What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Submitted an application to South Australia for sponsorship for a 190 visa......here's hoping they keep to their published timescales of 4 weeks AND that they invite me!!

Time is rapidly running out before my birthday in April :eek:

South Australia.... Beautiful place.... Would happily live there in a heartbeat.

Fingers crossed for you xx

• 2 weeks later...

Telephone interview - 10pm Sunday night :-) done.

Have to say I prefer a face to face interview, but very glad to have the opportunity to interview before I get on the ground in Melbourne in 5 weeks time.

Fingers crossed I make it to the next round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. Glad you got connected!

Telephone interview - 10pm Sunday night :-) done.

Have to say I prefer a face to face interview, but very glad to have the opportunity to interview before I get on the ground in Melbourne in 5 weeks time.

Fingers crossed I make it to the next round.

All our belongings were collected by Pickfords today. They'll be hitting the high seas sometime next week.

Was a really easy process and I was surprised Pickfords were the cheapest.

Also arranged a second interview for Monday, and a first interview for another job on Thursday [emoji16]. Hopefully one of them comes off and I can relax and enjoy my last 4 weeks in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Pom Queen
One week in living at my mums. 3 weeks to go until we fly.

The next 3 weekends are full of leaving drinks and meals. Relaxing one this weekend.

Wow it seems to have been a long time coming but glad you are nearly here. Hope the goodbyes aren't too hard.

Completed and returned all of the forms to the solicitor for our house sale. It has gone fairly smooth until I discovered that the builder never bothered to complete the gas safe certificate :mad: I now have the battle of getting them out to do it 3 years later... This is what happens when the dear hubby says he wants to be in charge of the paperwork :rolleyes:

Speaking of the hubby, he handed his notice in at work on Monday. He has to work three months notice, so it was a needs must if we want to keep the June deadline. He has also opened up a communication line with the companies division in Aus. A job with them is looking less and less likely (I dare not say I told you so) but I guess it does not hurt to ask. It also means he has some contacts for when we arrive, who knows who and all that *fingers crossed*.

Anyway, its another day closer to the move :jiggy:

Tommorrow I will leave the house with a job, a car, a mobile phone, a laptop.

I will return home in the evening with none of those things. (should point out.. its not even my own home).

Shits getting real :-) 4 days time i'll be at the airport waving goodbye to my mum and sisters all set for a new life down under.

Dropped some paperwork off at solicitors to be verified after being returned from agents. Towards skills assessment .ORIGINAL bank statements that need verifying. Hope originals would be fine. DAAAAAAAAARNNNN.

Next is to either book IELTS or Book a PEARSON test. The later PEARSONs test ???????

Is anybody familiar with this as I understand it's a lot Newer.

Tiny steps but a step forward is better than a step backwards.

Hi all,

5wks before the big day, ordered our austrailian SIM cards today so one less thing to do when we arrive! Counting down the days now ✈️

The last few weeks will fly.... Lots of luck with everything it is a scary but exciting time.

Cal x

Completed and returned all of the forms to the solicitor for our house sale. It has gone fairly smooth until I discovered that the builder never bothered to complete the gas safe certificate :mad: I now have the battle of getting them out to do it 3 years later... This is what happens when the dear hubby says he wants to be in charge of the paperwork :rolleyes:

Speaking of the hubby, he handed his notice in at work on Monday. He has to work three months notice, so it was a needs must if we want to keep the June deadline. He has also opened up a communication line with the companies division in Aus. A job with them is looking less and less likely (I dare not say I told you so) but I guess it does not hurt to ask. It also means he has some contacts for when we arrive, who knows who and all that *fingers crossed*.

Anyway, its another day closer to the move :jiggy:

Wow, I missed this post. Congratulations on the sale of your house. Time will fly now.

Hope all goes smoothly with the move. Are you shipping all your stuff with you? We brought everything with us and are very glad we did.

Anyway, keep on going, you're nearly there :jiggy:

Wow, I missed this post. Congratulations on the sale of your house. Time will fly now.

Hope all goes smoothly with the move. Are you shipping all your stuff with you? We brought everything with us and are very glad we did.

Anyway, keep on going, you're nearly there :jiggy:

Thank you :wubclub: the house sale has happened quite quickly, we had two offers on the same day (typical). Now just keeping everything crossed until we exchange contracts. We are bringing most of our things as they are still fairly new, I have some shipping agents coming in today to quote. Hoping we can fit it all in a 20ft :wub:

I hope you are ok? Xx

Thank you :wubclub: the house sale has happened quite quickly, we had two offers on the same day (typical). Now just keeping everything crossed until we exchange contracts. We are bringing most of our things as they are still fairly new, I have some shipping agents coming in today to quote. Hoping we can fit it all in a 20ft :wub:

I hope you are ok? Xx

Yes thank you, we are doing OK. 6 months already, I don't know where the time went. I will do a proper update soon but I will say it's a bit of a roller coaster ride. Christmas without you loved ones is hard but the next minute you're standing on a beautiful beach or driving into the mountains for a picnic and you just think wow.

Tomorrow we are going out with some good friends for Easter brunch, then back to their place to watch a movie and have a few beers. It is so important to make an effort with friends because they kind of become your family. We have a mixture of both Ausie and British friends here and there is a lovely couple who live about 10 minutes walk from our house who we have met through PIO. They fed our cat while we were away for a few days (if you're reading this, you know who you are, thank you).

Anyway, good luck, I will look forward to hearing about your adventures, it's a brave thing you are doing but if all goes to plan it will be so worth it. XXX

Archived