Hey guys its been a while, 4 months in perth and loving it!!!!!

bennyblueboy

Hey Poms ,it's been a few months since I was last here,but it's been an a mental but amazing few months in awesome perth!!! Things are just starting to calm down now and we feel really settled even only after 4 months .....it just feels right.

Both me and claire have full time work,and the kids are loving there new school , and the fact they can wear shorts all year round .

The weather has been amazing since we got here,and even tho it's starting to get a bit chilly during the nights and mornings now its winter the sun is still beaming all day long and it's lovely and warm .

I think in the last 4 months we have done more here with the kids than we would have done in a year in the u.k. Every weekend we are out down the beach or having bbqs and picnics in the park with friends, down the mariner fishing and crabing.

I can safely say this life is all we'd thought it would be and more!! There is not one thing I miss about the u.k. And already this feels like home for me:biggrin:

Guest scrumpy

Fantastic news, were heading that way Sept 3rd, so so good to hear all is working well for you guys

What a brilliant post, it is so nice to hear positive posts from people who have made the move and have embraced their new life with such obvious joy. Thank you benny, I hope you continue to enjoy your new life and please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

metoo x

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Keeping feeding us a tasty piece of Perth pie matey, it's fantastic there buddy, best of luck.

Fab to hear. Sounds like things have fallen in to place for you guys and its all come together well.

Long may it continue for you, enjoy :)

So good to hear that you've settled and enjoying your new life - always a sigh of relief for mum and dad when the kids settle in new schools and are enjoying themselves. Don't be a stranger

Shhhhhhh!!!!!

You'll have everybody coming here.....!!

Seriously though, Perth is just the best place ever. We have been here 7 months now and have loved every minute. We have family here so that is a big plus, but what is not to love about this place?

We thought we would miss countryside walks, but have found loads of places to walk out in the country(bush) http://www.experienceperth.com/things-to-see-and-do/nature-and-wildlife/tracks-and-trails/perth%27s-top-walking-trails

Just like you, it feels 'right'. It feels like home.

Good luck everyone.

Hey Poms ,it's been a few months since I was last here,but it's been an a mental but amazing few months in awesome perth!!! Things are just starting to calm down now and we feel really settled even only after 4 months .....it just feels right.

Both me and claire have full time work,and the kids are loving there new school , and the fact they can wear shorts all year round .

The weather has been amazing since we got here,and even tho it's starting to get a bit chilly during the nights and mornings now its winter the sun is still beaming all day long and it's lovely and warm .

I think in the last 4 months we have done more here with the kids than we would have done in a year in the u.k. Every weekend we are out down the beach or having bbqs and picnics in the park with friends, down the mariner fishing and crabing.

I can safely say this life is all we'd thought it would be and more!! There is not one thing I miss about the u.k. And already this feels like home for me:biggrin:

Shhhhhhh!!!!!

You'll have everybody coming here.....!!

Seriously though, Perth is just the best place ever. We have been here 7 months now and have loved every minute. We have family here so that is a big plus, but what is not to love about this place?

We thought we would miss countryside walks, but have found loads of places to walk out in the country(bush) http://www.experienceperth.com/things-to-see-and-do/nature-and-wildlife/tracks-and-trails/perth%27s-top-walking-trails

Just like you, it feels 'right'. It feels like home.

Good luck everyone.

All the posts you read about Perth being dry and flat, what a load of tosh.

My kids love biking and the youngest mountain biking in particular. There are soem fantastic rides without even going too far. There are a lot of bushland tracks around suburbs where you wouldn't dream of looking. I went round the back of Criagie leisure centre and there is a brilliant bushland walk or mountain bike track. Saw a couple of roos and great exercise without having to venture far at all.

Glad you're enjoying yourselves and settled in well Benny, we felt just the same when we came 21 years ago. Keep on enjoying it mate.

Awesome post! Glad everything is going so well.

Archived