StevieF8

I wont comment on her as i dont know enough about her really, suppose i cant use my age as a excuse. I've just never been that interested in politics. I know quite a lot of people who absolutely hated her and are probably having a party tbh, i find it quite sad tbh because i just see her as a old women but like i say - i wasnt around when her policies were

if you had been around in the so called good old 80's you would have detested her ........the average class person was well effected by her , she ruined a good country hence the mass exodus to Oz ............

sometimes there comes a post you wish you could like 27 times, this is it!

Under normal circumstances I do believe in not speaking ill of the dead but......

in this case I'm sorry but she didn't give a toss about who she hurt while she was in power. She ruined so many people's lives, she really was an evil witch

if you had been around in the so called good old 80's you would have detested her ........the average class person was well effected by her , she ruined a good country hence the mass exodus to Oz ............

I know, the majority of people i know hated her and i do know the basics of what happened. My dad used to tell me. I've saw some of the jokes on facebook already aswell

I WAS around in the 80's and agree that some (if not most of her policies) were deeply unpopular.

I think the was she was hung out to dry by her own colleagues will have affected her more than any of the pathetic jibes now she is dead.

Not a supporter of hers by any means (my local mine closed down too) just find it utterly sick and vile that people can slag off the dead.

If you must gloat just be happy in your silence that she wont be around anymore.

Edited by barnsey10

Nobody saying anything that they wouldn't have said when she was alive.

yes, I feel for her family for what is a deeply sad time for them.

but why should the man in the street pretend to be upset that she is dead, she was the one that brought so much misery to every bodies lives. She knew what she she was doing.

What are we all meant to do now, suddenly decide she was the greatest leader ever? That she had all our best interests at heart.

you are who you are throughout your life, if nobody mourns you, then you weren't much of a nice person were you.

Mind your own business but old enough to what it was like living in Ireland in '79 and the 80's when Thatcher was in power and working then as well

It was a serious question. A lot of the vitriolic outpouring has been amongst people who weren't old enough to understand what was going on. People who were poisoned against the UK Govt by their parents. Sadly hatred goes down through the generations. As someone who avoided death at the Victoria Station bombing in 1991 I have no sympathy for the Irish whatsoever so it cuts both ways.

It was a serious question. A lot of the vitriolic outpouring has been amongst people who weren't old enough to understand what was going on. People who were poisoned against the UK Govt by their parents. Sadly hatred goes down through the generations. As someone who avoided death at the Victoria Station bombing in 1991 I have no sympathy for the Irish whatsoever so it cuts both ways.

I'm 50 ish so I remember what it was like, all too well. and like my first post said, we weren't all IRA sympathisers, we shouldn't have been all lobbed in together and called IRA scum. I stand by my original post, which I don't think was a virtriolic outpouring, the Irish have no love for Thatcher, she mistreated us all - we can argue the sides all night but I'm off for a run, but I'm glad she's dead and maybe thats a bit of history that can be laid to rest, for everyone.

By the way, glad you survived the bombing at Victoria Station - we are all survivors of that time

Edited by Legal angel

WOW...just WOW at some of the post on here...anyone would think the UK lived under a dictator.

The time for all this was when she retired....but celebrating the death of someone....sick

To be fair you started this thread, you must have been aware of the feeling of having been let down by Maggie in government.

At the end of the day I shall show as much compassion as what she did to Britain as a whole.

and for the record none of my family were in mining, shipyards, nhs or any of the other industries/services she killed off. But I do have enough of a head on me to see a country being screwed. Like now really but without the persona of anything really, dull dull Camerson and his sidekick whatshisface

To be fair you started this thread, you must have been aware of the feeling of having been let down by Maggie in government.

At the end of the day I shall show as much compassion as what she did to Britain as a whole.

and for the record none of my family were in mining, shipyards, nhs or any of the other industries/services she killed off. But I do have enough of a head on me to see a country being screwed. Like now really but without the persona of anything really, dull dull Camerson and his sidekick whatshisface

I thought thay there might be the odd comment, there usually is, but some of them are way over the top and whatever people thought about her, she left the country in a far better condition than when she took over

If Cameron loses the next election, will people wait 40-odd years to celebrate his death or will they celebrate when he leaves office?

For people to come out and say they have been waiting nearly 25 years for her to die since she left office and to 'celebrate' is sick and I'll bet some of the people saying these things weren't even born when she was in office.

I thought thay there might be the odd comment, there usually is, but some of them are way over the top and whatever people thought about her, she left the country in a far better condition than when she took over

If Cameron loses the next election, will people wait 40-odd years to celebrate his death or will they celebrate when he leaves office?

For people to come out and say they have been waiting nearly 25 years for her to die since she left office and to 'celebrate' is sick and I'll bet some of the people saying these things weren't even born when she was in office.

i was born and I was around, I'm a council house kid. What she put people thru was horrendous....where was her compassion?

Edited by snifter

She bought an election with the blood of brave men. She can rot in hell, and Blair with her.

WOW...just WOW at some of the post on here...anyone would think the UK lived under a dictator.

The time for all this was when she retired....but celebrating the death of someone....sick

i was born and I was around, I'm a council house kid. What she put people thru was horrendous....where was her compassion?

Because she stood up to unions, who had the country on its knees...and closing mines that were unprofitable

Yes people suffered, they always do when change is brought about, but they were suffering more before she came along

Guest scrumpy

With alot of, what I can only see as disgust towards Mrs Thatcher, how on earth did she win 3 elections and serve as PM for 10 years??

Will anyone else match that this centuary. because if they cant, they must be doing a worse job than she had!!

I really feel sorry for them and the remarks that will be left for these failures!!

Edited by scrumpy

Guest Ptp113

She typified the worst of the British. I might just make strip to Blighty so I can dance on her grave. Sha was a disgusting excuse for a human being.

Edited by ali

News just in....

She didnt just run the country , she saved it ......just looking at the mess she inherited in the late 70s .....( sounds familiar ).......i didnt agree with all of her politics ......but what a great leader and figurehead .

Her first love was for these islands , and their standing in the world .........under labour in the 70s , the place was a joke ..........she put us back on the top table

Guest chris955

Some uncomfortable facts for a few people I think but spot on. Yes it does sound familiar doesnt it ? :)

She didnt just run the country , she saved it ......just looking at the mess she inherited in the late 70s .....( sounds familiar ).......i didnt agree with all of her politics ......but what a great leader and figurehead .

Her first love was for these islands , and their standing in the world .........under labour in the 70s , the place was a joke ..........she put us back on the top table

Because she stood up to unions, who had the country on its knees...and closing mines that were unprofitable

Yes people suffered, they always do when change is brought about, but they were suffering more before she came along

In what way were things worse before she came along?