What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest asaandanirish

bought travel/health insurance! now waiting for police checks then agent can submit our 457 via application! feel like i am getting somewhere!

just got credentialing with the mental health board so hubby can get mental health nurse recognition and do medicals!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had estate agent round taking photos. Have to say place looking lovely but not been this tidy for years but somehow gotta keep this up for the viewings! Hopefully will be live on web by weekend, then I'll be joining those of you in the house selling waiting room. Fingers crossed there's lots of offers on way for us all. Oh, and my 1st round of eBay selling closes tonight, bids looking good.

Got shot of 4 spare fence panels via EBay so that's a slightly tidier garden and more cash this month :ssign19:

Having a tough week so far with our emotions.......so daunted by what needs to be done still but can't work out when with the house still around our necks - I know it's only been on a week or so but negative viewings are hard to take when we literally put blood sweat and tears into building it :frown:

Got shot of 4 spare fence panels via EBay so that's a slightly tidier garden and more cash this month :ssign19:

Having a tough week so far with our emotions.......so daunted by what needs to be done still but can't work out when with the house still around our necks - I know it's only been on a week or so but negative viewings are hard to take when we literally put blood sweat and tears into building it :frown:

I know how you feel, house has been on the market for 5 months at least you are getting viewings!! We've had 3 in total, that's not even 1 a month. :sad: You've just got to stay positive, at least ebay is working for you. I put loads of toys on gumtree, but it seems no one wants 2nd hand toys, even though they are still basically brand new and less than half what you would pay in the shops!! :em3600: I may just put them in the container and have a garage sale when we get there, apparently the Aussie's love garage sales...

Thanks! Not that confident, just didnt use them. I found the stuff online more helpful to be honest, so hope someone else gets more use!

Hows your application going? Actually, just noticed, your flying!!! Wow, congrats! Where you heading? x

Like the confidence! Am sure you have done well with it. X

Guest Chantel

Posted docs to Perth BDM by special delivery. Hopefully get that registration document by the beginning of next week then I will phone the good Aussie Passport people to bring forward mine and my son's renewal appointment! :biggrin:

Oh finally got round to sending me the email he promised to send this morning, very long winded, he had asked me to reply ............ I have ......... My email was very short it just said

JUST DO IT ............. :confused:

I m running out of silly excuses ............ Nerves and leaving my family behind plus little doggie has got the better of me.

Guest Spencer

Book the first of our shippers to come around to give us a quote! Also told work I will be leaving in August and told my Dad! Now feel like @hit but that's life!

But can't bloody wait to get to Australia.

After sending DH in to get docs signed the gard decided after much debate and DH having to get me on phone to sign them whilst being very rude! :mad: Then decided half way through that he wasn't signing the rest of them!! What a poo head!!!! :ssign1:

So now he has to go in again later when poo head is off duty and hope that whoever is on duty isn't such a poo head!! :skeptical:

Guest Chantel
Spoke to agent 'trying' to confirm Sydney or Washington, she still has no idea?????????????? please let get things rolling

Goodness! getting the right continent could be a very good start! Hope things pick up for you.

Guest Chantel
After sending DH in to get docs signed the gard decided after much debate and DH having to get me on phone to sign them whilst being very rude! :mad: Then decided half way through that he wasn't signing the rest of them!! What a poo head!!!! :ssign1:

So now he has to go in again later when poo head is off duty and hope that whoever is on duty isn't such a poo head!! :skeptical:

Hopefully the next person will be a sweet smelling flowery head full of helpful demeanor and knowledge.

Guest Chantel
Oh finally got round to sending me the email he promised to send this morning, very long winded, he had asked me to reply ............ I have ......... My email was very short it just said

JUST DO IT ............. :confused:

I m running out of silly excuses ............ Nerves and leaving my family behind plus little doggie has got the better of me.

Don't let go of the faith that drove you to this point in time. Faith = hope for a better future for yourself, your husband, and even your little doggie frog (my endearing term for 'whoof - a - roos' :cute:), Your future in what ever context is in Australia, therefore, there is no gain in procrastinating. Book your flight and reunite with your lover and best friend, share the image of the stars hand in hand under palms with your destiny before you. Your life awaits you...let go of the safety railings and step out in faith. :yes:

Done nothing much today in terms of getting ourselves to Oz front today, however, we were looking at houses and researching a lot of different things on the internet yesterday and daydreaming hahaha! Does that count??

Father in law came over a few minutes ago and there's this huge drama with my brother in law and his girlfriend just makes me want to go now! Sigh...

Thanks! Not that confident, just didnt use them. I found the stuff online more helpful to be honest, so hope someone else gets more use!

Hows your application going? Actually, just noticed, your flying!!! Wow, congrats! Where you heading? x

We are off to Perth in 10 days. Can't quite believe it! Just along the road from you in Bathgate at the moment though. Flying from Edinburgh next Friday. Had leaving night from work, and finished up, so all feeling more real now. Hows things going for you, what are your plans?

Donna x

had another couple of shipping quotes so just need to decide on which one now. Hubby has been making progress with selling the business too

All coming together for you now. Are you still on your run of nights? We have picked Crown, who are coming on Monday to pack us up.

Haven't done much lately, started a new job on Monday and had hoped to save a bit for the move to Perth in July and we get hit with a £1000 bill for my wifes car that broke down on Sunday:mad:

Oh No, i can sympathise with you there, my clutch went on my 2 year old SAAB, had to be towed home, just had to be the only time i popped out to Tesco to put a ticket on the Euro with no coat, phone or bag!!! it was freezing waiting for the tow truck. i also had my 7 year old with me too. Luckily for me it was covered under warranty.

We are out of warranty but the car is only 4 years old and has done less than 30K and it's a BMW so you would think it would last longer than that:confused:

You would think so...we had a BMW cabriolet in 2005 and the hydrolics in the hood went, the BMW garage wanted to charge me 2k for the privaledge, it was only 18 months old, they said i had to pay and then claim it back! anyway to cut a long story short i didnt pay, i sought the help of their national helpline...i got rid of it soon after that. Didnt expect it of SAAB either, i guess they are all as bad as each other!

Hope you get it sorted, is that the car you are taking with you?