Jeremy Corbyn, thoughts?

Harpodom

But you being one of 'the little people', keep with regularity putting the boot into your own kind. The banksters and associated business and the top ten per cent , are well enough equipped in every shape and form to fight their corner. You do yourself a gross injustice I feel by doing their bidding for them.

Most with any shred of awareness will know full well where the worm in the ointment lies.

Exactly right. Do I hate reading about rich bankers, Govt ministers, directors of companies and their multi million dollar rorts? Of course. But I don't see them every day. What I see is people who look like me, who dont look sick or handicapped or unable to work, so why are they sitting by the station with their mobile phones, cigarettes and alcohol holding signs which say " homeless, jobless, please help," or I see them boozing in the park every day. Some of them ARE homeless and unable to work, but not all of them.

And again, why should I excuse little guys' rorts because big guys rort more?

In your world only the multiple million dollar robbers are guilty but the little crimes affect little people more. Someone breaking into your home hurts you even if they take nothing compared to the boss of BHP getting $5billion bonus which has no physical effect on you

Who are you leaving your assets to anyway? Bequest to the DSS to help fund the unemployed?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing worse than losing a post! Type in Word or Gmail so you can save it regularly, not that I follow my own advice.

I'm not anti welfare and I make regular use of the benefits when I can, eg Medicare, though I also pay for other services which I can't claim.

But there are people who COULD work, but choose not to. My psychologist advised me not to give in to my fears and anxieties about commuting and crowds, though there were times when I was scared to leave my home.

If I have paid my taxes, why shouldn't I be able to claim benefits when I am out of work? Some on PIO have defended rich and well paid MPs and ministers for taking what they are entitled to put of the system.

Why don't I play the same game? Spend all my assets here in Oz, and keep quiet about my income and assets in UK? What is a little white lie between me and Tony Burke?

How many times has he had to pay back the Dept of Finance for his rorts? I could do the same. Say I did not know my UK assets counted here. Just a little white lie. Difference is, I'd go to prison not just have to pay it back.

The disability pension scheme has been proved to be a rort - for some people, not all. And I don't see why I should pay for the rorters.

The the thing is your attitude is one of, if there are people taking the piss I'll just act as as if everyone is and far them all with the same brush, and before you say you don't you do because you use these issues as on of your reasons to support right wing policies who come down on benefits. There probable only 1% of benefit claimants who shouldn't be getting the help, in my world I would allow that 1% to go about their days and try and find out who they are and stop them without hurting the actual claimants, what's 1% when 99% are getting the genuine help they need?? The Tories answer is to cut the entire welfare bill regardless of how much it is a necessity for people and do nothing about the super rich tax dodgers. Whether you like it or not you support benefits for the rich at the expense of essential living costs for the poor

It pisses me off when some people act like it's only tories that get annoyed by people who don't want to work and that if you are anywhere near the left you think everybody should just sit on their arse doing nothing. I will never ever vote conservative but I do get annoyed at some people because I personally do know people who will never want to work. I don't agree with this but the difference is I don't tarr everyone who are on benefits or poor by the same brush. I've been on benefits on and off my whole life and I certainly wasn't like that but I felt I was looked down on by some people even though it was a short term thing. In a ideal world everybody would have jobs and nobody that could physically work would ever have to use benefits. Where are all these jobs anyway that they seem to think everybody could get?

If anybody should be pissed off it should be me - I work in social care for not that much more than minimum wage which is one area that seems to constantly get its budget cut. From what i can see its only the people who have had better luck/opportunities in life that do well while the poor/disabled are punished. When you have disabled people protesting at westminster you really have to ask yourself why?

I prefer The Times, but the Daily Mail is the bible of the middle classes and the working classes who hate bludgers, though they are also catered for by The Sun.

So what you're saying is you COULD have afforded to save a deposit but pissed it up the wall so mommy and daddy could give it to you instead yet in previous posts you have looked down on people who you claim pissed it up the wall instead of saving when in reality it's probably the fact that they don't have a job that pays well enough to live on as save. also let me guess when you was pissing it up the wall you were living with your parents???

