My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed anyway! Our dates don't match up exactly because he's wanting to leave Darwin a bit earlier but I said I'd meet him somewhere on the east coast even if we don't start the whole thing together.

Everybody in my Sydney group are doing it the now, I'm really jealous of their pictures

Fingers crossed anyway! Our dates don't match up exactly because he's wanting to leave Darwin a bit earlier but I said I'd meet him somewhere on the east coast even if we don't start the whole thing together.

Everybody in my Sydney group are doing it the now, I'm really jealous of their pictures

When they have run out of money, can't get jobs and have to go home they'll be jealous of you :)

My daughter hired a car with a rooftop tent from Wicked Campers for a roadtrip here - said it was really great, and off the ground away from snakes/spiders too, which is always a plus. Glad to hear you're settling into the job, must be great to have a while where you're not packing up and moving every few days. Enjoy it and give as good as you get to the rowdy locals!

Yeah he's got one of those big cars, not a 4x4 but it looks bigger than a normal car. So he's debating wether to get a roof top tent for that or buy some dort of van thing with a bed in it. I'll leave it to him since I probably won't be able to join him right from the start unless I leave this job a bit early.

I've never been camping before but should be more interesting than a hostel. Apparently the campsites you pay for tend to be really good

What having the sister of a Queer bloke working at the local. That'll set of the tongues and rumour mongers in such an isolated corner of Empire, wagging for months. Not a lot to talk about in them parts. Any tit bit welcome among some of the 'bushies'.

Oh well, the alternative would have been to stay in Sydney work in a gay bar and make fun of red-necks.

Poles apart.

Im definitely not pretending I have a gay brother, they would probably shoot me!

There was a UK program on about people with mental health issues and the guy I don't like said he would tie the noose for him. Disgusting. I'm going to have no tongue left from biting it.

I guess he was trying to sound helpful?? Some people relate better to cattle than to human beings. Or relate to human beings as if to cattle! They only know how to follow the herd.

Just tell him that unbeknownst to him they don't actually lynch gays anymore. But in that thinking his views actually have more in common with islamic sharia law!

Edited by speakeasy

Oh well, the alternative would have been to stay in Sydney work in a gay bar and make fun of red-necks.

Poles apart.

Although red necks/ockers what ever the latest jargon they go by are so darn easy to make fun off. I suspect Sydney Gays wouldn't give much thought to their supposed 'opposite' in kind though. Just amazing the Hill Billies in those country pubs would appear to do.

Pub sounds like possibly in KO to me.

Oh I'll just leave them all to it. The only time I'll say anything is if he speaks to me like crap one more time. I need this job but I'll only take so much off a old alcoholic knobhead

Just let slip, Butch, your mean assed girlfriend, will be visiting you over the weekend, riding down on her Harley. Inform him any crap on your gender preferences, will likely see his little used part mutilated after being put through a wringer, once the rest of him resembles pulp.

Stacey have you had a word with your boss about this chap.... it might be that he has a warped sense of humour and this is his way of winding you up and getting enjoyment. If so don't play into his hands and just grin at him whilst telling him he is an old sod, but lovely with it. You know you don't mean it, but said with a smile and a twinkle in your eye, he won't have any idea and might back off. Then of course he might be the town misery guts, in which case the problem is all his and nothing to do with you! I did say would meet some interesting characters didn't I?!