Slowly getting there

Guest51810

My suitcase was 17 or 18 lol. I still shouldn't have it at that though since there's not much room left but it's stuff like beach towel that's taking up room.

Im wide awake haha, can't sleep! Slept for 1 hour and that's me. Absolutely dreading the flight though lol not so much the sitting there but I know that the jetlag will be bad. I even felt terrible going to Florida :laugh: Wish I had been flying the now instead of waiting. Still worried that I've forgot something important lol

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you have:

Yourself!

Money

Passport

WHV Visa

That is all you really need.

Everything else you can get here.

Yup, nothing that a passport and a credit card won't cure!

Personally I would have ditched the beach towel (now a whole lot of yarn for knitting is a totally different ballgame!) - haven't you seen those fabulous compact towels in the camping shops? Or, better still, if you find you actually need one, buy one there!

Yup, nothing that a passport and a credit card won't cure!

Personally I would have ditched the beach towel (now a whole lot of yarn for knitting is a totally different ballgame!) - haven't you seen those fabulous compact towels in the camping shops? Or, better still, if you find you actually need one, buy one there!

i got one of the compact ones, I should have bought 2. I'll own up to my mistake. I'll probably ditch the beach towel eventually. @Lady Rainicorn is going to come and back me up on my case!! She lifted it :laugh:

Lady rainicorn got me some little roll on scents that do different things, one calms me down so hopefully that will help for the sake of everyone else :laugh:

im at the airport the now

You'll be fine I am sure :) Honestly, once you are done jet setting round a while it soon becomes second nature :)

As has been said, passport, money, cards and phone (unlocked) and you'll be sorted.

I backpacked round Europe and elsewhere and you soon get used to packing/unpacking and where to keep the stuff you need more often and so on.

Lady rainicorn got me some little roll on scents that do different things, one calms me down so hopefully that will help for the sake of everyone else :laugh:

im at the airport the now

yes it was really a present to myself :)

Slowly getting there………….so are you THERE yet?

Surely you must be in excitement free fall now SS?

I know I would be. It is like the countdown to Santa on Xmas Day as a child!

So hoping you don’t bring the rain like you threatened / promised! [emoji23]

It was a glorious Sydney spring day today. The sort that makes you feel happy to be alive. All the trees are budding and blooming and everyone is out and about gearing up mindset for the forthcoming summer. Lots of happy relaxed people permanently in holiday mode. That is how I always feel even with a job I am disliking. A beautiful day makes everything seem better!

Surfers galore out catching a wave break. I didn’t have that much energy. All I could manage was an egg and bacon roll and a coffee whilst sitting on the beach.

A walk on the beach today at 10am was a warm 21C (70F) but with a cool refreshing breeze. Glorious. It was so beautiful with the sun glistening on the waves. I was lucky enough to see a pod of dolphins just off shore surfing through the waves.

If you get time when you are here in Sydney, catch the L88 or L90 bus from Wynyard CBD rail station to Palm Beach. It takes 1.5 hours each way on the bus or an hour in a car. Make a whole day of it.

There are some great cafes for breakfast (pancakes, maple toast or eggs benedict) and lunch (fish, chips and glass of wine in the balmy sun, topped off with a Maggie Beer salted caramel ice-cream!!) otherwise bring your own picnic.

There are two beaches to choose from (a sheltered beach and an ocean beach) only a few minutes walk from each other, plus an energetic walk up to the lighthouse for sensational views.

Or you could go sailing on Pittwater and over to a deserted water-only access beach on the National Park side.

You could even make a whole weekend of it and stay overnight at the Pittwater or Avalon backpacker hostels.

http://www.railmaps.com.au/routedetails.php?RouteSelect=745

All lies! I'm sitting on the promenade at Bronte at Nine pm shivering and wishing I was anywhere but here. The waves are not really gently lapping against the sand and it's not really a balmy evening with the hum of cicadas telling me it's spring soon to be summer.

Mind you I did just shudder at a black shape but it's a roach not a spider!

[ATTACH]31852[/ATTACH][ATTACH]31853[/ATTACH]

Cafe in Devonshire St just up from Central today (2-11-15).

Check if they will take people on WHV for when she gets there. On a serious note, my daughter worked in retail and their company wouldn't employ people on WHV so good to check.

You'll be fine I am sure :) Honestly, once you are done jet setting round a while it soon becomes second nature :)

As has been said, passport, money, cards and phone (unlocked) and you'll be sorted.

I backpacked round Europe and elsewhere and you soon get used to packing/unpacking and where to keep the stuff you need more often and so on.

Well money is a funny one.. I very stupidly didn't realise you had to order dollars so I couldn't get any on Saturday. Then LR told me about the place at Edinburgh airport but it would only let me order them to house as far as I could see. So I printed off a voucher that lets me get them at good rate. Went to the desk and they don't have any! Said upstairs should have some but I won't get the good rate. I've got $170 aus dollars. But no Singapore. I think I'll get a small amount if they've got any and then I should be able to use my card. I told them I was going so they marked it down. I'm assuming Santander cards will work at most places :unsure:

SGD is classed as a minor currency cash wise so most places won't keep a stock of it. Some might, but not in any large amount. Also it doesn't get exchanged in very often over the counter once people return to the UK so most places won't have any floating round.

FWIW you can exchange at the airports if need be. You'll get a crummy rate but for a few days in Singapore you won't really be losing that much. It would only really make much of a difference on a large amount and then you'd be able to negotiate a better rate most likely anyways.

Also you can change Aus $ at the airport when you arrive at Changi. If you pay for something in Aus $$ you'll get change in SGD. Don't go changing up any big notes (and the rate again won't be great but I'd not worry overly about it) and see what you get back and if need be, change up a few Aus $ at an exchange desk for spending money.

i got one of the compact ones, I should have bought 2. I'll own up to my mistake. I'll probably ditch the beach towel eventually. @Lady Rainicorn is going to come and back me up on my case!! She lifted it :laugh:

You 'fessed up to the beach towel then? I did threaten to post 'OMG you won't believe what Stacey packed?'

I'm going away for the the night tho' and I can confirm there wasn't a lot of difference between her case and mine!!

I'm in the Coogee Pavilion bar right next door to where you are staying I think Stacey. This is wonderful place not like usual pub. Anyway I just spoke to young Pommie girl who works here and I asked her if it's easy to get job? She said "Yes, they are hiring now for summer," so come inhere on Friday and apply.uploadfromtaptalk1446462443040.jpg

Is this where you are staying?

uploadfromtaptalk1446462492814.jpg

Inside of pub.it's part bar part restaurant, part Cafe part play room with table tennis.uploadfromtaptalk1446462592385.jpg

On two levels but top not open. This will be heaving on weekends!

uploadfromtaptalk1446462416781.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446462416781.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446462443040.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446462492814.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446462592385.jpg