I live in the real world and earn £27k a year and my mrs earns about £13k. The reality is that with renting, bills and food we would never sad a deposit on my basic, I have tried even to save for our move on my basic and it's not possible so I am either moving jobs in the coming weeks or returning to working self employed as I can maximise my earnings, to get enough for our deposit when we get to Australia I will work 60/70/80 hour weeks for an entire year and then we will have to move back to Cornwall for the 6 months prior to going to Australia and live with family, we can only do this because we are going to Australia and will be shipping belongings and it doesn't matter if we go back for a short time we wouldn't be able to do this if we were staying in the UK.

your attitude is one of, I had wealthy parents who helped me so why should my "tax money" tax money you aren't paying because you don't work go towards people who in reality have worked just as hard if not harder than you but aren't fortunate enough to come from a family who have wealth.... You have actually taken more benefit than they will have yet yours comes from family, you don't know where your life would be without that help, life becomes much easier when you have that help and it's just a joke that you think you are better than the people who don't get that help when you quite clearly didn't get what you have from only your own hard work and effort

It pisses me off when some people act like it's only tories that get annoyed by people who don't want to work and that if you are anywhere near the left you think everybody should just sit on their arse doing nothing. I will never ever vote conservative but I do get annoyed at some people because I personally do know people who will never want to work. I don't agree with this but the difference is I don't tarr everyone who are on benefits or poor by the same brush. I've been on benefits on and off my whole life and I certainly wasn't like that but I felt I was looked down on by some people even though it was a short term thing. In a ideal world everybody would have jobs and nobody that could physically work would ever have to use benefits. Where are all these jobs anyway that they seem to think everybody could get?

If anybody should be pissed off it should be me - I work in social care for not that much more than minimum wage which is one area that seems to constantly get its budget cut. From what i can see its only the people who have had better luck/opportunities in life that do well while the poor/disabled are punished. When you have disabled people protesting at westminster you really have to ask yourself why?

Round of applause! Well said Stacey :smile:

It is a bit of a myth that hard work if taken in those terms equal lifestyle. Most those that really put in the hard yards are far too knackered at the end of the day to have any

sort of lifestyle.

Yeah, I know. I was just objecting to someone who is working in low grade work whilst supported by his parents' legacy telling people that they could/should have done the same thing.

It pisses me off when some people act like it's only tories that get annoyed by people who don't want to work and that if you are anywhere near the left you think everybody should just sit on their arse doing nothing.

I certainly don't think that. People who are genuinely left leaning will think people have a duty to work but save their real anger for those who are seen to be rich bosses. Those on the intellectual side of the right tend to think that people on benefits are largely cost neutral - they take very little money and the safety net element of benefits outweighs the social harm of the few who choose it as a lifestyle. The right wing working class - a relatively new phenomenon - tend to get most agitated by people on benefits as they presumably have the least difference between that group in terms of material reward but the greatest difference in terms of effort.

Exactly right. Do I hate reading about rich bankers, Govt ministers, directors of companies and their multi million dollar rorts? Of course. But I don't see them every day. What I see is people who look like me, who dont look sick or handicapped or unable to work, so why are they sitting by the station with their mobile phones, cigarettes and alcohol holding signs which say " homeless, jobless, please help," or I see them boozing in the park every day. Some of them ARE homeless and unable to work, but not all of them.

And again, why should I excuse little guys' rorts because big guys rort more?

In your world only the multiple million dollar robbers are guilty but the little crimes affect little people more. Someone breaking into your home hurts you even if they take nothing compared to the boss of BHP getting $5billion bonus which has no physical effect on you

Who are you leaving your assets to anyway? Bequest to the DSS to help fund the unemployed?

ok here's a scenario for you because i received prejudice like yours from idiots in the UK when I was ill.

I have chrons disease which is a serious bowel condition, to look at me other than having dad circles around my eyes from the fatigue I looked ok, I got enough to pay for my house and the top rate of Motability so I could have a car to go to hospital as in Cornwall trelisk is the only well equipped hospital and that's 16 miles from St Austell where I grew up. Now trust me I was very ill, I have had a full collectomy and will have a colostomy until the day I died and I chose to have this after being told my options were limited and both involved various possibilities of death. I am one of those claimants who doesn't look ill, I had people ask me why should I have a nice car when I don't work!! My response was always "I'll take your shitty little job and you can have my 30+ trips to the toilet during the day and 30+ trips during the night and the crippling pain and 45 pills a day"

small minded views ides such as yours are completely based on prejudice born straight out of the pages of the daily fail rather than any actual reality of any situation that actual exists. Your ignorance and quite uneducated view of the world is sad for someone who seems to so unreservedly support the right wing ideals of wealth before people. You seem to look down on people as if you are superior and have some extra intellect when in fact your view stinks of one born from fear and a lack of intellect and individual thinking.

