Why move from the UK

paul1977

Diet coke is 20 dollars on offer for 30 cans of 375ml diet coke in tesco for 24 cans is 6 quid on offer for 330 ml cans makeup I buy online most of it so UK prices apart from shipping clothes yes cheaper in UK for a writer quality although next online here is on a parr , paracetamol dirt cheap here no idea y nurofen for babies would be so dear :)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toilet rolls i buy from Brisbane cleaning supplies 40 dollars for 48 rolls but bigger rolls than u get in a shop I buy most of my cleaning products from there too like ya sanitisers and ya anti fog for ya mirrors and ya shower screens ya glass ect :)

...and you could charge a lot more for your services....you could in Perth anyway. Especially if you buy your own stuff.

People keep telling me so , I do work me butt off as well but I will see when I get back in Perth what I'm going to do I'll see , atm although I've just finished I work for some one and the charge me out and give me 20 I buy all my own stuff always have in Perth too I just charged 20 in Perth too I do really need to be at 25 but I'll see maybe :)

People keep telling me so , I do work me butt off as well but I will see when I get back in Perth what I'm going to do I'll see , atm although I've just finished I work for some one and the charge me out and give me 20 I buy all my own stuff always have in Perth too I just charged 20 in Perth too I do really need to be at 25 but I'll see maybe :)

$25 at least I'd say. If you're good you can charge that.

I do feel cheeky though really asking for more but I know what you saying :)

Cheeky?? You're providing a quality service (with own materials) you charge what you decide! I used to pay my cleaner $50 for 2 hours every week. She did heaps I have to say and I was pleased with her attention to detail so never begrudged paying it.

Cheeky?? You're providing a quality service (with own materials) you charge what you decide! I used to pay my cleaner $50 for 2 hours every week. She did heaps I have to say and I was pleased with her attention to detail so never begrudged paying it.[/quote

ok I'll take on board what ya saying for when I get back in Perth :):)

The UK is so cheap for food clothes beauty products and medication. If you have been living is oz for a while this may be a surprise.

You can go to places like LIDAL, ASDA and Tescos and buy everything you need for cheap, from clothes to garden furniture to TVs. Most of your daily needs such as crisps, milk, 1l coke are ONE POUND!! the superstores are always at war and although a lot of their deals are cons...it is way cheaper than oz.

Im moving to oz in July and I'm in the process of packing and organising things to send over to oz.

we are expecting a baby and so I have been comparing prices on things and the majority of things i have bought here.

for example the baby monitor we have 100 pounds in oz 357 dollars. nurofen for babies 3pound same bottle in coles is 17dollars.

the only things we are buying in oz are the pram and cot just because the prices are so similar.

I have NO IDEA why the ozzies are ripped off so badly. people have said its because of the distance and things needing to be exported but as most things are made in china....surely the UK is further.

people can say you earn more but a bottle of nurofen should not be 3 times the price and the weekly shop should not be so expensive. Even sun tan lotion is cheaper in the UK and we hardly ever get to use it.

Saying that its just something I will have to get used to and accept.

a 2l bottle of coke here is currently $3 in coles therefore cheaper than the 1l in UK!!!

2l of milk in coles is $2, the same as at home!

Yeh you can't buy everything in the same shop i.e clothes, garden furniture, TV's - but walk a few meters away in most shopping centres and there will be a Target full of clothes and TVS, or a Kmart/Big W, Bunnings for your garden gear - the only comparison here is that UK is more convenient because everything is in the 1 shop.

Electronics I actually find cheaper

example

Ipad Mini 16GB

Curry's = 199GBP

Goodguys = 268GBP (134GBP)

With the clothes; they don't have the cheap primarks etc here, and I do admit that more often than not I order my clothes online, but I bought a pair of jeans and a top here the other way $60 for the jeans, $40 for the top so really that's not too badly priced in comparison to a similar store at home.

Anyway, as you say - if you're not happy to earn the extra $$ & pay the extra $$ on food etc probably best not to come.

Good luck with your move & with the baby.

a 2l bottle of coke here is currently $3 in coles therefore cheaper than the 1l in UK!!!

Yeh you can't buy everything in the same shop i.e clothes, garden furniture, TV's - but walk a few meters away in most shopping centres and there will be a Target full of clothes and TVS, or a Kmart/Big W, Bunnings for your garden gear - the only comparison here is that UK is more convenient because everything is in the 1 shop.

example

Ipad Mini 16GB

Curry's = 199GBP

With the clothes; they don't have the cheap primarks etc here, and I do admit that more often than not I order my clothes online, but I bought a pair of jeans and a top here the other way $60 for the jeans, $40 for the top so really that's not too badly priced in comparison to a similar store at home.

Anyway, as you say - if you're not happy to earn the extra $$ & pay the extra $$ on food etc probably best not to come.

So a bottle of cokes cheaper and milks the same price so that talks for an entire bill....? With the exception of Melbourne and Sydney australia has the worst clothes I have seen, crap quality dreadful style... The shops are full of crap, so for you to say there's no cheap primark like stores your walking around with your eyes closed. Australian clothes look cheap and wash up dreadful. ..and then you go on about buying jeans for 60 bucks....? Make up yourmind

I never suggested that talks for the entire bills - I was referring back to items mentioned by a previous poster.

