Is Sydney any cheaper than Perth ?

PomPrincesses

Really I have a thread going about designer jeans ? I don't own any jeans at all so that I'd like to see

A quote from your other thread about "the truth about how expensive Perth is"

"the clothes over here are just ridiculous a pair of jeans was $90"

Another of your outrageous statements. Quite a few people on here commented that you can buy jeans for $15 here. You won't care though if you don't own any.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holey moley! What happened to 'discuss the post not the person'? This is just a total bun fight and is cluttering my e mail account. Somebody get it closed now - please! Moving to Melbourne stop getting sucked in and get it closed. Please!

Holey moley! What happened to 'discuss the post not the person'? This is just a total bun fight and is cluttering my e mail account. Somebody get it closed now - please! Moving to Melbourne stop getting sucked in and get it closed. Please!

Well unsubcribe to the post then and you wont get any more, or turn your email alert off

Guest The Pom Queen

If the poster was a genuine member in need then the thread would have been closed a long time a go, however, this person is not who they say they are or pretend to be and if they want to come on a forum and troll as well as asking for opinions then they have to expect people to retaliate.

If you are getting your email account cluttered then you can unsubscribe.

Guest The Pom Queen
Surelyif they aren't a genuine poster then it should be closed? Weird set up. Will unsubscribe and you lot can enjoy playing like a bunch of three year olds x

I wouldn't say it's acting like 3 year olds I would say most of the members here are trying to get the true facts. People who are moving over here will take one look at her OP and think that they cannot survive out here if their wage isn't 20% over $220k per year, and that they to will be going to bed hungry which I am sorry is utterly ridiculous and the FACTS do need pointing out.

I wouldn't say it's acting like 3 year olds I would say most of the members here are trying to get the true facts. People who are moving over here will take one look at her OP and think that they cannot survive out here if their wage isn't 20% over $220k per year, and that they to will be going to bed hungry which I am sorry is utterly ridiculous and the FACTS do need pointing out.

This is very true. We all know how stressful and scary moving your life overseas can be and stuff like this (which let's face it, it pure fiction) can be very damaging. I am just curious as to the motives behind this. I mean, could you be arsed to go to so much trouble?

Gav

Explain why the sums don't add up then....

Wages - Taxes - Rent - Food = $1,700 a week left

( before your pay rise )

Yet you claim to be starving to death

That's the one no-one can work out :err:

And why you have a load of food in a morning to make breakfast, but nothing to snack on before bed

Edited by StevieF8

Guest JK2510

Being scared of the cost of living....yes it may seem expensive but in relation to wages it's all relative....the cost of living in Perth isn't a grocery bill of $700 a week...now that's just scaremongering....my food bill is no more than $250 pw for 5 and 2 dogs and we all go to bed at night not hungry...well the dogs might claim they do as they have hollow legs!!

At no point did I say we didn't have the means to go and buy more food if we cut the budget elsewhere. But having bought food one day and spent a substantial amount of money you don't expect to have to dash out the following morning and pick up even more supplies.

Reading this forum before we came out I'd budgeted $500 a week. That in my experience is unrealistic, now you cAn argue all you like but my experience is my experience so there's nothing you can do to change that. I accept that others will have different experiences what I don't do is call them obese or thick or tell them they are bad parents or call them liars.

well I did call one person thick but they deserved it.

Edited by PomPrincesses

Guest The Pom Queen
My eldest child got stuck in the uk for 7 weeks whilst we dealt with immigration those amature sherlock Holmes who really want to comb the site for my previous posts would have seen that discussion but no only the ones that suit are dug up. We have 4 kids and the MIL now at the time of posting there were 5 of us.

My field is medical I don't claim to be a dr or a nurs, medical is a pretty wide range.

There are other quotes re jeans that simply aren't mine.

As for others coming out and being scared of the cost of living. GOOD it might save somebody the misery we went through in the first few weeks.

Very strange a few days ago you were a recruitment consultant in oil etc and had been for 15 yrs. I would stick to the same story on each forum you visit.

I don't care how you shop, either spending $100 a day, $350 half way through the week, or $700 in one go

NO-ONE who spends that much on food in Oz 'Goes to bed hungry'

NO-ONE!

and if you have to "dash out in the morning to buy supplies", then perhaps you should develop some planning skills

I don't care how you shop, either spending $100 a day, $350 half way through the week, or $700 in one go

NO-ONE who spends that much on food in Oz 'Goes to bed hungry'

NO-ONE!

and if you have to "dash out in the morning to buy supplies", then perhaps you should develop some planning skills

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it doesn't distract from mine or making it any less valid.

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it doesn't distract from mine or making it any less valid.

Given that this thread has gone on for 40+ pages I am yet to see 1 person agree with you that $700 on food leaves you hungry...

If I was using this thread as a review on prices, then your opinion seems to be the exception and not the rule

Guest The Pom Queen
Given that this thread has gone on for 40+ pages I am yet to see 1 person agree with you that $700 on food leaves you hungry...

If I was using this thread as a review on prices, then your opinion seems to be the exception and not the rule

And with that said I think we can now close the thread. Anyone moving over from the UK please take this thread with a huge pinch of salt, if you are earning $220k a year you will live quite comfortably and you WILL NOT go to bed hungry