Official nurses thread!

Guest scots-in-oz!

you've said previously that you did only a 6 month Certificate in Nursing- this is not equivalent even to an Enrolled nurse course afaik- (your previous education does not count.) Where did you do this training?

As you've tried before it seems like AHPRA do not recognise this training as standard . Which country are you from?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Han ButlerSpelzini

Hey! This forum is fab, I've spent ages reading through people's experiences and advice!

Just wondered if anyone out there could help?!

I'm a band 5 nurse in England and wanting to emigrate to oz ASAP with my husband. I have received my letter of eligibility from ahpra and am now trying to seek employment and sponsorship before we move out there. I am constantly told that getting a job/sponsorship would be no problem and they're crying out for nurses but I'm finding it fairly difficult. Wondering if I'm looking in the wrong places?!

Any help or advice for would be fabulous and so greatly appreciated. anyone out there need an enthusiastic, young nurse?!

Hope it's lovely and hot out there for you guys... It's not so great in England right now :)

look forward to hearing back

thanks in advance

Hannah x

Freesia, do you understand the different between study and work experiences?I don't think so. By the way my study in Nursing was of 4 years.:laugh:

"I had mandatory schooling for 8 years (age 7-14), and than i was studyng in Secondary Nursing School for 4 years (age 15-19) and got Certificate in Nursing. I did the 6 months traineeship, so I got the licence too and i'm competent to work in Healthcare industry as enrolled nurse in all EU stetes."

Yep I read this summary of your "training"...........:eek: what is the name of your Nursing Qualification then? & which country? This might be why you don't qualify as far as Aus is concerned...

Hey! This forum is fab, I've spent ages reading through people's experiences and advice!

Just wondered if anyone out there could help?!

I'm a band 5 nurse in England and wanting to emigrate to oz ASAP with my husband. I have received my letter of eligibility from ahpra and am now trying to seek employment and sponsorship before we move out there. I am constantly told that getting a job/sponsorship would be no problem and they're crying out for nurses but I'm finding it fairly difficult. Wondering if I'm looking in the wrong places?!

Any help or advice for would be fabulous and so greatly appreciated. anyone out there need an enthusiastic, young nurse?!

Hope it's lovely and hot out there for you guys... It's not so great in England right now :)

look forward to hearing back

thanks in advance

Hannah x

Hi HBS...you'll never have a problem finding work as a nurse. What you probably need to do first though is identify an area where you want to live (it's such a huge place!) & narrow down your search from there. Identify the local hospitals & approach directly. or go to http://www.seek.com.au for jobs that might offer sponsorships. There will be other sites for heathlworkers but I'm not familiar with them...someone else might be along shortly to give you better advice, but trawl through http://www.google.com.au to start off with researching areas ,cities,employers,schools etc. the only othere issue is whether you would prefer a permanent Visa straight off ..many employers will offer a 457...but permanent sponsorship would be better...http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect. Good luck :cool:

Hi there folks

My husband is a RMN currently in a band 6 job and in his 5th year post grad. Does anyone know what grade and level of job he should be looking to apply for in NSW?

Also if anyone has any advice whether it is better to seek work in private hospitals vs gov health hospitals that would be great. He got his AHPRA eligibility letter last week - whoop whoop!! So now on to the big job hunt...

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

they will be looking to recruit for camhs, older adults and a picu after christmas which may also have free places on the adults here in NSW in box me if you want to pass your details on or need any help with a cv etc.. It is public health

Hi, Ive just joined this site :) am moving to Bundaberg to work as a surgical nurse on december 10th, start my job january 7th. VERY nervous and only now having doubts....too late to change my mind now!!!! Anyone else worked there or know much about the area? I've never been myself!

they will be looking to recruit for camhs, older adults and a picu after christmas which may also have free places on the adults here in NSW in box me if you want to pass your details on or need any help with a cv etc.. It is public health

Hi Delaneym - who are 'they'? Is it NSW gov health or a specific hosp? An agency has recently submitted my husbands CV to NSW gov health and are intervewing him in Dec. Any further detail would be great. Thanks so much.

Hello!

I just wondered if anyone could help me out with a query I have about the Academic Transcript that ANMAC need to see from uni. I've obtained two copies, both of which are stamped, but my agent suggests I also ask the uni to sign them too. He also said the name of the person who signed should appear and possibly their email + / - phone number too. I have contacted the uni to ask if they would mind doing all of this, and they were happy to do so. However they asked if ANMAC had a form that needed to be completed with the transcript and also asked if there was any specific wording that needed to be used.

I've had a look at the ANMAC site and can't see anything that even says the transcript needs a signature. I can't fault my agent so far - he's been very helpful, but I do wonder if he may be trying to cover all bases so that I'm not sending documentation backwards and forwards. We're still in the very early stages of the migration progress - I have my IELTS in January but am trying to get things organised early so that we're not panicking last minute. I just wondered if anyone else has had any experience of signatures etc. on the transcript? Any advice grateful received - thank you! xx

P.S. Sorry if this question has already been asked, this is quite a long thread to look through completely for answers!

