going back to uk and can't wait

jb39

There is of course no racism or alcohol fuelled violence in England. Crap roads, houses and pubs are pretty prevalent too. I'm sure your Aussie friends will miss u.

I think we are all aware that there is racism and alcohol fueled violence in MANY countries, it is not just limited to UK or Australia!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been many places and have lived in oz for nearly 6 yrs. But enough is enough! !

Had enough of

whinging aussies

people who don't wear shoes or shirts in supermarkets

People out in the streets in pajamas

looser drivers

crap roads

crap pubs

crap houses that are freezing in winter

expensive .....everything

racist people

high tax I have to pay

pay when you go to the doctor

how they bang on about medical insurance

million adverts every 10 mins on tv

radios that play the same music day in day out

asshole cops just looking to make revenue

flies

This country is 30 yrs behind the rest of the world

corrupt government

alcoholed fuel violence

the poor level of English spoken

bad language

No history

that pointless AFL

Bad loosers in sports

I have met many great people here. But for me the bad points out way the good.

What were you saying about English?

• 3 weeks later...
Where are you all living in Aus with people publicly in their PJ's??? Just curious....

I remember when we arrived in suburban Brissie and were having an Indian meal when someone walked in in PJs to get their takeout. Have also seen people filling up their cars in PJs. Gave us a bit of a chuckle but I thought it was quite practical. At least they weren't naked! The lack of shoes thing does get to me a bit - in hospitals, restaurants, shops - yuck!

What a very strange thing to say. Even if the state you lived in was not for you - how do you know how the rest of us in other states live and are happy? I am assuming we must all be brainwashed into thinking we are quite happy here and must need help your help to see the error of our ways??????? If it was not for you, then it was not for you but to make comments like the above is totally wrong.There are more people who come to Australia and stay than go back. Definitely sound bitter

What a very strange thing to say. Even if the state you lived in was not for you - how do you know how the rest of us in other states live and are happy? I am assuming we must all be brainwashed into thinking we are quite happy here and must need help your help to see the error of our ways??????? If it was not for you, then it was not for you but to make comments like the above is totally wrong.There are more people who come to Australia and stay than go back. Definitely sound bitter

Does it matter?

I remember when we arrived in suburban Brissie and were having an Indian meal when someone walked in in PJs to get their takeout. Have also seen people filling up their cars in PJs. Gave us a bit of a chuckle but I thought it was quite practical. At least they weren't naked! The lack of shoes thing does get to me a bit - in hospitals, restaurants, shops - yuck!

thanks for the reply! I haven't come across that yet! :biglaugh:

Ahh yes, reminds me of the large numbers of women with curlers in their hair and hairnets on and aprons on while grocery shopping...Bradford, 1950s and again in 1967...:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Ahh yes, reminds me of the large numbers of women with curlers in their hair and hairnets on and aprons on while grocery shopping...Bradford, 1950s and again in 1967...:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Forgot...Young girls (16-20 year olds)at work on fridays with transparent adhesive tape stuck on the sides of their faces to get their curls to hold for the Friday night dances...:nah:

Cheers, Bobj.

I think there have been a lot of changes in the UK since 2008 – the bank crisis, a coalition government, austerity measures, major welfare reforms, huge increase in food banks, higher profile of political parties like UKIP, record low interest rates, riots, a hugely successful Olympic games, announced Scottish referendum………..lots of stuff, both positive, and negative. It may or may not affect everyone directly on an individual or daily basis, but it definitely impacts on the identity of the country.

I’m not knocking the UK PB, I am happy to live here, but that doesn’t mean I’m blind to the changing world around me. Chances are that someone who has lived away for 6 years or more will notice a few changes too. Tx

Although not a long time frame, the same could be surely said about Australia, or anywhere else? The points the OP mentioned though outside the sad fact that twenty six pubs a week are closing has much else changed? A lot of above points are either applicable elsewhere or hardly of relevance to the critique expressed by OP. Besides the return to familiarity may clench the deal.

Love how all the ex brits are SO defensive of Australia, like the OP has just personally insulted their family :biglaugh:

I find it hilarious as well. fact is many of the OP's points are pretty close to the bone and as a result has sparked all the defensiveness. thing is with the POMS in OZ - many need constantly reminding that their decision was still a good idea even when it actually may not be. I'm not saying the UK is great either, the reactions is what cracks me up.

I dont mind either, personally the UK is a better place for many reasons but its still OK here - even in Perth. There are some real sh*t holes you can live in and I dont think either fit into that category..........

If you are doing well I think both places can be great. It may have taken people the move to get them to pull their fingers out and wow suddenly there enjoying life..

Edited by dustyroad