My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extraordinary?Are you serious Flag?lol Nothing special happening that way in my neck of the woods hon.I know two people in Oz,with partners,one 12 yrs younger,the other 8!(The rest are in the UK)You need to get with the times!:laugh:Whats the difference anyway of say an older guy going for a younger woman?

Awww hon!:hug:Sometimes you're the dog?Sometimes you're the lamppost!lol Don't dwell on those mistakes hon.We all make em!Re focus on whats gone right and you'll feel much better! Yep expect to feel that homesickness.Acknowledge it,feel it,and know its only natural.I hope tomorrow will be a much better day for you!xxx

Extraordinary?Are you serious Flag?lol Nothing special happening that way in my neck of the woods hon.I know two people in Oz,with partners,one 12 yrs younger,the other 8!(The rest are in the UK)You need to get with the times!:laugh:Whats the difference anyway of say an older guy going for a younger woman?

I know this is way O/T but times are changing, women are far less dependent on men financially and typically (& lots of exceptions!) women look after their appearance and health much more than men do. In the past old, balding men with a beer gut attracted pretty young women with their wealth now that pretty young women is as likely to be a lawyer or a stock broker as her male counterpart.

Attractive older women (in our prime as my boss is fond of saying) with a strong sense of self worth are very appealing to younger men - no drama and sexually experienced and confident. Most people think I'm 10 years younger than I am and I reckon I'd have no problem bagging a bloke in his 40's or even late 30's at a push if I wanted - there are very few men in their 50's and 60's I find attractive.

Of course I am not looking so other factors like are they an interesting and kind person which would matter if I was actually looking for a partner aren't being considered.

OK I think there could be a rumour that I'm looking for a farmer or something. A guy around my age came over and introduced himself and said you're the new barmaid etc. Which was brave since I look more of a grumpy cow than usual. Then he just started randonly telling me his family used to own a farm and all this other farming stuff lol

I know this is way O/T but times are changing, women are far less dependent on men financially and typically (& lots of exceptions!) women look after their appearance and health much more than men do. In the past old, balding men with a beer gut attracted pretty young women with their wealth now that pretty young women is as likely to be a lawyer or a stock broker as her male counterpart.

Attractive older women (in our prime as my boss is fond of saying) with a strong sense of self worth are very appealing to younger men - no drama and sexually experienced and confident. Most people think I'm 10 years younger than I am and I reckon I'd have no problem bagging a bloke in his 40's or even late 30's at a push if I wanted - there are very few men in their 50's and 60's I find attractive.

Of course I am not looking so other factors like are they an interesting and kind person which would matter if I was actually looking for a partner aren't being considered.

Yes agree 100% on that score LR!

OK I think there could be a rumour that I'm looking for a farmer or something. A guy around my age came over and introduced himself and said you're the new barmaid etc. Which was brave since I look more of a grumpy cow than usual. Then he just started randonly telling me his family used to own a farm and all this other farming stuff lol

lol Was he your type?

As long as he looks good in white jocks.

Edited by speakeasy

I know the times very well. 12 years is not huge. I am in such a relation. The difference being guys while having their fun with 'older' women will generally look towards younger women. It feeds their ego and they believe keep them young. The cougar type woman (and I know one at the moment) can certainly load up on men ..but for the longer term? Anyway like I said unless 24, or something 12 years is not a huge difference. Still I would hazard far more male partners that much older than in reverse. Happy hunting anyways.

I know the times very well. 12 years is not huge. I am in such a relation. The difference being guys while having their fun with 'older' women will generally look towards younger women. It feeds their ego and they believe keep them young. The cougar type woman (and I know one at the moment) can certainly load up on men ..but for the longer term? Anyway like I said unless 24, or something 12 years is not a huge difference. Still I would hazard far more male partners that much older than in reverse. Happy hunting anyways.

Younger men can be very attracted to more mature ladies. As usual with age gaps in relationships it can have something to do with what each individual brings to the table. Maturity vs youth. Opposites attract and It has always been thus.

Nice to be catching up with the thread:smile:

Stacey, your doing great!!

Haha, at your age I had a mortgage, a toddler and a baby.

Not that I have any regrets, wouldn't change my life for a second. Had the most amazing times, travelled so far.

Sieze the moment though while you can. Always:yes:

Younger men can be very attracted to more mature ladies. As usual with age gaps in relationships it can have something to do with what each individual brings to the table. Maturity vs youth. Opposites attract and It has always been thus.

I'm well aware opposites attract . Race and cultural differences especially so. I'm not saying it is impossible and of course it happens. I do contend though young people are fickle, and their is very limited mileage to be had from a big age difference, especially if one is 'young' in years, opposed to 'older younger', where neither is particularly young, but one partner is a dozen years or so 'younger'.

I guess many of us would like to think we're got what it takes to be attractive to the opposite sex, indeed women of a 'certain age', may well go on a binge of sex and sleeping around after a divorce and in their fifties.

I have yet to see many form ongoing relationships with 'much younger' men though. I am living in 'conservative' Perth though, so fully aware small village England may well impose a different set of dynamics.

Im getting on with the guys aa lot more now too.I'm going to try crack the coldness of the old grumpy one lol. That other old guy that I said would be ideal for bottler said to me I was too young for him or else he would be round the counter to get me :laugh:

They are getting a skimpy in before the Irish guys leave. Dirty buggars