Guest Happyme

Hi there, can anyone tell me where I can start looking for children's nursing jobs in Brisbane ?? I fancy starting out for 2 years ish and if I am settled stay out? Do any agencies sponsor for that time and what are they likely if anything to pay for ?? Or will I have to fund everything ?? Thanks Ros

Hello!

I just wondered if anyone could help me out with a query I have about the Academic Transcript that ANMAC need to see from uni. I've obtained two copies, both of which are stamped, but my agent suggests I also ask the uni to sign them too. He also said the name of the person who signed should appear and possibly their email + / - phone number too. I have contacted the uni to ask if they would mind doing all of this, and they were happy to do so. However they asked if ANMAC had a form that needed to be completed with the transcript and also asked if there was any specific wording that needed to be used.

I've had a look at the ANMAC site and can't see anything that even says the transcript needs a signature. I can't fault my agent so far - he's been very helpful, but I do wonder if he may be trying to cover all bases so that I'm not sending documentation backwards and forwards. We're still in the very early stages of the migration progress - I have my IELTS in January but am trying to get things organised early so that we're not panicking last minute. I just wondered if anyone else has had any experience of signatures etc. on the transcript? Any advice grateful received - thank you! xx

When we sent our transcripts we had a covering letter that gave our:

name, dob, dates of attendence, programme length,course ie Level 1 nursing programme

Then continued to Confirm all information given was correct, qualification gained, a breakdown of how many hours were completed theory and clinical and named the placement areas, also confirmed that the language of instuction for the programme was english. conclusion of their letter was their details - email/phone/fax if needed.

Hope this helps,

Sue

When we sent our transcripts we had a covering letter that gave our:

name, dob, dates of attendence, programme length,course ie Level 1 nursing programme

Then continued to Confirm all information given was correct, qualification gained, a breakdown of how many hours were completed theory and clinical and named the placement areas, also confirmed that the language of instuction for the programme was english. conclusion of their letter was their details - email/phone/fax if needed.

Hope this helps,

Sue

Thanks very much for that Sue, much appreciated. The academic transcript I received sounds just the same. Doesn't sound like they're after the signatures etc. I was advised to get. Thanks again :)

Guest ilove83080

Hi I just finished Registration Bridging Program for Overseas RNs. I need to find a sponsor. I am willing to take on any nurse job opening. Please message me if you can help.

Hi, I am a childrens nurse practising in the UK at the moment. I have received a job at Sydney Childrens hospital with sponsorship. I gained my APHRA last weekend and am now in the process of gaining my visa and booking my medicals. I keep reading about ANMAC, and skills assessments do I need to do this or not? Getting a little confused and don't want to miss anything? Has anyone gone through the sponsorship process before? Any tips you could give me would be truly grateful.

Thanks Katie x

This would be sensible, your employer may even sponsor you for pr after the 2 yrs. A lot do. The only risk on the 457 is if you're not happy or lose your job you have 28 days to find someone to take over your visa or leave the country. I too am going to sydney on a 457. Good luck x

Hi folks,

I am looking to move to Oz in September 2013 with my husband and am soon to complete my AHPRA application for registration. I have one query - if I receive my registration so soon before moving, do I need to prove evidence continuing employment/practice (like you do when renewing NMC's PIN?). I'm a bit worried that my registration will lie idle for months before I move and start working over there.

Thanks!

hiya

once you have submitted your forms to AHPRA it can take a couple of months for it to complete, they will then send you an eligibility to practice letter which gives you a year from the date of the letter to get to Australia and finalise registration so it doesnt matter if you dont go right away. You don't need to prove you have been working for the last year but once you get there provide evidence of your address, visa and letter of offer for job. hope that helps

Hi Guys

I have an interview with NSW Health next week for mental health nurse positions. Anybody got any interview experience they would be kind enough to share? From what I have been told they have multiple positions throughout NSW for all branches of nursing so are doing face to face interviews in the UK next week. I have some example questions from the recruitment agency but they are you basic strengths/weaknesses questions. Any other mental health nurses got any advise they would be willing to share? I think I am finding it harder because I do not know the exact position I am applying for (apparently they discuss what positions they have that they feel you would be suitable for at the interview).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Emma

hiya emma,

Not got many tips for you but i also have an interview next week here in the uk for new south wales, mines in manchester on tuesday. Im also finding it difficult although mine is for neonatal nursing, but i don't know what hospital it is for so cant research around it which is a struggle. getting very nervous now, just wanted to wish you luck!!

sam

Hi Sam

Good luck to you too. My interview is also in Manchester but on Wednesday. I am also finding it really difficult not knowing which hospital/type of ward (as there are very different kinds of wards in mental health) as I can't do any specific research. Hopefully this time next week we will both have some good news. Would be great if you could let me know what kind of things they ask you on Tuesday though.

Emma x

Guest lulum1986

For those of you who have done the APHRA applications did it take you a long time? Im looking to go to oz sept 2013. But ive been advised to do the application around march only because i havent done my IVs yet and havent long been qualified just to get a bit more experience under my belt. Xx

Archived