What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chantel
We got our Police Checks back this morning...Yipeeeee...one step closer!

Excellent! :biggrin: that's great, and thank you for reminding me that hubby has to also do his today. :wubclub:

Instructed estate agents today, taking a bit of gamble of online one at least for little while - saves soooo much, potentially! They're coming to do photos on Tuesday so hopefully live on www by next weekend, eek! Apart from that had all shipping quotes back - 3 virtually identical and 4th £400 cheaper - they all got the same list so think some bargaining in order but if not, know who I'm going with. Phew, a rare moment where I'm feeling on top of things!

Well, I wish I was as far along as tandcmum but I've been and chosen carpet to hopefully move house sale along, printed off a spider identification chart to start 'scaring' kids with and nudged hubby along to seek.com again. Still no contact from Dubai re the good conduct certificates :-(

Guest Duckymomo

Had viewing today and had to show people around myself as couple couldn't make original time and agent had another appointment, I already had house cleaned when I got call from agent so decided not to waste all my efforts cleaning and let them view at a later time. They were 45 mins looking around so if they decide to buy house I wonder what my commission will be????

Well, I wish I was as far along as tandcmum but I've been and chosen carpet to hopefully move house sale along, printed off a spider identification chart to start 'scaring' kids with and nudged hubby along to seek.com again. Still no contact from Dubai re the good conduct certificates :-(

Don't forget forget Snakes and Jellyfish as well!

Managed to finish putting up the Aquapanel in the bathroom yesterday and managed to strip the last remnants of plaster from the walls! Today I'm doing the preparation for rendering the walls and hopefully I will have the render on by the weekend!

Getting there mate, but please PLASTER the walls don't RENDER them or they will look shocking !! :rolleyes: I know I'm pedantic !

Thing is the car is worth about £14k here (if I can sell it for the full value) but the same car in Oz is worth about $35K, Defo worth taking if I can get over this stupid points system.

You could always ask Iron Chef for help, he is the car import expert and is usually on the chat sessions.

As for us:

While I was in France working yesterday we had 2 viewings. The first one didn't like the position of the house what it looked like from the outside or the inside layout :confused:- Why di they come round after seeing the pictures then ?????

Waiting to hear back on the second.

And for those nosy ones here is the link: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33067804.html?premiumA=true

Guest Duckymomo

Our Visa is granted, we've gone through all the emotions already and it's still only 9.34, now the real work begins. It's a 457 visa so I think we have to go within a month of granting, we'll know more later once agent discusses this with OH employer. Full steam ahead now.

Guest Duckymomo
You could always ask Iron Chef for help, he is the car import expert and is usually on the chat sessions.

As for us:

While I was in France working yesterday we had 2 viewings. The first one didn't like the position of the house what it looked like from the outside or the inside layout :confused:- Why di they come round after seeing the pictures then ?????

And for those nosy ones here is the link: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33067804.html?premiumA=true

Lovely house Chardy, hope it sells quickly for you and for a good price.

As for us:

Your house looks lovely!! Some people are just poo heads!!!

Decided that doing this alone is too much so have contacted a Migration agent and paid an initial fee of £120 and a MARA consultant will be contacting us in the next 3 days!! Very exciting stuff.

As for us:

Sorry I just don't like it, those walls should be Rendered not plastered Honestly! The best you can do to get yourself out of the situation is to run down to B&Q and get yourself a few rolls of Wood chip! If you really want to sell Change the Carpets,see below, and put an Avocado coloured bathroom suite

in. If you change your house to look similar to the one below you should sell it in about ......................................................................

82664_MJW2641_IMG_01_0000_max_620x414.JPG

Getting there mate, but please PLASTER the walls don't RENDER them or they will look shocking !! :rolleyes: I know I'm pedantic !

It might just be terminology in the UK but I know plaster to be Gypsum based and render to be sand and cement. I have taken all the plaster off of the walls and as they are a bit uneven I am rendering the walls before I tile. I cannot use Plasterboard or Gypsum Plaster as they will not hold the marble tiles which weigh just over 30kg a square meter and would just pop off!

Sorry I just don't like it, those walls should be Rendered not plastered Honestly! The best you can do to get yourself out of the situation is to run down to B&Q and get yourself a few rolls of Wood chip! If you really want to sell Change the Carpets,see below, and put an Avocado coloured bathroom suite

in. If you change your house to look similar to the one below you should sell it in about ......................................................................

It might just be terminology in the UK but I know plaster to be Gypsum based and render to be sand and cement. I have taken all the plaster off of the walls and as they are a bit uneven I am rendering the walls before I tile. I cannot use Plasterboard or Gypsum Plaster as they will not hold the marble tiles which weigh just over 30kg a square meter and would just pop off!

I seriously hope that's not your place mate !

Render will be fine in that case, didn't realise you were tiling over :wink:. Mind you, mine were porcelain and weighed similar and are hanging straight on plasterboard (with a lot of adhesive!)

Marble tiles..................you do know you're selling right !

Got feedback on the viewer we had yesterday... She can't afford our house, WHY come look then!! Get our hopes up for nothing!! So NO, that does not get us any closer to Oz... :cry:

You need to have a word with your estate agent and tell them to stop wasting your time with unqualified leads. It's their job to make sure they are seriously looking !

Your house looks lovely!! Some people are just poo heads!!!

That is indeed the case with these idiots - maybe the house in WWs photo is more their cup of tea !

I seriously hope that's not your place mate !

Render will be fine in that case, didn't realise you were tiling over :wink:. Mind you, mine were porcelain and weighed similar and are hanging straight on plasterboard (with a lot of adhesive!)

Marble tiles..................you do know you're selling right !

Yes it is my place great isn't it? I contacted BAL adhesives to get there take on the whether Ply or plasterboard would carry the weight, they told me not to even attempt it and that I should use Hardiebacker or Aquapanel. As for the Marble Tiles I actually bought it couple of weeks before I decided to seriously start the Visa process what a Plonker, anyway got them now might as well use them !

Just ordered the Skip for Monday ........ I hope its not going to backfire on me :twitcy:

Archived