Hey guys its been a while, 4 months in perth and loving it!!!!!

bennyblueboy

Guest Guest 47403

Well done Benny you had the right attitude from the start not surprised one bit you doing well, enjoying it and making the most of it!

Great news that you're enjoying it so much, where about's are you living now, have you moved far from your initial rental property? Did you find the schools easy to get the kids into? We've booked our flights and move over on 16 Sept! Clare x

Great news that you're enjoying it so much, where about's are you living now, have you moved far from your initial rental property? Did you find the schools easy to get the kids into? We've booked our flights and move over on 16 Sept! Clare x

Hi clare , we might be on the same plane as we are going at the same time. how are finding it for accommodation ,its hard to find anything at the mo, cheers jules

Hi clare , we might be on the same plane as we are going at the same time. how are finding it for accommodation ,its hard to find anything at the mo, cheers jules

If you are looking for a long-term rental, then you need to be here for that. There is a process of viewing, filling forms and waiting to see if the landlord choses you.

If you need temporary accommodation, you may find this site is cheaper than hotels or standard holiday accommodation. Having said that, Perth is not a cheap in any respect (as much as I adore living here!) http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/wa/perth

Hi mate, we used a company called relocate perth,the womans name is Edith and she was brilliant, when we got here we had trouble hiring a car and had no transport so when we got to the property her husband picked us up and took us to the shops to get some food in and lots of beer lol. If you want I can pm you her phone number and email. Most of her properties are up north and I think she had some places in quinns rock to mate!

Good stuff mate, good to hear. What work vehicle you got over there?

hey mate, i got a toyota hilux 3litre diesel, you seem to pay a premium for toyotas out here but thet are built like tanks and go on for ever ! they love their gas guzzling v6's and v8's out here but i had to be sensible as i do alot of miles.

Guest scrumpy

Can you offer me any advice?

Here goes Im 44, time served "excellent" plumber, however Im not off to chase the money in Oz, I just want a wage and really really fancy a change of work.

Anything over there for a hard working, reliable,practical minded, hands on bloke, dosent mind getting his hands dirty etc?

hi clare, funny enough we traveled around loads of different suburbs when we got here , north and south and decided we really liked where we was, we are in somerly near mindarie which is lovely.got the kids into school after two weeks , no prolem at all. where will you be staying?

Can you offer me any advice?

Here goes Im 44, time served "excellt" plumber, however Im not off to chase the money in Oz, I just want a wage and really really fancy a change of work.

Anything over there for a hard working, reliable,practical minded, hands on bloke, dosent mind getting his hands dirty etc?

Hi scrumpy, the worlds your oyster over here mate!! i know a couple of plumbers who come out here and got into installing air conditioning which is obviously big buisiness out here and pays well!! that could be an option for you .

Guest scrumpy

Cheers, luckily I dont have to find work asap,I just really fancy a change as were going for a change, Im sure I could get use to oysters!

Thanks again

Hi scrumpy, the worlds your oyster over here mate!! i know a couple of plumbers who come out here and got into installing air conditioning which is obviously big buisiness out here and pays well!! that could be an option for you .

Hi Jules, how funny is that! We fly from Heathrow with Malaysia, how about you? Accommodation is sorted, we booked with Let's-Perth, quite a while ago, there wasn't too much available back then, we've got the short term till 20 Oct so will have to find a long term rental by then. Good luck with your search, we're getting a bit nervous about the move now, it's not long! How about you? Clare

hi clare, funny enough we traveled around loads of different suburbs when we got here , north and south and decided we really liked where we was, we are in somerly near mindarie which is lovely.got the kids into school after two weeks , no prolem at all. where will you be staying?

Hi

We've got our short term rental in Mindarie as it seemed lovely round there. We contacted the school and hoped we could get them in there but my OH has got a job! whoo! they seemed to think that Mindarie would be too far out to live so we may have to look at living a little bit closer to the city. My OH is leaving for Oz in 6 weeks so he's gonna have to look at areas / houses for us. So glad your settled and loving it over there!

