Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Just wondering, we've got our AHPRA approval and job offers. Still to arrange medicals and apply for our visa's.

We're being sponsored on 457's and are about to submit the forms. Do we need to get original documents verified

by a notary or can we scan and send ourselves. AHPRA took so long we just want to get this bit right.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Claire xx

Hi Flinty

Just to let you medical went well. Quick questionnaire on past medical history, ie any long stays in hospital, any extended stays outside the UK, any history of hep c and b etc. Had a blood test, height, weight, eyesight test, chest x ray and brief medical exam with Dr. All good on paper, upload to e visa takes 7 - 10 days.

Hi, Just wondering, we've got our AHPRA approval and job offers. Still to arrange medicals and apply for our visa's.

We're being sponsored on 457's and are about to submit the forms. Do we need to get original documents verified

by a notary or can we scan and send ourselves. AHPRA took so long we just want to get this bit right.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Claire xx

claire the place thats sponsoring you should be applying for the visa for you, all i did was scan my docs and send them on and they appear happy with it. i would contact your employer and ask them, hope this helps

Guest Tink99

Quick question, I'm British registered nurse appling for rego to AHPRA Adelaide Branch. My previous emplyment was in Dubai and I require a Good Standing Certificate to be sent from the DHA in Dubai to AHPRA directly. I'm living in the UK at the mo.

Has anyone requested this? If so how - the easiest way please considering dealing with the DHA is hard work!!!

Quick question, I'm British registered nurse appling for rego to AHPRA Adelaide Branch. My previous emplyment was in Dubai and I require a Good Standing Certificate to be sent from the DHA in Dubai to AHPRA directly. I'm living in the UK at the mo.

Has anyone requested this? If so how - the easiest way please considering dealing with the DHA is hard work!!!

i would guess its the same as you do here.

telephone them asking for the LOGS to be sent to the branch you want, then pay the fee online. sorry i cant help more

Hi all, we got our visa!! can't believe it!! all seems very real now as the process has taken so long!

looking forward to our new future, arranging our leaving party and now packing up our house, we fly out to Sydney on the 7/11/12 and start my new job on the 26/11/12

scared but excited!

Good luck to you all and hang in there!!

Jo

just to say i popped into ahpra sydney last tuesday to activate my registration (and they had to send it off to Adelaide as thats where I did mine)and got confirmation by email today I am officially registered as a nurse in Australia.. 8 days :)

just to say i popped into ahpra sydney last tuesday to activate my registration (and they had to send it off to Adelaide as thats where I did mine)and got confirmation by email today I am officially registered as a nurse in Australia.. 8 days :)

Congratulations!! Hope you are enjoying oz so far. All the best with your job x

Hi Guys

Wonder if any of you can help or had experience of this

We will be applying for AHPRA registration early next year my wife has a UK HE dip nursing with three years experience (know about the extras required from previous posts :biggrin: ie IV pack etc)

My question is once we have Registration does the UK Diploma (with extra professional experience) have equivalance to a degree for the DIAC points test?

DIAC says here

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/definitions.htm

>>Acceptable Qualification

Only study that has resulted in an applicant completing a degree, diploma or trade qualification can be counted towards an acceptable qualification. A degree includes a bachelor and any higher degree and advanced diplomas. Study not resulting in a degree, diploma or trade qualification will not be considered.<<

It looks like it might do just wondered if any of you know?

Thanks WR

Hi all, can anyone help me please. I have at long last got my APHRA confirmation letter to present when I arrive in Oz. The problem now being I applied to the Brisbane office, however things have now changed and we are looking to go to Perth. What happens to the eligiblilty? do I have to start the whole process again or can I transfer it?

Thanks in advance for any help x

Hi all, just thought Id type up my story so far its been a long wait...

July 2011 we decided to move to Oz ( me , husband and 2 kids), met up with a ruthless migration agent who cutting a long story short ripped us off £1000 and to date ignores our calls!!

Then we changed agency where I was told to sit an academic IELTS exam (horrible) then I had my skills assessed with ANMAC this took about 3 months to get, then I was told I needed to score 8 in all areas of the IELTS and on the reading exam I scored 7.5 gutted! So decided to do the sponsored 457 route. It has been a real long drawn out process and I haven't enjoyed it one bit!! In march 2012 I attended a seminar at Australia house in London where I met prospective nursing agencies who all promised the world and I handed my Cv out to them all but they all said that I would need my AHPRA registration first so end of April I sent off my application to the Brisbane office ( this was where I intended to live) this was a big mistake and took over 5 months to receive! they were very unhelpful on the phone and didnt bother to tell me they needed further documents until 3 months had passed! In the meantime I had many agencies in contact with me but they all said the same thing really in that sponsorship was very hard to find in Brisbane (I'm a Midwife) so after many weeks we changed our minds and decided to try NSW, I also changed agencies and went with ELMVIA Healthcare recruitment I have to say that they have been fantastic and found me interviews in places that we actually wanted to live as other agencies could only get me sponsorship in the middle of nowhere! in August I had an interview for a private hospital in NSW and the job appears to be fab, completely different to what I'm used to here with the NHS and I cant wait! we applied for the 457 visa on the 15th September and had already had the medicals done on the 1st September as my husband has a medical issue and we assumed they would be referred which they were, on the 24th Sept the medicals now say finalised and that's it we are now waiting for the visa to be granted, I have to say to everyone that moving to Australia is not a quick thing and also a very expensive thing to do so be sure you want to go, as for me I cant wait to go we have sold our house and I resigned today with a clause that if my visa wasn't granted I would withdraw my resignation! It has cost thousands but I know it will be worth it in the end. We have been led up the garden path and back but thank god for Elmvia recruitment as they have put me back on the straight and narrow and actually delivered what they promised! Fingers crossed that all will be well and the visa will be granted any day now!!

Very Inspiring.. Wish u good luck with everything...

Hi all, can anyone help me please. I have at long last got my APHRA confirmation letter to present when I arrive in Oz. The problem now being I applied to the Brisbane office, however things have now changed and we are looking to go to Perth. What happens to the eligiblilty? do I have to start the whole process again or can I transfer it?

Thanks in advance for any help x

I applied in adelaide and then ended up in sydney. i went to ahpra last tuesday in sydney with my paperwork and paid outstanding fee required.. they sent my paperwork to adelaide and i recieved email today ( 8 working days later) to say I am officially registered as a nurse in australia. hope this helps! :D

Archived