I didn't talk about jeans for $40?? I mentioned a top for $40?? Have you got your eyes closed?

I am not here to have an argument I was simply referring to items mentioned - if you hate everything that much...go home!!

I never suggested that talks for the entire bills - I was referring back to items mentioned by a previous poster.

I didn't talk about jeans for $40?? I mentioned a top for $40?? Have you got your eyes closed?

I am not here to have an argument I was simply referring to items mentioned - if you hate everything that much...go home!!

Who's eyes are closed....?

You do talk a lot of rubbish Paul.

You can buy whatever sort of clothes you want in Australia. From cheap and cheerful to expensive and stylish and everything in between.

And it is worldwide that the larger bottles of soft drink are cheaper than the smaller.

I think it is usually due to the small size being in the fridge and ready to drink cold so you are paying for the power.

But there may be more to it.

example

Ipad Mini 16GB

Curry's = 199GBP

I never pay more than £1 for 2L coke or Pepsi.

Who buys nurofen?

You can buy whatever sort of clothes you want in Australia. From cheap and cheerful to expensive and stylish and everything in between.

And it is worldwide that the larger bottles of soft drink are cheaper than the smaller.

I think it is usually due to the small size being in the fridge and ready to drink cold so you are paying for the power.

My sister buys all her clothes on the internet. She found a great woollen factory shop down the road from me I didn't even know was there. Girl there said Australia postals are their biggest customer.

I said with the exception of Melbourne and Sydney. .. you live in Melbourne where you have Melbourne central and Chadstone, I'm talking about the rest of the country

The UK is so cheap for food clothes beauty products and medication. If you have been living is oz for a while this may be a surprise.

You can go to places like LIDAL, ASDA and Tescos and buy everything you need for cheap, from clothes to garden furniture to TVs. Most of your daily needs such as crisps, milk, 1l coke are ONE POUND!! the superstores are always at war and although a lot of their deals are cons...it is way cheaper than oz.

Im moving to oz in July and I'm in the process of packing and organising things to send over to oz.

we are expecting a baby and so I have been comparing prices on things and the majority of things i have bought here.

for example the baby monitor we have 100 pounds in oz 357 dollars. nurofen for babies 3pound same bottle in coles is 17dollars.

the only things we are buying in oz are the pram and cot just because the prices are so similar.

I have NO IDEA why the ozzies are ripped off so badly. people have said its because of the distance and things needing to be exported but as most things are made in china....surely the UK is further.

people can say you earn more but a bottle of nurofen should not be 3 times the price and the weekly shop should not be so expensive. Even sun tan lotion is cheaper in the UK and we hardly ever get to use it.

Saying that its just something I will have to get used to and accept.

I was back in the UK last November and the only thing I found noticeably cheaper was beer in pubs. Buy beer and wine here in the bottleshop and beers about the same price and wine is cheaper. Spirits might be more here but I don't drink them often enough to worry about it.

There are cheap clothes and everything else in places like Big W, K-mart, Target. Probably same cheap stuff that you can get in the UK that last a few washes and then you throw it away and get some more.

Nurofen?? Just get the aussie brand equivalent, it will do the same.

I was back in the UK last November and the only thing I found noticeably cheaper was beer in pubs. Buy beer and wine here in the bottleshop and beers about the same price and wine is cheaper. Spirits might be more here but I don't drink them often enough to worry about it.

There are cheap clothes and everything else in places like Big W, K-mart, Target. Probably same cheap stuff that you can get in the UK that last a few washes and then you throw it away and get some more.

Nurofen?? Just get the aussie brand equivalent, it will do the same.

For me it's the style, you can get cheap crap in both countries, ... never seen so many un stylish clothes in my life , wa taste is shocking

For me it's the style, you can get cheap crap in both countries, ... never seen so many un stylish clothes in my life , wa taste is shocking

Don't need much more than a pair of shorts, T-Shirt and a pair of things for most of the year though Paul. Who's bothered about style? If you want stylish and cheap have a browse round Salvo's. Bought my last pair of levi's there for $15.

What do you want? Giorgio Armani Hi viz?:wink:

Its nurofen for babies I'm not sure if theres an ozzie own brand or how much it is.??? but if there is then good!

I understand there will be products that will be the same price and that you can shop at target for clothes but call me a snob but target isn't the type of place i would buy my clothes its the of the UK's Matalan/Primark its ok for baby grows and knickers but i wouldn't buy a nice dress for a night out or high quality shoes in target.

i just think that for a full shop it will be cheaper in the UK. and i think theres a bigger choice

You can buy lovely dresses from a shop called forever new don't cost the earth and are decent quality I have a lot of my dresses from there and online next is on a par with UK prices if you convert back ya big w and ya target r fine for shorts and vest tops for the beach you also have Myers sales you can drop on nice things . It averages around 120 dollars a dress in forever new some 89 dollars so convert back all good and they lovely Diet 2 litre bottle of coke is 4:05 today lol

Sale on in Bunnings warehouse get thee sen in there , garden furniture half price haha

if if you want a fab fitting pair of jeans next online lift and shape not expensive niether I bought mine from UK 2:5 yrs ago still look fab with a dressy top and to stop them fading put them in a plastic bag and freeze them :)

Edited by Shellybingobingo