Wanted Down Under part of the filming what farce! DO NOT COME TO AUSTRALIA!

GreatToBeBritish

Its edited to get the viewers in and anyone who takes part must know that. To an extent we were the guinea pigs so didnt have a strict format or anything to follow, but its an experience and more than anything a laugh.. Im facying the Amazing Race next, entering as the 'token poms'!! lol... Now watching me and Gary argue our way around the world would make hilarious viewing,, step aside Karl Pilkington, the clampits are on the loose..lol

Cal x

Well this isnt in the editing, this person has blatantly lied and said they love it here and all is rosey and yet come on here and winge that they are broke and stuggling. Cant say its WDU's fault, if someone is prepared to lie for money! What a strange thing to do.:embarrassed:

Well this isnt in the editing, this person has blatantly lied and said they love it here and all is rosey and yet come on here and winge that they are broke and stuggling. Cant say its WDU's fault, if someone is prepared to lie for money! What a strange thing to do.:embarrassed:

Beggars belief.lol..... Some folk will sell their souls for money. As they say most can be bought if the price is right.

Couldn't help but notice in the OP's post their signature had

Short Term Accommodation fully furnished self contained flat Melbourne 3140 $350pw

They are moaning about how hard they are doing it and unless that flat is a friends and they are just doing them a favour, it looks like our OP is doing it so tough that they have an investment property. Could be wrong but interesting to find out.

Couldn't help but notice in the OP's post their signature had

They are moaning about how hard they are doing it and unless that flat is a friends and they are just doing them a favour, it looks like our OP is doing it so tough that they have an investment property. Could be wrong but interesting to find out.

Sounds pretty cheap if so. $350 self contained suggests all the mod cons available. Surely not in Melbourne?

They're good to watch these programs though- even if you do take it all with a pinch of salt. Most of the families shown seem really nice but you do get the odd doozie which is a bit of a laugh if nothing else. The doozies usually change their minds anyway.

I did the same earlier at $20 an hour but decided not to post it....then I found this

Australia's minimum wage is $15.96 per hour x 60 hours a week x 48 weeks of the year (assumed 4 week unpaid holidays) = $46,000 x 2 people = $92,000

($100,000 if holidays are paid)

Even after Super, Medi and Tax you have still got to be looking at a take home pay of $3,000 each

If you are working for a company that is only paying you for 35-40 hours a week and expecting you to work 20+ hours a week for free then its you own fault; a)for doing it & b)for not changing jobs

What an idiot you are! You have no idea of our circumstances.

Edited by GreatToBeBritish

If you are both working that many hours to make ends meet you must be living

a. Sea view area Sydney Harbour

b. Massive mansion in Toorak

Sorry but no-one struggles here on hours like that- you must be rolling in it!

Well we are in fact. And no we live in the Eastern Surburbs.

What an idiot you are! You have no idea of our circumstances.

I’m not the idiot running my life story on an open forum and then complaining about the responses I get

I never mentioned your circumstances; frankly I couldn’t care less about them.

I merely responded to someone else’s calculations to work out what the minimum wages would be for 2 people working 60 hours a week

Beggars belief.lol..... Some folk will sell their souls for money. As they say most can be bought if the price is right.

I was asked by a friend to go to her house as SHE was part of the WDU. I would not dream of saying that I did not like OZ etc because that would have not been polite in front of the camera crew and her Aussie friends etc. I am moaning out load, I suppose to PIO members which I am sorry I did ... that the filming was very staged. Of course my comment is not going to stop people from coming over .. it was a stupid remark which was made in jest. Not to be taken seriously.

What I objected to during the filming is that the film crew kept on telling all of us to say how life is great in Oz.

And YES they were being paid for the programme. I have no idea how much I did not, and would not dream of asking.

Life is very tough in my opinion in Australia.

I have forgotton how nasty and vicious people are on here sometimes.

Hi

What people have found hard is having to work 120 hours and still struggle. Of course noone knows your circumstances but under NORMAL circumstances that's just not right and that is what people commented on.

You say it was in jest but it really does not look like it and to come back and call people Idiots when he has actually shown intellect through his calculations is not right in my opinion.

You don't know his circumstances maybe he has a beautiful mind lol

Now can we go back to what this forum is about and not have a virtual bi*** fight.

Jason

Edited by jem32

How on earth can people get so worked up over a forum LOL. If I walked past you today who are you. I use to love starting a inflamed debate but stopped as realised I was really was upsetting some genuine members so lets just remember we are mostly face less people so why give a stuff what we say.

People quickly forget that it costs about £2,000 to simply move house withing the uk and that's if you are renting, probably costs ten times that if you are buying. A whole new life on thecother is going to take most people at least two years to recover from financially.

All I can compare is our circumstances and my husband was job hunting for 3.5 years in the UK and has a role in Perth within 3 weeks working a very normal 9-5 for 85,000 so that will do for now.

People quickly forget that it costs about £2,000 to simply move house withing the uk and that's if you are renting, probably costs ten times that if you are buying. A whole new life on thecother is going to take most people at least two years to recover from financially.

All I can compare is our circumstances and my husband was job hunting for 3.5 years in the UK and has a role in Perth within 3 weeks working a very normal 9-5 for 85,000 so that will do for now.

£2k to move from a rental to rental? We are moving next week and yes its costing a bit but no where near that.

Hi

What I meant was you have done nothing other than give an insightful breakdown of numbers which could be great information to lot of people.

Therefore having ago in my opinion is not warranted.

Its not as if you started calling anyone names lol

Jason