Keep in touch and we'll be joining you soon Clare

Hi, sounds really positive, we are hoping to get to Perth in August but with no jobs, no family, no home lined up I am feeling very very nervous, but we decided nothing ventured nothing gained so we're committed to giving it a go. I hope our experience will be as positive as yours, it what we been working towards for what seems like years now..... fingers crossed eh!

Hi Jules, how funny is that! We fly from Heathrow with Malaysia, how about you? Accommodation is sorted, we booked with Let's-Perth, quite a while ago, there wasn't too much available back then, we've got the short term till 20 Oct so will have to find a long term rental by then. Good luck with your search, we're getting a bit nervous about the move now, it's not long! How about you? Clare

Hi ,nice to hear from you, we have shippers coming and cant positively book anything as our house buyers have to sign with the solicitors, we are confident tho as their getting married soon so all should be good, we have been talking to benny blue boy who has pointed us in the right direction, hope all goes well for you all,:wink:

Hi guys,any advice much apreteated.

I'm 29 now and been a carpenter for 6 years.wanted to change career for the last year and just landed

Myself a trainee plumbing and gas engineer position.my plan was to qualify in uk get 3 years experience then apply for

Skilled visa but since I've started with this firm (1 mth) all the engineers do is moan bout plumbing,so not so sure if the (grass is greener) being a plumber,also plumbers need a licence to work in oz which is not cheap were carpenters don't.so I guess what I'm asking is do you think it would be worth retraining as a plumber or apply as a carpenter?

Cheers Jackson.

Hi guys,any advice much apreteated.

I'm 29 now and been a carpenter for 6 years.wanted to change career for the last year and just landed

Myself a trainee plumbing and gas engineer position.my plan was to qualify in uk get 3 years experience then apply for

Skilled visa but since I've started with this firm (1 mth) all the engineers do is moan bout plumbing,so not so sure if the (grass is greener) being a plumber,also plumbers need a licence to work in oz which is not cheap were carpenters don't.so I guess what I'm asking is do you think it would be worth retraining as a plumber or apply as a carpenter?

Cheers Jackson.

Hi jackson , if i were you id apply for a skilled 190 visa as a carpenter.if you want to train ad a plumber then i would do it in WA as theybdont really recognise uk qualifications out here so it would be a waste of time training.inthe uk ,then having to pay loads of money when you get out here to doyour WA licence.

As a chippy you can just come out here and work as long as you have a whi

te card.

Hi jackson , if i were you id apply for a skilled 190 visa as a carpenter.if you want to train ad a plumber then i would do it in WA as theybdont really recognise uk qualifications out here so it would be a waste of time training.inthe uk ,then having to pay loads of money when you get out here to doyour WA licence.

As a chippy you can just come out here and work as long as you have a whi

te card.

Thanks for the reply Benny,taken on board.

When you did the assessment did you have to do a cut roof? Just that I've only done 2

As we don't come across them any more.

Thanks for the reply Benny,taken on board.

When you did the assessment did you have to do a cut roof? Just that I've only done 2

As we don't come across them any more.

yeah mate, but it was tiny .......it was a scaled down model ,hipped roof built on a 8x4 sheet of ply but only one half of it, the common rafters were about 800mm long. so really easy mate! i think i still have the test papers and drawings if you want me to send them to you.

The other option is if your really not comfortable doing roofs is applying as a carpenter & joiner and the assesment is different , its more like running timber through thicknesers and doing scaled drawings.

yeah mate, but it was tiny .......it was a scaled down model ,hipped roof built on a 8x4 sheet of ply but only one half of it, the common rafters were about 800mm long. so really easy mate! i think i still have the test papers and drawings if you want me to send them to you.

The other option is if your really not comfortable doing roofs is applying as a carpenter & joiner and the assesment is different , its more like running timber through thicknesers and doing scaled drawings.

Cheers benny,Sound pretty straight forwards.yeah that would be great if you don't mind fording it on to me to check out.My E:mail ajchambers01@yahoo.com

Cheers

Archived