My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will never be so awful that you'd need to leave! It'll be fine, it's a 1st world country, you'll be surrounded by English speakers and UK people (owners are English) you'll have something in common with other staff (backpackers). You'll get free food and lodging AND a wage AND an experience! The only thing that will ruin it is your attitude to it. Stop whinging or I'll tell everyone what your new name is;)

Edited by HappyHeart

It will never be so awful that you'd need to leave! It'll be fine, it's a 1st world country, you'll be surrounded by English speakers and UK people (owners are English) you'll have something in common with other staff (backpackers). You'll get free food and lodging AND a wage AND an experience! The only thing that will ruin it is your attitude to it. Stop whinging or I'll tell everyone what your new name is;)

Owners are English and other backpackers working there? Sounds ideal to me for a few weeks/months Stacey. Just enjoy yourself.

No they aren't English, people are getting mixed up with the northam place. They are Aussie, there's one other backpacker but not sure where they are from

Oh well ............... I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't forget to get some Aerogard for those pesky flies :cool: I noticed a few buzzing around when I was out on my walk this morning- they're not so bad here though.

Yeah Stacey, you've been plAnning this trip for a very long time. You need to try and enjoy it! To be fair there has been a wee bit of whinging, and as a lovely Jock I'm sure you don't want to be called a whinging Pom!relax and try and destress! Xxx

Nothing extraordinary about having certain reservations. I think she can call it how she see's it, without fear of the whinging label.

Stacey will be the first to admit that those of us who have special access to Staceys world (via FB msgs) have been 'exposed' to more whinging (stress) than in the thread! She'll also tell you what wonderful advice and tough love, Aunty Ali, HH and Lady R give....and how she is eternally grateful that we stop what we're doing to tend to her needs....won't you Stacey! Lol. No seriously we want her to have an awesome time, to let her guard down and to embrace this wonderful opportunity because we wish we'd had the opportunity to do it ourselves (well I do) and we see ourselves as Mum/Big Sister/Trusted friend role. We just care about her!

Aww you guys will make me cry haha. Yes I like complaining about stuff lol its just my thing but I'm working on it! I've had a much harder few weeks here than I expected to have.

Well tonight was mixed. Most people were really nice and friendly then one old guy ranted at me because I was supposed to know he wanted another drink. I wanted to chuck it over him.

I'm really uncomfortable with the drink driving culture too but I suppose I should have known that. I'm also convinced I'm going to wake up to a spider on me haha

Aww you guys will make me cry haha. Yes I like complaining about stuff lol its just my thing but I'm working on it! I've had a much harder few weeks here than I expected to have.

Well tonight was mixed. Most people were really nice and friendly then one old guy ranted at me because I was supposed to know he wanted another drink. I wanted to chuck it over him.

I'm really uncomfortable with the drink driving culture too but I suppose I should have known that. I'm also convinced I'm going to wake up to a spider on me haha

You're just passing through, imagine you're an anthropologist and observe the differences in culture but try not to judge them, if you went out to the Scottish islands you'd probably find the same anyway!

I think every bar has an old bloke like that! That's MR2 in his local :)

l like the fact Stacey tells us how she sees things ... no different to how she did in the UK ... " talking to friends " ... she has guts and I admire her ... Good Luck in you new job ... and I am looking forward to hearing how you find life where ever you are ...

Especially if she finds a gentleman farmer, hey ;)