Not going to plan after 18 months

fifi69

Guest guest30085
no, you were mega kind when I was " in disgrace" ...

one good turn deserves another in my book...

I should imagine after a night out with me, you and Linda then you may be in disgrace all over again :yes::wacko::laugh:

I'd best get back to the painting :dull: xx

I should imagine after a night out with me, you and Linda then you may be in disgrace all over again :yes::wacko::laugh:

I'd best get back to the painting :dull: xx

I'm looking forward to the first night out when you get here Adonna x

Fifi,I'm one of the lucky few whose had the privilidge to meet you in person and you're a wonderful lady, you live by the glass half full rather than half empty philosophy, as your FB friend I see your awesome photo's and you do so much with your life here, much respect and I think you are an inspiration to people who read these posts and are thinking of emigrating xxxxxxx

Fifi,I'm one of the lucky few whose had the privilidge to meet you in person and you're a wonderful lady, you live by the glass half full rather than half empty philosophy, as your FB friend I see your awesome photo's and you do so much with your life here, much respect and I think you are an inspiration to people who read these posts and are thinking of emigrating xxxxxxx

I second that. Enjoy your posts, they are so positive. First time I realised you came out with so little though.

It wasnt deliberate misleading title...it's just how I'm more surprised than anyone...especially as we came to this in our forties.

its a scary time to start over but I would def recommend it....

Thanks Fifi, your positivity is great and really uplifting! We are off to do the same as you in our fortys too...let the adventure begin!

Well done you! I'm so glad its all working out for you and your family. Sometimes on here experience tells me almost from their very first post who's going to cut it here and who's not. Like Fi said PMA goes a long way and you have it in abundance. Good luck with the build and the job. Good on ya hun! " Living the dream!" :wink::laugh::cool:

Well done you! I'm so glad its all working out for you and your family. Sometimes on here experience tells me almost from their very first post who's going to cut it here and who's not. Like Fi said PMA goes a long way and you have it in abundance. Good luck with the build and the job. Good on ya hun! " Living the dream!" :wink::laugh::cool:

Agree easy to tell who will make it and who won't.

I'm glad it's going well. But I would urge a big caution on this:

Out of curiosity I had a mortgage man round last week, so because I know people are curious this is what the outcome was. OH n I have a combined pre tax income of $160,000, on that the banks would lend us 1.1 million:chatterbox:

believe me..even in Perth that's a decent property. On the other side of the scale, because I haven't been in my job for 6 months, we can take my income out of the equation and we qualify for a low income, no deposit mortgage ....go figure:err:

Mortgage people will come round and spruik their services because they know that once they have you on the hook, you will turn to them for more realistic deals. No bank would ever lend you $1.1m on a combined gross income of $160k. Sure, they all say they would and have calculators that show this, but they will then ask you about your outgoings and deduct bills, rates, health insurance, living costs, cars and heaps of other stuff and then give you a figure of about half that. Which is much more realistic - a $1.1m mortgage would cost you $3000 a fortnight in repayments (assumed generous 6% rate and 30 year term) and leave you with very little for living. Moreover, if interest rates rise - as many predict they will within a year or so - you'd be at the mercy of an extra $100 a fortnight for every extra 0.25% on the interest rate. Plus, to get the $1.1 million loan, you'd also need a 20% deposit plus money for conveyancing and stamp duty. That rolls up to about $340,000 to secure a house priced at $1,375,000.

Just putting it out there...

Totally agree with you Quinkla...

I enjoy my freedom too much to be saddled with any type of large mortgage.

Thats why we are going with the Keystart option, tbh $470 can get me a property here either established or new build that I'm more than happy with.

Archived