housing has almost disappeared because of lack of funding and restrictions on Councils building, why is there a shortage of doctors because the govt is not funding the training places, preferring to recruit overseas doctors whose training they do not pay for, but that supply is drying up, nurses no longer get subsidised training, are any of these problems caused by immigrants , no, they are Conservative policy which they do not intend to change.

Employers are actively recruiting overseas for cheap Labour, has the Conservative govt even tried to prevent that, which they could if they wanted, no they and their business supporters are very happy with.

Are the Brexiters ready to lose all those EU doctors and nurses.

Why do you think all of these Polish builders are here , because our construction firms have limited their training preferring to rely on EU workers who do not join unions and who do you think are amongst the biggest contributors to the Conservative party , why the big construction firms.

Immigration will have to be debated and Europe wide policies worked out but thinking that the Conservatives will achieve this is la la land thinking, they are creating many of the problems themselves and then hiding their involvement by blaming immigration

This. Millions of turkeys voting for Christmas. Working class voters convinced that their problems will go away if we stop all the dreadful layabouts entering the country. People thinking that even if we did vote out and get 'our money back' that the Government would spend it in a sensible and democratic manner instead of pushing it to the rich. It's so depressing.

maybe if the uk paid a decent wage then all the doctors and nurses would come back to the NHS. Went to hospital in Perth and every person from the receptionist to the doctor was british

I don't think it's just the pay it's about the appalling quality of the management, decision making, quality of buildings and lack of sufficient equipment, since they made hospitals self governing entities in line with Tory thinking about "local democracy" and cutting out bureaucrats there has been an exponential growth in local worthies being on Boards and a proliferation in self interested management manipulating the system to their own benefit and sod the NHS and the brighter doctors and nurses have smelt that and have left, so increasingly the NHS is being staffed by people with lesser options, so we have a downward spiral of despair and disillusionment.

I don't think it's just the pay it's about the appalling quality of the management, decision making, quality of buildings and lack of sufficient equipment, since they made hospitals self governing entities in line with Tory thinking about "local democracy" and cutting out bureaucrats there has been an exponential growth in local worthies being on Boards and a proliferation in self interested management manipulating the system to their own benefit and sod the NHS and the brighter doctors and nurses have smelt that and have left, so increasingly the NHS is being staffed by people with lesser options, so we have a downward spiral of despair and disillusionment.

I met a ping ponger doctor from Hackney who returned to the UK after 6 yrs here stating missing friends and family for his reason. He stuck it for just 9 months before returning back here and said words to the effect that as much as he misses them, he couldn't stand working in the NHS a moment longer.

Britain will in all likelihood become a far nastier country than even today. Just look to what that dreadful Boris Johnson fellow did to London. To whom and where his priorities lay. Selling out to developers rehousing the poor far out of London and furthering London as a centre for money laundering.

That UKIP bloke of course is on record of supporting the privatising of NHS. Nothing for ordinary Brit's. AS for immigration. most is from non EU anyway. 1.3 million Brit's living in Europe for one reason or another will no doubt be on baited breath awaiting the decision of their countrymen.

I met a ping ponger doctor from Hackney who returned to the UK after 6 yrs here stating missing friends and family for his reason. He stuck it for just 9 months before returning back here and said words to the effect that as much as he misses them, he couldn't stand working in the NHS a moment longer.

Why do you think that? Answer the way it has been allowed to run down. Stuff it up enough and the punters will beg for privatisation or the hope goes.

Just keep your eye on the Aussie system that the same rot doesn't creep in as the conservative side of politics at least would desire.

The thing I object to is the quality of the reporting, people's search activity is no indicator of their voting intention, these c*ap newspapers just have one agenda only, to get the UK out of Europe without any consideration of what lies or innuendos it takes, they have consistently sought to exploit prejudices and ignorance.

Mark my words, NATO will still be chatting while the tanks from Russia's humanitarian aid roll over the Ukraine.

At least Russia still gives humanitarian aid - they've taken in over 1 million refugees from Ukraine. Look at how the rest of Europe reacts to refugees.

The thing I object to is the quality of the reporting, people's search activity is no indicator of their voting intention, these c*ap newspapers just have one agenda only, to get the UK out of Europe without any consideration of what lies or innuendos it takes, they have consistently sought to exploit prejudices and ignorance.

Great quotes from the most disgusting right wing publications in the UK (referring to the previous links which you then quoted :/ )

Read the sun by mistake today. Waiting to get my tyres changed. Old Rupert wants us to leave pretty badly. Can't think of a better reason to stay.

Actually I'm a bit pissed off. I would like to leave, but the likes of gove, Boris and IDS have given us no idea what we are voting for. If they had agreed a Norway type solution at least we'd have had half a chance at understanding the implications of an exit.

So we're stuck with Europe. A lost opportunity for reform. Well, maybe the other referendums will achieve something. Ours seems to have been a divisive waste of time.

So we're stuck with Europe. A lost opportunity for reform

A direct quote from Juncker.

"We have concluded a deal with the prime minister, he got the maximum he could receive, we gave the maximum we could give."

There's no lost opportunity here. He go as much as he could get, virtually nothing.

If we stay in the EU we will regret it.

Read the sun by mistake today. Waiting to get my tyres changed. Old Rupert wants us to leave pretty badly. Can't think of a better reason to stay.

Actually I'm a bit pissed off. I would like to leave, but the likes of gove, Boris and IDS have given us no idea what we are voting for. If they had agreed a Norway type solution at least we'd have had half a chance at understanding the implications of an exit.

So we're stuck with Europe. A lost opportunity for reform. Well, maybe the other referendums will achieve something. Ours seems to have been a divisive waste of time.

Are people aware that Germany has a law against referendums because the Nazis used them to establish their supremacy in the 1930's using similar tactics that have been used here in the UK