Is Sydney any cheaper than Perth ?

PomPrincesses

Guest The Pom Queen
Did I say full time Monday to Friday nine to five, no. If you read the ad it says full or part time do it could be many options.

And I didn't say it was 9-5, but full time would suggest it covered at least one meal.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Pom Queen
So for your youngest..presumably the nanny will be with him/her all day as you both work full time...will the child not eat?

No she said that lower down. Maybe she needs to put the hours in the job description

Guest guest17301

Strange kind of job if it wouldn't involve preparing at least one meal or snack? Even half a days care in daycare centres include at least morning or afternoon tea

Well you would be assuming incorrectly. The hours are from 8pm to 7am three days a week. So unless you want to raid my fridge at 3am I'd suggest most people would probably not require feeding or if they cannot wait for breakfast can bring it with them but it won't be provided in the basis that nanny isn't required to make it. This worked well with the previous nanny we had for 4 years no reason to believe anyone else would expect a free meal.

It's interesting though because the two local daycare nursery type places expect parents to provide a packed lunch, holiday clubs do not include snacks as they often did in the uk. Clearly food has an impact on the profitability of these places.

Guest guest17301

So you'd employ someone to look after your beloved children overnight...presumably you'd want them awake at least some of the shift...in your own home...and you wouldn't say..help yourself to a snack if you get hungry?? You'd expect them to bring their own?? I've worked many a night shift and always starving hungry in the middle of the night...would they need to bring a flask or will you provide hot water from the kettle...maybe they could bring their own teabags to keep costs down?

Guest guest17301

I also wouldnt consider it a 'free meal' more a considerate perk of the job....indicating a reasonable caring employer...if I were to interview for such a position alarm bells would ring if I was to ask re meals on duty and be told bring your own!

Guest guest17301

Lunch is included at the daycare I used to use for my son...$55 a day before any childcare benefit is applied...at after school care they get afternoon tea..session price $20.....toast and fruit in the morning, before school care

Oh I see, I wondered where I have gone wrong all these years when my employers have provided me with a salary, silly me I thought that was what I bought lunch with. No wonder we are struggling when others aren't if we are the only ones buying our own food, it all becomes clear ......

OMFG! Please do not encourage her - what a load of *hite! Obviously no right - either that or so far up her own arse knows better than everyone else! I dont know what she is doing on such a lowly forum as this, getting paid that much how does she have time! I suppose its keeping everyone amused but OP must be running out of comebacks - back to the gruel a few posts ago!

It's interesting though because the two local daycare nursery type places expect parents to provide a packed lunch,

I'm surprised at this...I wonder if it's a Perth thing? All the daycare nurseries I've known provide a cooked midday meal for the children and also provide morning and afternoon tea.

Well you would be assuming incorrectly. The hours are from 8pm to 7am three days a week. So unless you want to raid my fridge at 3am I'd suggest most people would probably not require feeding or if they cannot wait for breakfast can bring it with them but it won't be provided in the basis that nanny isn't required to make it. This worked well with the previous nanny we had for 4 years no reason to believe anyone else would expect a free meal.

Ah, more a sleep in babysitting type thing while parent/s out doing a nightshift. Those can work well if you find someone who perhaps nannies in the day and wants a bit extra on top or something. I've not done those full time or as a sole job as tbh I actually like to 'work' rather than sleep in. But I've done them in some jobs from time to time usually alongside daytime hours.

I'm surprised at this...I wonder if it's a Perth thing? All the daycare nurseries I've known provide a cooked midday meal for the children and also provide morning and afternoon tea.

It is most definitely a Perth thing I haven't come across this anywhere else. 4 local nurseries all expect snacks to be taken in by parents. So if that's the norm I'm certainly not going to be the only idiot who provides on shift meals. None of the hospitals do either so why would I

Guest guest17301
Lunch is included at the daycare I used to use for my son...$55 a day before any childcare benefit is applied...at after school care they get afternoon tea..session price $20.....toast and fruit in the morning, before school care

Not the norm at my local childcare providers in Perth Skani....probably not the norm at many tbh...

Guest guest17301
It is most definitely a Perth thing I haven't come across this anywhere else. 4 local nurseries all expect snacks to be taken in by parents. So if that's the norm I'm certainly not going to be the only idiot who provides on shift meals. None of the hospitals do either so why would I

Goodwill? Goes a long way

Guest guest17301
Oh I see, I wondered where I have gone wrong all these years when my employers have provided me with a salary, silly me I thought that was what I bought lunch with. No wonder we are struggling when others aren't if we are the only ones buying our own food, it all becomes clear ......

But isn't employing someone in your own home slightly different? Ive never had a nanny but I would have thought so....

I always give my window cleaner a cup of tea - usually with a biscuit, and the Nanny always had free food. My son's English tutor even gets a cup of tea and cake each week. If I am paying someone to look after the most precious thing I own, ie the children, in my home, then I would expect them to use my home as their own and feel comfortable there. if I trust them with the kids, I trust them in the house, and that trust deserves a cup of tea and a sandwich when ever they want!

So you'd employ someone to look after your beloved children overnight...presumably you'd want them awake at least some of the shift...in your own home...and you wouldn't say..help yourself to a snack if you get hungry?? You'd expect them to bring their own?? I've worked many a night shift and always starving hungry in the middle of the night...would they need to bring a flask or will you provide hot water from the kettle...maybe they could bring their own teabags to keep costs down?

Even when my daughter baby sits the parents either leave her a snack or tell her to help herself, my daughter also charges extra if parents are home after midnight - so i'm assuming that this nanny job will have a great salary and not the minimum wage with it being overnight hours.

Guest guest17301
Even when my daughter baby sits the parents either leave her a snack or tell her to help herself, my daughter also charges extra if parents are home after midnight - so i'm assuming that this nanny job will have a great salary and not the minimum wage with it being overnight hours.

I know, that's what I was thinking...I guess we don't all think the same...as shown by previous posts.

Guest guest17301
I always give my window cleaner a cup of tea - usually with a biscuit, and the Nanny always had free food. My son's English tutor even gets a cup of tea and cake each week. If I am paying someone to look after the most precious thing I own, ie the children, in my home, then I would expect them to use my home as their own and feel comfortable there. if I trust them with the kids, I trust them in the house, and that trust deserves a cup of tea and a sandwich when ever they want!

This is obvious and most of us wouldn't give it a second though, it's called human kindness not being an 'idiot'...I guess that's what sets us apart from oneanother...no one ever got rich by being generous did they..and after all money...lots of it...makes some peoples world go around:confused:

This is obvious and most of us wouldn't give it a second though, it's called human kindness not being an 'idiot'...I guess that's what sets us apart from oneanother...no one ever got rich by being generous did they..and after all money...lots of it...makes some peoples world go around:confused:

My mother told me it was called manners and hospitality Fiona - something I try to instill in my own children. As my signature says Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up

Archived