Document Cerification

cjenky

Hi all,

Can you share where you had your documents certified? I've seen on here that people have had this done by solicitors stating approx. £5 per document charge. Is it ok to use a regular solicitor or do I need to use a Notary Public? Notary publics have a set base charge of £90.00 but don't want to pay this if I can get this done by a regular solicitor. Can anyone shed any light on this? Just don't want to get this wrong, wasting both time and money!! Trying to emigrate is proving to be a very expensive hobby lol :)

Also does anyone know when we should expect the renewed CSOL? The wait is killing me lol

Thanks

We used an ordinary solicitor. £5 per document but we had a lot and in the end they charged us £35 for the lot when it should have been £60 or so. Was only 5 minutes work for him.

ETA - They stamped each copy with their company name and the solicitor then signed and dated each one.

hi, i agree with the others, it depends what you are going out to do in oz, if it is for nursing registration it needs to be a public notary or justice of the peace. i would assume if it doesnt tell you when you are applying for the registration boards/visa that it needs to be a public notary then you should be fine using a solicitor. hope that helps jess x

I used a local solicitor he did them as soon as I dropped them off, ready within the hour. There must have been 50 pages and he charged me a big fat zero.

He is however a good family friend so I bought him a nice bottle of wine.

Hi all thanks for your replies, I need to have documents certified for Vetasses for my skills assessment for a general occupation, from reading your posts I guess I should be ok with a good old solicitor??

Thanks again for the response

Hi all thanks for your replies, I need to have documents certified for Vetasses for my skills assessment for a general occupation, from reading your posts I guess I should be ok with a good old solicitor??

Thanks again for the response

My local pharmacist did all of mine for £15:00 bizarre but that profession is on list as acceptable!

Hi everyone

I need a notary public or justice of the peace to certify my documents for nursing... I see a lot of people have had quotes of £30-£50... I have been quoted £100! Could anyone recommend someone in Dorset, Somerset or Devon... I'm willing to travel a bit!

Thanks, Sam

I live in the city centre and when i approached a city solicitor the charge was extortionate. So I called around a number of solicitor in towns surrounding the city and managed to get all my documents certified for £20 :) near 100 pages

top tip: call regional solicitors and make arrangements for Friday just before lunch...its just lunch money for lawyers :twitcy:

Hello everyone ,

As long as you guys have color scanner you dont have to waste a single pound or $ for anything. Just scan it in Color and send it to your CO or attach it on documents checklist.

Regards,

Shugah

Hello everyone ,

As long as you guys have color scanner you dont have to waste a single pound or $ for anything. Just scan it in Color and send it to your CO or attach it on documents checklist.

Regards,

Shugah

Hi thanks for your response, it was certification of documents for Vetasses for Skills Assessment i was after, but that is good to know should i ever get that far lol. Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replies. I actually emailed Vetasses who have confirmed a UK solicitor is fine for certification of documents for Skills Assessment, they also confirmed the list on their website stating who was able to certify documents is only if you are in Australia. Thanks again for your replies. C

Hello everyone ,

Regards,

Shugah

This is not the case, not as my agent has told me anyway! All documents need to be certified colour or b/w as far as I've been told!

Colour SCANS are OK for DIAC without being certified if applying on-line.

If applying to DIAC on paper colour copies must be certified (go figure the difference really!)

Assessment bodies all have different requirements.

Who can certify differs by country and by body.

You need to check with whoever is requesting the documents to be 100% sure.

Archived