What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well crap really today ...... Spoke to oh this morning who tells me that he is still chasing the relocation, :dull:

I now wish we would have waited and gone together, worked out a couple of days ago why I had no money, it has all been used to keep oh in oz.

Hopefully the money will arrive as I need it to pay for my flight, my dogs blood tests and shipping :arghh::arghh:

But if all else fails I can use my ISA to subsidise the trip :arghh::arghh: but that doesn't mature until the end of April .......... I am so fed up, really lonely, and peed off with myself for allowing him to go without me .....

Guest Duckymomo

Hi Shoes, we'll have a container going next month and there's a little space left if you want to stowaway but you'd probably get there quicker if you wait till you can book flights.

Hi Shoes, we'll have a container going next month and there's a little space left if you want to stowaway but you'd probably get there quicker if you wait till you can book flights.

Thanks for the kind offer.

Our stuff will now be there before me, why did I do it that way around, should have used the money to sort my flight and the dogs out ...... Originally there were two, but one had to be put to sleep two week ago. And then shipped the furniture when they paid

up.:arghh::arghh::arghh: hindsight is a great thing.

I am a bit down at the moment, so probably best guys if you just all ignore me x

Guest Duckymomo

It's understandable so don't feel bad about having a moan or a bad day, that's what we're here for. Hopefully you'll be reunited with your OH soon, and it'll all be worth it. How is your dog doing without it's partner, can't be easy for him/her either. I followed your thread about having to put your dog down so know you must be having a difficult time right now. Fingers crossed for you that it all gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the kind offer.

Our stuff will now be there before me, why did I do it that way around, should have used the money to sort my flight and the dogs out ...... Originally there were two, but one had to be put to sleep two week ago. And then shipped the furniture when they paid

up.:arghh::arghh::arghh: hindsight is a great thing.

I am a bit down at the moment, so probably best guys if you just all ignore me x

Hey gill, sorry to hear you are so down :hug: things will click into place soon and you'll be in oz xx

Going to email oh now ..... I have a plan .... My mil offered to look after little dog so I may take her up on it, just spoke to animal courier who said this should not pose a problem.

I will miss her, but at least she will only have one month quarantine this way.

I am staying in my late parents house ..... Which is not helping me one bit, too many memories,

My mil is really good for her age, which is good.

So fingers crossed oh likes my plan ....... At least it might save us some money .....:arghh::arghh:

that sounds a good plan, see what you can do x

Done it ...... Just sent a pleading email ......... I can fly back on what we would be paying in quarantine at 40 plus dollars a day for 56 days ..... A no brained really, but I will miss her, and feel guilty, but she would be better with mil than quarantine, if I play my cards right I can be back in the uk when she departs in April. X

Guest Spencer

Sorry guys but I got to say ! What I have done today !

Gone and got my visa 176 woop woop woop

Gona open that champagne ! Then onwards with the organising !

Can't bloody believe it !

Thanks all on PIO thanks

Spencer

Guest Spencer

Thanks all on PIO thanks

Spencer

Thanks all on PIO thanks

Spencer

Awesome ...

Good things come to those who wait ...

just checked ebay sales , theyre doing quite well , more than i wanted on some items , would like a little more on others . so all things considered its all good .

Pitty the money will just be paying the mortgage this month and not used for a one way ticket down under !!

My day will come :-)

lee

just checked ebay sales , theyre doing quite well , more than i wanted on some items , would like a little more on others . so all things considered its all good .

Pitty the money will just be paying the mortgage this month and not used for a one way ticket down under !!

lee

what you selling on ebay fabby?

Guest Duckymomo

Thanks all on PIO thanks

Spencer

Hey Spencer, It's so good you said it twice. LOL

When do you leave? See ya in Perth mate.

Just phoned the aussie passport office to book mine and my son's passport appointments only to be offered an appointment for this Thursday....I WISH I was ready to do it this Thursday!!! I though I had to book a month in advance...so made appointment for March, should be ready for then. Any which way, OUR APPOINTMENT IS BOOKED!!!!!! :jiggy::wink::jiggy:

Hey Hun, my post was probably confusing. I meant you can't book further than 1 month in advance. What am I like!!! Got mine in March too. May even bump into you there :0)

AC

lee

I love how positive you are Lee!

AC

Guest tandcmum

well i have spent the day in bed (i'm on nights so i do have a valid excuse) however things have still been happening in my absense. Spoke with our landlords today and it happns they were going to sell our flat anyway so it works for them, they are going to do us a reference for Oz and they would have no intentions of making us to leave before we are due to go, in return we are going to help them anyway we can with viewings etc.

we've had a good quote from one of our shippers for an eighth of a 40ft container which we are happy with, just waiting on another couple of quotes.

hubby is going to make a start on selling all our stuff next week whilst i sleep the week away!!

You could always ask Iron Chef for help, he is the car import expert and is usually on the chat sessions.

As for us:

While I was in France working yesterday we had 2 viewings. The first one didn't like the position of the house what it looked like from the outside or the inside layout :confused:- Why di they come round after seeing the pictures then ?????

Waiting to hear back on the second.

And for those nosy ones here is the link: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33067804.html?premiumA=true

I am using ironchef, I was trying to save a few pounds and apply for my import licence myself. Think I've got issue sorted. House looks good all the hard work seems to have paid off, hopefully you get a buyer and they pay the asking price.

We've got our first 2 viewers tomorrow so here's hoping, http://www.clydeproperty.com/buying/clackmannanshire/tullibody/macalpine-court-muirside/6118.html

Archived