And @flagofconvenience @quinlka thank you for joining in I was starting to feel like I was the only one in this battle lol

Round of applause! Well said Stacey :smile:

Thank you. I'll probably either get someone asking me to talk in English or someone calling me a left wing nutter but hey ho! It breaks my heart when I hear about disabled people struggling even more or people who have just hit hard times and are really struggling. It seems to be getting worse for these types of people while the tories pretend that they are cutting everything to help people who want to work. I don't usually have a rant or at least I try not to but it does really annoy me reading about "bludgers" as if people who don't vote right wing enjoy seeing some people milk the state. I just don't believe that these are the majority of benefit users. Also I tend to get a little more annoyed with bankers who take the piss with their expenses or people who get £300 a day to do absolutely nothing other than have a nap in a comfy chair than someone who is on Jobseeker's Allowance and maybe does a few side shifts but that's just me. Not everybody would think that.

I think we will start to see more people protesting over the next few years and we can't put them all down to being left wing loons

And @flagofconvenience @quinkla thank you for joining in I was starting to feel like I was the only one in this battle lol

No worries - although there's little point in spending too much time debating with Mary Rose as he is not going to change his views and I doubt that he will change yours.

Tbh I think I'm more english than scottish so I should probably change my username, im a rubbish Scot. Hate haggis, neeps, porridge, whisky and I barely drink alcohol :laugh:

I wish someone hadnt mentioned the chippy - now I want a fritter roll

Me too, dislike haggis, whisky and porridge but neeps are OK. I used to eat slices of them raw when I was a kid.

ok here's a scenario for you because i received prejudice like yours from idiots in the UK when I was ill.

I have chrons disease which is a serious bowel condition, to look at me other than having dad circles around my eyes from the fatigue I looked ok, I got enough to pay for my house and the top rate of Motability so I could have a car to go to hospital as in Cornwall trelisk is the only well equipped hospital and that's 16 miles from St Austell where I grew up. Now trust me I was very ill, I have had a full collectomy and will have a colostomy until the day I died and I chose to have this after being told my options were limited and both involved various possibilities of death. I am one of those claimants who doesn't look ill, I had people ask me why should I have a nice car when I don't work!! My response was always "I'll take your shitty little job and you can have my 30+ trips to the toilet during the day and 30+ trips during the night and the crippling pain and 45 pills a day"

small minded views ides such as yours are completely based on prejudice born straight out of the pages of the daily fail rather than any actual reality of any situation that actual exists. Your ignorance and quite uneducated view of the world is sad for someone who seems to so unreservedly support the right wing ideals of wealth before people. You seem to look down on people as if you are superior and have some extra intellect when in fact your view stinks of one born from fear and a lack of intellect and individual thinking.

And @flagofconvenience @quinlka thank you for joining in I was starting to feel like I was the only one in this battle lol

I've no argument with you getting free treatment for your horrible disease which I would DREAD getting, but explain this to me.

My Dad, born in 1916, one of eight kids, brought up thru the depression and unemployment of the 1920s and 1930s, volunteers in 1939 just after the outbreak of WW2, active service on all fronts, eg Dunkirk 1940, Italy 1943/44, demobbed in 1946, then works without a day on the dole until he is 65., bringing up three kids, paying mortgage, then, at the end of his life, when he needs 24x7 nursing care, why, if you get all these wonderful things free, should he be stripped if his assets and home to pay for HIS care?

Then, at the end of his life, when he

Why don't I play the system? Why dobt I blow all my savings on booze and then plead poverty?

Why should I have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars or pounds if I need nursing home care? Why can't the government pay for it? U expect Tory govts to be nasty but what about Labour govts?

Why can't they pay for free nursing home care. Why can't they pay Pommie retirees who come to OZ their full pension? If people have payed their full NI quota then surely they have earned the right to the Govt helping them?

And why should people who have paid nothing be helped?

Why should I have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars or pounds if I need nursing home care? Why can't the government pay for it? U expect Tory govts to be nasty but what about Labour govts?

You do know that before the welfare state (a Labour concept), everyone had to pay for their own health and social care? And this universal health and causal care is a concept that has been steadily eroded by the right wing governments you seem to support?

What exactly goes through your brain whenever you put your vote next to the right wing candidate?

You do know that before the welfare state (a Labour concept), everyone had to pay for their own health and social care? And this universal health and causal care is a concept that has been steadily eroded by the right wing governments you seem to support?

What exactly goes through your brain whenever you put your vote next to the right wing candidate?

It was a Labour Govt in power when my dad needed his long term care and being lefties who think we should not have fought against Hitler, they basically said to him "@@@@ off. What do we care about your WW2 service. We have to pay for illegal immigrants and bludgers. They are more deserving than you.

So why don't Labour propose a way to fund nursing home care for people who need it without taking their assets,. Hang on. You think they SHOULD pay for their care?

Well IMO they should be in government hands not private ones seeking ever more profit from what are after all essential concerns.

IMHO, it makes sod all difference. It was just a way of making fat cats richer. No benefit and no cost to the public.