Is Sydney any cheaper than Perth ?

PomPrincesses

Guest guest17301

Hospitality..that's the word I was after....what a day it would be if people that entered others homes as part of their daily work never got offered a cuppa! I am always grateful for the offer, especially in Summer...sometimes even get a bit of cake...maybe I ought to take some change with me to offer?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30085

Im goin to ask Pabs where he bought his food flask from . . . . so I can buy the poor Nanny one . . . at least she could keep her gruel warm whilst she does a 12 hour night shift . . . . . .

Can’t believe this thread is still open......:err:

What is the salary you’ll be offering this person?

Last week all she could afford to eat after spending $700 a week on food was an onion & tomato sauce :laugh:

Given that the minimum wage is about $31,000 a year, a $16,000 a year pay rise will leave you abject poverty after paying the nanny

Ok been reading through this whole thread and couldn't help but add my tuppence worth :)

Firstly, as mentioned already, we all have different perceptions of what constitutes a good standard of living. We all have different perceptions of what constitutes extravagance etc etc so we all have to show a little latitude with peoples' personal accounts.

I lived in SE QLD between for almost 4 years between 2008 and 2012. I found QLD pricey compared to the UK (from a currency exchange perspective) but was able to live to what I deemed to be a "high" standard.

Now if, just if the cost of groceries in WA is 30% or even 50% more higher than the QLD, I still totally fail to see how anyone could spend $700 on a weekly shop and STILL go to bed hungry. I am sorry but most people would struggle to spend that much if they tried. Furthermore, a loo roll, one meal some snacks and milk for $200? Come one, the credibility of the problem disintegrates right there.

The first few weeks are expensive and "set up" costs can really distort the bigger picture. A joint income of $220000 is a LOT of money and even if one did manage to spend $700 a week on food AND say $750 a week on rent, there should still be plenty left. I suggest giving it a couple of months, get yourselves straight and see how it looks then. If someone can't manage on that amount of money, something, somewhere is wrong.

Gav

Guest JK2510
I can't believe I have just read every post on this thread - it was like watching a bad movie that I just couldn't bring myself to turn off.

The OP clearly has too much time on their hands.

:notworthy:

The OP clearly has too much time on their hands.

I’d imagine that her interview technique for a nanny won’tgo to well and she’ll have more time on her hands for her 3/4/5 kids.

Anyone got a recipe for beans on toast…….that’s of course ifshe can afford the beans.

As an employer you will have to request the Working with children check (WWCC), as it is the employers responsibility to get this. Be aware that in NSW when you request a WWCC it only covers NSW, so if a person commit child related crimes in other places of OZ they will not be known, I dont know how this stands for Perth, as each state is different.

It is most definitely a Perth thing I haven't come across this anywhere else. 4 local nurseries all expect snacks to be taken in by parents. So if that's the norm I'm certainly not going to be the only idiot who provides on shift meals. None of the hospitals do either so why would I

Work Christmas Day - the hospitals provide a free Christmas Dinner for Staff even in Perth

And the car crash keeps on running........its a lot of attention for someone posting as a nasty spoilt little madam......and who keeps yanking some posters chains......reminds me of a film with Jim Carrey................................................................"Liar Liar" :rolleyes:

As I said before thanks to those who actually took the time to answer the question. As for the rest of you in Perth Sydney or anywhere else you'd better hope I don't come across you on a professional basis.

Its time to grow up now. You have been caught out so many times telling stories, if you are going to at least remember what you have said. What you gony do bump us all off. If this is the kind of person you are I dont know how you manage to get invited to all these barbies, i certainly wouldnt want you as a friend. Actually you remind me of a woman who goes to our playgroup, and you know what, we laugh at her cos we know she is telling us sh*te half the time. Its sad an adult has to do this.

Guest The Pom Queen
As I said before thanks to those who actually took the time to answer the question. As for the rest of you in Perth Sydney or anywhere else you'd better hope I don't come across you on a professional basis.

Sorry but are you really a professional, don't mean to be rude, but when you forget what you have said from one day to the next it does make me wonder, especially when you don't know anything about your own children

Guest The Pom Queen
The nights we've gone to bed hungry of course we've got up the next day and bought more but that doesn't help at 10pm at night.

But you work nights, so don't worry about having no food in at 10pm :wink:

Archived