going back to uk and can't wait

jb39

Guest Guest 47403
The pubs are awesome in the UK ! and who doesnt have warm house in winter in the UK ? as for rasism...its horrendous here ! why dont you ever see black faces reading the news or presenting current affairs etc or black doctors - where are they all ? its so racist it almost funny.

No black doctors now your having a laugh!

Plenty of older folk sit through winter in the cold, some not so old too don't be so naive.

There are awesome pubs the world over they are not unique to the UK.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No black doctors now your having a laugh!

Plenty of older folk sit through winter in the cold, some not so old too don't be so naive.

There are awesome pubs the world over they are not unique to the UK.

Australian.... 1st owners of the land ? No there isnt ! ..and no its not funny.

If you are sitting in the UK unable to heat your house then we are not referring to folk who can afford to come to Australia....this is poms in oz site.....of course there are loads of poor people who cant afford to eat/heat the home/go on holiday etc but the average pom can heat their home. (well they could when I left 3 years ago - perhaps it changed)

Guest Guest 47403

If you are sitting in the UK unable to heat your house then we are not referring to folk who can afford to come to Australia....this is poms in oz site.....of course there are loads of poor people who cant afford to eat/heat the home/go on holiday etc but the average pom can heat their home. (well they could when I left 3 years ago - perhaps it changed)

Pretty nonsensical reply tbh as much as I hate the grammar police you need to edit it to resemble something from the English language and I might be able to reply!

Guest Guest 47403
Nothing is free in the UK but if you need a safety net it is there, the NHS is the best in the world as voted by an independent american survey but the tories are trying to make it like the USA and Australia, already huge protests going on...they will never privatize it.

The Australian and US medical systems are completely different..............wake up parts of the NHS are already privatised it's not going to be an immediate change but the NHS won't exist as it does now in 50 years time, sooner if the right wing stay in power.

The Australian and US medical systems are completely different..............wake up parts of the NHS are already privatised it's not going to be an immediate change but the NHS won't exist as it does now in 50 years time, sooner if the right wing stay in power.

The world isn't going to be the same in 50 years time - the prediction is 65% unemployment. Either we'll stop thinking of things like healthcare and education in financial terms and simply give people what they need or it will be survival of the fittest and poverty and infant mortality etc. will be back at 19th century levels.

This will be the same across the globe - I wouldn't like to call whether the UK or Australia will be worse, all I know is I'm happy my son has dual nationality and he will have some choices whatever happens in the future.

Nothing is free in the UK but if you need a safety net it is there, the NHS is the best in the world as voted by an independent american survey but the tories are trying to make it like the USA and Australia, already huge protests going on...they will never privatize it.

Can you not get free healthcare in Aus anymore?

I am really shocked at the attitudes being expressed here, of course services aren't free and are paid for by taxes but they are free at the point of use and that is the whole point, the better off help out the not so well off. It's not about 'freeloading' in fact those most in need probably graft harder than those of us fortunate enough to have had the opportunity and made the choice of a well paid career.

Do you really think a Dr works harder than a nurse and a nurse is a freeloader because he gets family tax credit? The vast majority of those on benefits are working full time and in my experience the lowest paid jobs I've had are the ones where I worked hardest - I may not have been using my brain that much but for sheer effort working behind a bar far exceeds what I do now.

Arguably wages should be higher so people are not reliant on benefits but I certainly have no problem in the taxes I pay being redistributed to those on lower incomes.

And what on earth is the problem with everyone paying proportional to their income into a health fund that means regardless of income the service is free?

I despair I really do :(

I am really shocked at the attitudes being expressed here, of course services aren't free and are paid for by taxes but they are free at the point of use and that is the whole point, the better off help out the not so well off. It's not about 'freeloading' in fact those most in need probably graft harder than those of us fortunate enough to have had the opportunity and made the choice of a well paid career.

Do you really think a Dr works harder than a nurse and a nurse is a freeloader because he gets family tax credit? The vast majority of those on benefits are working full time and in my experience the lowest paid jobs I've had are the ones where I worked hardest - I may not have been using my brain that much but for sheer effort working behind a bar far exceeds what I do now.

Arguably wages should be higher so people are not reliant on benefits but I certainly have no problem in the taxes I pay being redistributed to those on lower incomes.

And what on earth is the problem with everyone paying proportional to their income into a health fund that means regardless of income the service is free?

I despair I really do :(

Post of the week.

If the system was genuinely there to help the people who need it then I would have no problem with it, but it is exploited left right and centre and used by freeloaders in a way that is was never intended for. But the goverment just let it happen. Too many times have I seen people close to me let down by the system. People who have worked hard all their lives and paid in only to be told go away when they needed some help or pay to get services quicker. Yet I see others play the system to a tune and are better off than those who work hard for a living and on no level is that right to me.

It's called insurance!!!

I have insurance and top cover... but this does not cover much. I also recently had breast cancer and my gap bills were $10K. Hopefully you will have good health and not need to find out that you are still faced with huge bills. I wish it was only the excess of your insurance but the reality is the Dr can charge what they like and you are only reimbursed with the scheduled fee.

I certainly am not complaining about the treatment but when you face tough times it is a double whammy when the medical bills kick in and you think it will be covered by insurance.

I have insurance and top cover... but this does not cover much. I also recently had breast cancer and my gap bills were $10K. Hopefully you will have good health and not need to find out that you are still faced with huge bills. I wish it was only the excess of your insurance but the reality is the Dr can charge what they like and you are only reimbursed with the scheduled fee.

I certainly am not complaining about the treatment but when you face tough times it is a double whammy when the medical bills kick in and you think it will be covered by insurance.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been through this. I have two very good friends here who have both had breast cancer and have had mastectomys such a stressing time. Both thankfully now in remission and both covered by Breastcare WA completely 100 percent free.Ive done the City to Surf twice to raise funds for them such a fantastic job they do. Free wigs etc. too.

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

I know!! Just not on such a vast scale. Makes my blood boil when I read threads asking whether or not the poster will be entitled to benefits. Surely, if you have to ask that, then you shouldn't consider emigrating.

I might become one of the masses myself. Give myself a break from work :wink:

Seriously benefits abuse is just as bad over here as the uk.

You just don't see sensationalised as much in the media here.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Que Sera, Sera viewpost-right.png

Free? Are you not paying NI contributions? Sounds like you've got all the benefits you need. Pretty much the norm for new immigrants to Britain then :wink: Seriously though good luck with your settling in :wubclub:

Yes I am paying NI but only £30 a week as opposed to the £300 a week I was paying in Australia. Plus because I have been out of the country and haven't earned 10k yet, I dont pay any tax.

Sounds like you just want a free ride.

Yes tbere is

http://www.aida.org.au

Seriously benefits abuse is just as bad over here as the uk.

You just don't see sensationalised as much in the media here.

It certainly is with company tax rorts on par with UK. And no the tabloid press is less numerous and as such have less influence on people's lives. Shock jokes go part of the way influencing the masses in a similar way though.