What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

I peed into a pot, striped off in front of a stranger, got prodded in intimate areas and for the first time saw an X-ray of my insides. Then handed over my credit card for the experience! Medical completed, one step nearer hopefully....

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I peed into a pot, striped off in front of a stranger, got prodded in intimate areas and for the first time saw an X-ray of my insides. Then handed over my credit card for the experience! Medical completed, one step nearer hopefully....

one of many hoops we all seem to have to jump through to move 10,000 miles away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hosted not one, but two, leaving parties at the weekend and have said all final goodbyes to all our friends in the UK. Many came from distance and some haven't seen in years. Quite emotional (and costly) but glad we did it. Now hoping we can exchange contracts on house finally today as the packers arrive on Wednesday and we are out the next day. A mere 8 days left in the UK now so spending time with relatives on our last weekend (those goodbyes will be tougher).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I've read an email from tradeassess and that's it! Feeling like day to day life is seriously getting in the way of my progress with things! Realistically things wouldn't be going any quicker if I hadve made more progress today, we are ultimately restricted by items outside of our control but doing something towards the move even if it's somewhat premature makes me feel like the dream is still alive, I want to be one step ahead not chasing my tail and a new stressful job is getting in the way of that plan!

Moan over. Tomorrows a new day, aiming to perhaps action the email I read today, small steps are better than no steps right =)

Today I've read an email from tradeassess and that's it! Feeling like day to day life is seriously getting in the way of my progress with things! Realistically things wouldn't be going any quicker if I hadve made more progress today, we are ultimately restricted by items outside of our control but doing something towards the move even if it's somewhat premature makes me feel like the dream is still alive, I want to be one step ahead not chasing my tail and a new stressful job is getting in the way of that plan!

Moan over. Tomorrows a new day, aiming to perhaps action the email I read today, small steps are better than no steps right =)

it is frustrating and stressful but so worth it in the end ...

• 3 months later...
Moved my wife's visa onto her new passport.

Started thoroughly cleaning the house ahead of handing it back to the landlord, and we had prospective new tenants come an visit the property.

11 weeks to go :-)

now the excitement really starts ... Good Luck with your new life ...

Booked our medicals, £640 for 2 people =O!!!! Do prices vary or are they all much of a muchness? I wondered whether I should ring one of the other options and compare....

They vary depending on where you go. Our nearest was Cardiff but we saved £120 (even after after the extra fuel) by going to Maidenhead.

Archived