Slowly getting there

Guest51810

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are young you can wear anything and not look like a prat. You'll need the hat with corks for OZ Day.

Hat with corks are great for Australia Day or Fancy Dress............but wearing one out in the streets any other time of the year "young or old"..............and you are going to look like a moron.

Honestly just picture SS walking down George Street on a Tuesday lunchtime in a cork hat.

unless its just for a deterant.

Yes it is just a deterrent.

But it worked for me, whereas other backpackers in the hostel without padlocks got stuff stolen. Happened a number of times too on travels - not just one off.

A professional thief can open a padlock. But we are talking about random opportunists and light fingered fellow travelers

Having a padlock when traveling is good for two main reasons:

Stop casual airliner handlers rifling through your stuff

Stop casual backpackers rifling through your stuff

A small padlock costs a few pounds but could save you many.

You HAVE to leave your backpack or suitcase in your dorm room when sightseeing or working. Dorm rooms are full of transit people coming and going. Are they all trustworthy!? I think not.

Edited by jumpingjellybean
Spelling

Denim.. I bought 2 denim shorts.

I am talking about proper long ankle length jeans.

The washing line is not a must have for you. I don't think on reflection. Sounds like you are packing everything but the kitchen sink :wink: (a padlock will protect ALL that stuff)

But it is a must for me, as I travel light and need to string it up when washing and drying knickers or t-shirt over night. You can hardly put one pair of kickers in a tumble dryer. But if you bring lots of underwear and whatnot, then no need to bring a washing line.

My toiletries when backpacking are:

Toothpaste and toothbrush

Comb or brush

Roll-on deodorant

Wet wipes (sensitive & perfume free) - good for wiping sweating armpits, refreshing your face after a long flight or nap, wiping sticky hands after a meal, washing your hands before a meal and wiping your bottom if no loo paper available.

Two-in-one shampoo & conditioner - as saves space and weight in wet pack bag

And that is it. Keep it simple and lightweight.

I never wear make-up. Don't bother with perfume either. Both irritate me.

I'm about to order one of those light beach towels and a sarong like you mentioned. How necessary is the silk liner?

I didn't ever stay in hostels in Australia but in the UK you do need either a sleeping bag or liner - some will charge you to hire linen otherwise and even self-catering on Rottnest we had to take our own bedding.

It doesn't need to be silk of course but I guess that's lighter and less bulky to pack. You could always wait until you get there and buy one if you find you do need one.

uploadfromtaptalk1445778256470.jpg

I was looking for the place you are staying at in Coogee. First pic is at the bottom of Beach St. Second photo is round the corner, I had to drive onto Arden St and left at RAB. Not sure if this bldg is yrs? I was sure the road cuts across Arden St. 3rd photo is sunset over Coogee from Clovelly.

uploadfromtaptalk1445778214582.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445778234722.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445778214582.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445778234722.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445778256470.jpg

We will keep an eye out for you.

Although plenty of unbalanced people in the city already, so you will blend right in.

Hahahaha this made me laugh ALOT. Unbalanced is one way to describe the delightful sights of Kings X. It provides so much entertainment watching the scenes that unfold! [emoji87]