Leaving because of racism experience

Guest jininiel

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm beginning to think that for some people, the worst crime is racial abuse, followed by murder, and murder is excusable if it's in response to racial abuse.

Murder in second place? Never - the same "some people" think there are much worse crimes than that. Being a banker for example is currently high up their list.

I have no idea who or what kelis is, apart from being an American female. Taking the 'American' bit into account, I'd say she's not the most reliable witness ( thinking only fools and horses in the USA) when saying that this bloke was english. Could've been Australian, Irish, Scottish, welsh, south african, kiwi, Zimbabwean....need I go on?

That's what I was thinking. I'd never heard of her before tonight but I already know she is thin-skinned & humourless & thinks that because she is famous (sic) she deserves special treatment and should not have to suffer queues and the like!

Guest Guest 47403
That's what I was thinking. I'd never heard of her before tonight but I already know she is thin-skinned & humourless & thinks that because she is famous (sic) she deserves special treatment and should not have to suffer queues and the like!

Has she got a new album to promote? This should work a treat.

All countries\communities have elements which are unsavoury but some posters keep on harping on about the "others" in australia are bad and not mentioning the rascim in the anglo-saxon community. Yes racism just isnt whites on black but in any country which has majority of any one race they tend to be the ones who make the racist comments.

Some of the worst racism is amongst the various minorities in both UK and Australia and there is no sense of shared injustice against the evil whites.

But then why should we be surprised when so many 'minorities' come to Aus & UK to get away from the racial violence that racks their own countries, but then think it's their right to continue their feuds.

The PC brigade always excuses this behaviour and usually blames it on white colonial imperialism anyway.

The sad thing is they never then have to take any responsibility for their actions being able to blame 'us' in perpetuity.

Of course, 'we' are not allowed to blame our own 'crimes' on the exposure 'we' suffered for centuries from various invading, imperialist, conquerors - eg, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Norsemen, Normans, and, had they been successful, Spaniards, French & Nazi Germany!

It is always our fault and that is the way it has got to be. What can we do to attone for our crimes? Nothing. No amount of money, no amount of apologies, there is nothing we can do to settle our debts other than to admit our guilt.

All countries\communities have elements which are unsavoury but some posters keep on harping on about the "others" in australia are bad and not mentioning the rascim in the anglo-saxon community. Yes racism just isnt whites on black but in any country which has majority of any one race they tend to be the ones who make the racist comments.

Who would want to be a member of a minority in just about ANY country in the Third World. Actually you don't even have to be a minority in some of them where one particular clan, tribe, or religion holds sway. Of course being born a woman is a crime in many of these countries and again, of course, the western PC brigade makes all sorts of excuses for this. You'd think that feminists would protest about the treatment of women but of course they rarely do.

Guest guest57588
Why the focus on nationality? The man is a racist wherever he is from. We all got em. I understand she is accusing GB but her issues with GB seem more long standing than one incident but her opinion doesn't mean its true.

Any idea what else has happened to her in the UK?.

Don't see much of this attitude you describe in my life. Don't see much over the top PC (seems to be a media beat up), nor much extreme non PC so I can't react against either....just have to judge people as they come. I don't feel unfairly judged as a white man. I think my group gets plenty of plaudits and benefits as well as brickbats and overall does very well out of things. I would find over emphasising disadvantages churlish when compared to others in this world.

Who would want to be a member of a minority in just about ANY country in the Third World. Actually you don't even have to be a minority in some of them where one particular clan, tribe, or religion holds sway. Of course being born a woman is a crime in many of these countries and again, of course, the western PC brigade makes all sorts of excuses for this. You'd think that feminists would protest about the treatment of women but of course they rarely do.

Do you think so? Any of my friends who are PC find this sort of treatment of woman terrible as well.

Dividing it into left wing PC people who criticise western govt's but excuse non western govts who mistreat women has never rung true to me. Certainly doesn't accord with most I talk too. I think it might just be an extreme view and not the view of most PC people.

Do all conservatives want the west (and themselves) to get everything and have no concern for other non western countries. Of course not, only the extremists.

I guess your talking about all those muslim countrties (i might as well say it as i know exactly what you mean) and I agree there are problems.

There are problems in many countries but highlighting those and not addressing the problems in Australia is not the way.

