Slowly getting there

Guest51810

Yes your non-stop worrying about everything and anything is becoming very stressful for me personally!

Your last post about Medicare, forced me to eat an entire packet of McVitie's Milk Chocolate Digestive Biscuits just to calm down.

I have not eaten these since 1993 and then I make myself nauseous by eating an entire packet.

Please please please STOP being such a worrywart!

A WHV is meant to be enjoyable and exciting.

Go with the flow!

I can almost 99.99.99% guarantee that you WILL find work quite easily.

And on the very tiny chance you don't, then come back on here, and we can all have a whip round collection for you!

Either that or go Woofing because at least you get free accommodation and food.

Please buy yourself some Bach Flower Rescue Remedy and take a few drops under the tongue, or buy the spray and spray it around your head. Rescue remedy will help you keep calm.

Sadly I have used all my supply up being on here - hence the chocolate digestive biscuits indulgence.

im sorry that I made you eat chocolate biscuits..

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please buy yourself some Bach Flower Rescue Remedy and take a few drops under the tongue, or buy the spray and spray it around your head. Rescue remedy will help you keep calm.

However if you try to bring it into Australia then make sure you declare it as FOOD - I was given an official warning at Perth airport as I assumed having declared 'medicines' that was covered. It was quite scary - like something out of 'Nothing to declare' - i needed my rescue remedy after that :)

However if you try to bring it into Australia then make sure you declare it as FOOD - I was given an official warning at Perth airport as I assumed having declared 'medicines' that was covered. It was quite scary - like something out of 'Nothing to declare' - i needed my rescue remedy after that :)

I really meant get some now and use it before she arrives.

Good tip though.

Either that or go Woofing because at least you get free accommodation and food.

The $7000 could potentially last you the full year....... if you spend your time Woofing.

You can Woof up and down the East Coast and indeed all over Australia.

You get free food and accommodation in exchange for you helping your hosts. Just like having a job but you are volunteering.

It will give you the opportunity to save most of that $7000, and you still get to travel and see the sights.

The following links explain it in more detail:

http://www.funkhouse.com.au/hostels-sydney-work/wwoofing/

https://www.facebook.com/WWOOFingAustralia

http://www.travellers.com.au/WorkInOz/BackpackerJobGuides/WWOOFjobs/tabid/302/Default.aspx

http://www.wwoof.com.au/

Slowly getting there………….so are you THERE yet?

Surely you must be in excitement free fall now SS?

I know I would be. It is like the countdown to Santa on Xmas Day as a child!

So hoping you don’t bring the rain like you threatened / promised! :laugh:

It was a glorious Sydney spring day today. The sort that makes you feel happy to be alive. All the trees are budding and blooming and everyone is out and about gearing up mindset for the forthcoming summer. Lots of happy relaxed people permanently in holiday mode. That is how I always feel even with a job I am disliking. A beautiful day makes everything seem better!

Surfers galore out catching a wave break. I didn’t have that much energy. All I could manage was an egg and bacon roll and a coffee whilst sitting on the beach.

A walk on the beach today at 10am was a warm 21C (70F) but with a cool refreshing breeze. Glorious. It was so beautiful with the sun glistening on the waves. I was lucky enough to see a pod of dolphins just off shore surfing through the waves.

If you get time when you are here in Sydney, catch the L88 or L90 bus from Wynyard CBD rail station to Palm Beach. It takes 1.5 hours each way on the bus or an hour in a car. Make a whole day of it.

There are some great cafes for breakfast (pancakes, maple toast or eggs benedict) and lunch (fish, chips and glass of wine in the balmy sun, topped off with a Maggie Beer salted caramel ice-cream!!) otherwise bring your own picnic.

There are two beaches to choose from (a sheltered beach and an ocean beach) only a few minutes walk from each other, plus an energetic walk up to the lighthouse for sensational views.

Or you could go sailing on Pittwater and over to a deserted water-only access beach on the National Park side.

You could even make a whole weekend of it and stay overnight at the Pittwater or Avalon backpacker hostels.

http://www.railmaps.com.au/routedetails.php?RouteSelect=745

Jilly I won't be in Sydney till Friday. Singapore first.

Cant say im excited yet, just don't feel anything yet. I'd say I was emotionally dead but I did cry the other day saying goodbye to a dog lol :laugh: I'm sure once I'm either at my friends house tonight or when I'm at airport the excitement will hit but I'm just too stressed at the moment. I'm not sure it feels real yet because me and everyone else kinda always thought it wasn't going to happen. Well I knew when I booked but it still never felt real.

That salted icecream sounds good! I've always enjoyed sitting outside eating in the sun. Well unless there's loads of flies lol. I've heard about that pittwater place, it does sound nice!

Thanks guys, I'll definitely have times that I'm homesick but hopefully get through it! I'd be gutted if I gave in and went home early. The only reasons I'll go home - if I run out of money or if something happened but fingers crossed they won't!

My mum can't understand why I'm not excited lol she wants to go instead of me :laugh: the other backpackers would probably prefer her haha

Cant say im excited yet, just don't feel anything yet. I'd say I was emotionally dead but I did cry the other day saying goodbye to a dog

Sounds like a mixture of exhaustion, stress and anxiety!

Oh well a day of soaking up the sun rays, gamboling around in the waves and vast quantities of alcohol will revive your spirits once you get here.

Jilly I won't be in Sydney till Friday. Singapore first.

Cant say im excited yet, just don't feel anything yet. I'd say I was emotionally dead but I did cry the other day saying goodbye to a dog lol :laugh: I'm sure once I'm either at my friends house tonight or when I'm at airport the excitement will hit but I'm just too stressed at the moment. I'm not sure it feels real yet because me and everyone else kinda always thought it wasn't going to happen. Well I knew when I booked but it still never felt real[...]

It sounds weird but I didn't feel anything before moving here either! I like to think it's because I compartmentalised everything, otherwise I'd have had a meltdown... packing up our flat, moving out, handing in my notice at work, moving into temporary accommodation, last day at work, saying goodbye to my friends and family... if I stopped to think about it too much, I'd probably still be in the UK now!...

:confused:

Well I've cried for the first time so least I know I'm not completely emotionally numb lol had to hide it from mum though. Now that I've started that will probably be me most of the day!! Going around to my aunts to say bye to them all before my uncle drops me off at the place I'm staying. Will be extra hard saying goodbye to gran because I always have that worry she won't be there when I come back. I'm sure she will be though!

I wish I was flying today instead of waiting around