What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoke to Oh this morning ...... All being well, if he gets paid this week he will be booking my flight mid week.

I had. Real wobble this morning, but nothing to do with oz I think it is that I m still grieving for my doggie, and then worrying about leaving little dog and family. :cry:

Guest nikki35

Was going to Melbourne from July 2011. this changed in Dec as OH got an offer in Perth with a PR visa. Got job offer. I got 3 interviews lined up. AHPRA sent Fri. awaiting them to send it back with something not quite right. Suburb picked. Holiday home chosen, Schools enrolled into. and Zumba classes's found.... Ahem...Oh and the hairdressers of course....All the important stuff. Be out there in July...

Nic x

Guest nikki35
Hiya Nikki, just out of interest, which suburb have you selected? And how did you pick?! We are off a week on Friday, but not sure where we will end up renting.

thanks, Donna x

Hi Donna.

We decided on....Woodvale/Edgewater area. NOR. I like the look of Woodvale/Edg as older suburb low crime rates and great schools. Near to CBD/Lake Joondalup and only 15 mins maybe less to Mullaloo beach. Oh and close enough to everything else too. I just go on realestate.au and go on google maps and look around the areas....And they look nice.... (dont get me wrong we love Mullaloo/Duncraig too.... but more expensive I think. ? Maybe ill change my mind after im there but just a few people who i know live up that way and say its lovely.. (check Edgewater out on property street view....Looks like florida....ahhhh..

Hope that helps..x

Nic x

I have done nothing to get to Oz so far other than praying that my OH picks up his pace fast...he is so caught in his current job that he hardly finds time to apply...:(

I keep on nagging him about tickets being booked,house & car needs to be taken care off & the only reply to get is "hmm hmmm"...Maddening....

I have done nothing to get to Oz so far other than praying that my OH picks up his pace fast...he is so caught in his current job that he hardly finds time to apply...:(

I keep on nagging him about tickets being booked,house & car needs to be taken care off & the only reply to get is "hmm hmmm"...Maddening....

oh how frustrating!

Guest Chantel

The Lion King was amazing! had me teary eyed at the opening scene! Had a fabulous weekend with hubby for our anniversary and then after a weekend in London we headed back home to Bedfordshire last night. We had literally just got off of the M1 when about 5 young men all wearing black balaclavas ran out into the road one of whom fell over in the road and was nearly hit by the car just in front of us and we had to swerve, the police were running close behind them with more sirens wailing towards the scene!

Today, I AM going to post the forms and ID docs to Perth BDM and hope that they don't complain about the solicitor forgetting to sign them!!!

Guest Chantel

I find that when us women find ourselves in the leadership battle with our men, the thing to do is take affirmative action! Start all the balls rolling in a way that forces him to get moving! It might also be worth having a calm unbiased chat with him as he may be having doubts or concerns. If this is the case, try to be patient and understanding, and tell him also how you feel, how the move means to you, and write a doubled sided table of pros and cons with him and letting him think and contribute to the list as this will open his mind enough to get him going. All the best.

Chantel

I find that when us women find ourselves in the leadership battle with our men, the thing to do is take affirmative action! Start all the balls rolling in a way that forces him to get moving! It might also be worth having a calm unbiased chat with him as he may be having doubts or concerns. If this is the case, try to be patient and understanding, and tell him also how you feel, how the move means to you, and write a doubled sided table of pros and cons with him and letting him think and contribute to the list as this will open his mind enough to get him going. All the best.

Chantel

You hit the nail on the head there girl!! Let him think HE did philosophy works wonders!x

Aly

We heeee!!! Just got an email from Australia house about renewing my 155 (for the second time in the UK). I was scared to open it.... in fact shaking like a leaf...

Had to read it three times to make sure I got it right. Yes, my RRV has been renewed for one more year :biggrin:. Phew!

Archived