What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

I've given up my rented home of 14.5yrs and moved back in with my mom [emoji15] I am now looking for a room to rent nearer to work to allow me to save ready for the move and paying all the visa costs. ( still 2 yrs off for me)

I wish that were an option for me! Shame my parents and work are miles apart.

Itll be weird living at home to begin with but it'll be all worth it in the end when you're able to save more!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that's so exciting! Where are you heading?

I booked my medicals today :)

Im heading to Melbourne on the 27th of April can't wait! Moving by myself but I've as good as got a job lined up already and am just looking for accommodation as we speak so happy days:wink:

• 3 weeks later...

A bit sad to be leaving my house. Been here 30 years and have lots of history/memories but excited at the same time.

We are going out for dinner tonight for a cosy celebration, just the two of us :wink:

Had my medical today, pretty sure it's going to get referred :( they've sent my urine sample off for further tests and having read through some other threads of people in similar situations, it seems inevitable that even more tests will be required! Bummer.

The process of emigration seems for the most of us to be long and drawn out, sometimes it feels like we are not going anywhere fast and procrastination becomes the name of the game, along with excessive PIO use. So I have decided to motivate myself and others into getting our B hinds into gear to ask ourselves the following question "What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?" it does'nt matter how small the task was just let us know what you have done, post a pic or 2 for further evidence:yes:

Today I booked my second attempt at the IELTS exam! Hard trying to study whilst working full time and being mum taxi. The reading was the section I flunked! 6.5! I need to do the whole thing again. Oh! And I've been trying to do lots of practice . Really worried I'll mess up under time pressure! :wacko:

Today I booked my second attempt at the IELTS exam! Hard trying to study whilst working full time and being mum taxi. The reading was the section I flunked! 6.5! I need to do the whole thing again. Oh! And I've been trying to do lots of practice . Really worried I'll mess up under time pressure! :wacko:

Good luck Birch, hope it goes well for you.

Metoo x

Finally signed a contract with our pet relocation company and we are set to get the rabies titre test done on Tuesday! My bf passed the IELTS exam with perfect scores and so it looks like we will be applying for our 189 visa with 75 points! That will probably be in a few months, he is working on getting the ACS assessment done here pretty soon.

Got my grant yesterday, now need to actually think about all the practical stuff regarding the move! For years I've been mostly focused on the visa application process itself and it feels so surreal to think that it's all actually going to happen now :) I feel a mega list coming on ... :P

Congratulations Atlas.

I resigned from my job yesterday making this whole process very real now - first time I've resigned without another job to go to, 3 months notice period, then a couple of weeks sorting stuff out before mid Sept leave date for Brisbane - hoping to get a new job ASAP thereafter.

Congratulations Atlas.

I resigned from my job yesterday making this whole process very real now - first time I've resigned without another job to go to, 3 months notice period, then a couple of weeks sorting stuff out before mid Sept leave date for Brisbane - hoping to get a new job ASAP thereafter.

I resigned from my job last week and they persuaded me to give 1 years notice!

Archived