She made me go back go Uk

jasepom

The fact I split the family up making the family miserable in the process. You should see the pictures of us before we left Australia, we were smiling away, everything was rosey. As I say, we went back to England on a whim, that was all. Don't even know who wanted to do it now.

Everyone smiles for the camera. What's done is done. You need to look forward. Looking back will only cause pain. Look at your options, not your mistakes.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact I split the family up making the family miserable in the process. You should see the pictures of us before we left Australia, we were smiling away, everything was rosey. As I say, we went back to England on a whim, that was all. Don't even know who wanted to do it now.

My mother wanted to return for years. Finally woke up and moved on and loved every minute from that point on.

Having read the whole thread and others that preceeded it, it seems to me that Jasepom is a very selfish person... and that it all seems to be about him all the time. He brought his family out here... he took them back to UK... then he wanted to come back to Oz and his very accommodating wife finally said "no" when he wanted to transport them back around the world! Totally understand why she would do that. How disruptive to the children's upbringing is the constant moving from one side of the world to the other... let alone the financial costs involved. But guessing that Jasepom will never get it.... or that his kids need him to be in their daily lives. Perhaps they are better off without him... which I guess is where his ex-wife is coming from....

I have thought of that,but I really don't want to leave my wife,and she doesn't want me to go,but I am struggling,especially with the hot weather.I don't like to keep moaning to her,so I keep quiet,as best I can.If I go back in UK summer,I'll will be coming back in QLD summer,so it would need to be a comprise of timing. I have looked into buying a car,and flights,but didn't go through with it.

Go see a priest, or alternately, a travel agent, and book a ticket home. Your kids will thank you for it. Sun, surf and 'lifestyle' don't cut it next to seeing their faces on their birthdays or Christmas morning. Surely the appeal of a country which is not your own can't over-ride the thrill of seeing them grow up?

Exactly, when he is old and grey and without family and kids he deserted, then the sun and surf won't seem so great.

Edited by calNgary
edited quote

It does seem to be all about the lost money rather than the lost family which I find disturbing. I lost a million dollars, we had a dream house, I had a dream job etc. Now I don't know the OP at all but from reading the threads it seems that his self worth is measured through "things" - job, house, bank balance, rather than family and relationships. Now this works for some people but it seems that Jase and his wife had different views on what was important.

It is not for any of us to say whether his POV is right or wrong, however blaming his wife for his decisions is not making him happy, it doesn't appear that being back in Australia is making him happy and is may be that the happiness he perceived existed before he moved back to the UK was also a facade which is being viewed through rose tinted specs. I think (as much as i am entitled to have an opinion) that his wife was more than supportive in a move half way around the world and then back again at her husbands urging, but was quite entitled to say 'enough'. the fact that the OP then made a decision to leave his family to return to the "dream life" is one he needs to live with. I think form the tone of the posts, that he has realised that it was a poor choice but is trying to justify it by saying we were happy before and we had everything and blaming his wife. I hope for his sake that he does find some peace and comes to terms with the decisions he has made.

Exactly, when he is old and grey and without family and kids he deserted, then the sun and surf won't seem so great.

And for those like myself who don't give a toss about sun and surf and wouldn't go back to Blighty under any circumstance?

And for those like myself who don't give a toss about sun and surf and wouldn't go back to Blighty under any circumstance?

Your situation is nothing like the OP's. I've not read of you carting your family to Aus to begin with, then back to the UK for some reason and then upping sticks to move back to Aus, leaving them behind.

If family is the most important thing, then they should prioritise being together and there for each other above all else. Whether that be in the UK, Aus, or anywhere else. I think this is especially true if you have youngish kids who still live with you and rely on you.

Everything else is secondary - in my opinion. If this isn't the case, then maybe emigration was a mistake in the first place.

It's up to us all as individuals and as families to think long and hard about what is important, ideally before you uproot everything and make big changes. And if we make a mistake (which is ok, as most of us do on occasions), we need to think long and hard on the best way to rectify them.

Good luck.

Edited by Captain Roberto

If family is the most important thing, then they should prioritise being together and there for each other above all else. Whether that be in the UK, Aus, or anywhere else. I think this is especially true if you have youngish kids who still live with you and rely on you.

Everything else is secondary - in my opinion. If this isn't the case, then maybe emigration was a mistake in the first place.

It's up to us all as individuals and as families to think long and hard about what is important, ideally before you uproot everything and make big changes. And if we make a mistake (which is ok, as most of us do on occasions), we need to think long and hard on the best way to rectify them.

Good luck.

Wishing I could undo the past. Had a fantastic job in Australia which i loved and the house everything was perfect.

Edited by jasepom

Wishing I could undo the past. Had a fantastic job in Australia which i loved and the house everything was perfect.

@jasepom. What about your fantastic children? Your loving wife? Your perfect family?

What the heck is a job and a house compared to a child's hug. Compared to your child saying "I love you".

When you lose a child and that child can never hug you again, you'll never see that smile, you'll never hear then shout "mum I'm home, is my shirt/trousers ironed, I've got a date" or in your case "dad" it's the saddest thing in the world and you try to put that pain behind you, but then something reminds you and everyday is a reminder that you lost something that was so precious, once so tiny, so completely dependent on you, that your heart aches with it.

Forget this stupidity Jase please and mend those bridges with your children. Please.