I always wanted to go travelling in Aus (before I met my husband) and I was told by a work collegue you will have problems as your Asian (also mentioned parts of Queensland is very sexist too)

On my visit to Aus I did not find any issues was in NSW and VIC (spent a few days in a county town) and not once did I feel i was treated differently or anyone said anything due to my skin colour.

Guest guest57588
No, her tweets are pretty vehement as if this was the last straw but who knows...one persons judgement doesn't a racist nation make IMO.

Yeah, I suppose you've got to balance one persons admittedly appalling experience with those of others. Still worrying though. It's sobering though that whether you live in Oz or the Uk that there are people who still think and act in this way. I never used to pay much heed to the pc mob, but maybe they were right all along :grumpy1

Guest stormgal

I don't think that anyone here believes that racism is limited to Whites - that would be ignorance. If one were to look at South Africa, there is ethnic genocide being committed against anglo farmers. Here in the US, I just read that native americans want all african americans out of their tribal lands. But as such, this thread is (or should be) about the OP's experience - she did not mention what race the perpetrators were just that they were Australian and that in Australia, it is a well-known fact that people have the tendency to speak their minds - whether that speaking tends to be offensive on the racial side or not; and whether it's born out of ignorance or not - depends mostly on the person who is at the receiving end and what their culture taught them is rude or ignorance, etc. I think we can all agree on that.

Guest Maka Paka
I live in brisbane. Haven't heard an "abo" joke in years and I experienced far more racism in the UK. Should I just label Australians non racist and Brits racist then because of my personal experience? I also love the way that Australia has many cultures and races of people living in relative harmony! Far more people born overseas live in Australia than the UK.

There reason there is more overseas people living in Australia than Britain is because it was stolen from the Aborigines by the invaders and then populated by them...Britain has been multicultural for centuries.

Not all Aussies are racist just a majority. In my opinion.

And I think there are racists in Britain,of course there is and I despise them too...Equally!

There reason there is more overseas people living in Australia than Britain is because it was stolen from the Aborigines by the invaders and then populated by them...Britain has been multicultural for centuries.

It's not actually. It's because Australia is a young nation who have pursued an aggressive immigration programme to the point we now have one of the largest foreign populations in the world. Approx 25% overseas born rising to 44% with at least one parent born overseas. In more recent years six of the 10 most common birthplaces were Asian countries. Our big cities support a plethora of nationalities in relative harmony and we have done this far more successfully than many other nations on the planet.

I find your position nationalistic, illogical and unsupported by any facts but it is your opinion however wrong I find it.

Just as a laugh....who were those multicultural invaders you speak of and why did such a multicultural people (for centuries no less) treat the aboriginals so badly ? :biggrin:

We are talking about people BORN overseas in the last census for which the figures are available.

24 % of the Australian population was born overseas

8% of the UK population was born overseas.

You cannot say a majority of Aussies are racist unless you have personally interviewed at least 11 million of them.

I still haven't found who the 'midget' is that the American singer was tweeting about?

Just walked down the pub for one schooner of Coopers, crossed the road three times to avoid 'weirdo's', one of whom was waving their arms around and shouting - i.e. on their mobile, another who told me to 'watch the step.' Noticed two fat and ugly blokes going into one of the brothels and thought 'Yes, that's the only way you're going to get it.' Then there was another bloke next to me in the pub who had terrible BO so I risked hurting his feelings by moving away.

'Oh the thoughts, my awful thoughts and judgements about my fellow citizens. How can I atone for them? Hell is truly other people.'

I still haven't found who the 'midget' is that the American singer was tweeting about?

Just walked down the pub for one schooner of Coopers, crossed the road three times to avoid 'weirdo's', one of whom was waving their arms around and shouting - i.e. on their mobile, another who told me to 'watch the step.' Noticed two fat and ugly blokes going into one of the brothels and thought 'Yes, that's the only way you're going to get it.' Then there was another bloke next to me in the pub who had terrible BO so I risked hurting his feelings by moving away.

'Oh the thoughts, my awful thoughts and judgements about my fellow citizens. How can I atone for them? Hell is truly other people.'

Those straw men are flying thick and fast now :biggrin:

Guest Guest 47403

At a guess the midget would be her child?

Archived