Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):CATEGORY-3

Post-14th July Category:CATEGORY-4

Medicals submitted: NO

Police check submitted: NO

Date CO assigned: WAITING19/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):NO

Date visa granted:NO

Guest Lori2011
This is just what I think, Diac are wanting to get rid of the back log ready for when they start the new system EOI (SkillSelect is proposed to commence on 1 July 2012. As of this date, new applicants for independent, family or state/territory sponsored migration would need to submit an EOI and be issued with an invitation before lodging a visa application, unless eligible for transitional arrangements. The first round of invitations is expected to occur in January 2013.) So they are now getting closer to

cat 5 so I think they are cherry picking out of cat 5 what they want first like when they added 13 occuptions to the SOL now they are adding occuptions to the SMP, I think they will still work through cat 4 but at a slower pace along with cat 3.

Let me know what you all think.

Tania

I THINK THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER IS DRIVING ME MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!:witch-inpain: One day it seems Diac is working fast and i get all excited, and the next day everything just changes and makes me feel depressed and without hope of getting a co this year, but then, the next day, something happens and makes me feel hopeful again, just to get a big deception the next day.....I cannot stand this!!!! I cannot even continue with my life! I am not buying furniture I NEED just in case I move next year....I am not planning my christmas holidays just in case i have to save for the moving.....i cannot change my job just in case diac calls for job verification and i dont trust my boss verifying i work there if i dont work there (confidentiality dumb rules about who works or worked there)....i feel awful!!

I THINK THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER IS DRIVING ME MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!:witch-inpain: One day it seems Diac is working fast and i get all excited, and the next day everything just changes and makes me feel depressed and without hope of getting a co this year, but then, the next day, something happens and makes me feel hopeful again, just to get a big deception the next day.....I cannot stand this!!!! I cannot even continue with my life! I am not buying furniture I NEED just in case I move next year....I am not planning my christmas holidays just in case i have to save for the moving.....i cannot change my job just in case diac calls for job verification and i dont trust my boss verifying i work there if i dont work there (confidentiality dumb rules about who works or worked there)....i feel awful!!

Dear Lori

Your situation is not different than others!!!!

There are 1000s applicants going through the same uncertain conditions.

I have nothing to comfort you....sorry for this, but I have strong belief that, whatever GOD does it is always for our benefit, as per my faith all is written even before we were born, so live with it and enjoy every moment of it.

Secondly, I liked one quote (million $ worth) here at this forum, someone wrote as, "Watched pot never boils"

So chill up and shut everything down and wait, follow the forum with ten days interval.

Otherwise you may lose some precious moments and memories of where you are.

Cherish each day as this will be remembered for years to come in Australia.

Everything is still "required"... What does this mean?

This means that your co hasn't gone through the documents that are required when you start to see them met means your co is satisfied

Have a horrible sinking feeling reading all today's posts about the DIAC slowing down :(

This rise really is such a roller coaster of emotions

Really wishing us all the best of luck xxx

It is but think positive if it does it wont be for long.:biggrin:

Yeah I am afraid it is a roller coaster I went through the same thing, first I was over the moon we had lodged everything was looking good we had stopped making plans or buying things as we thought we would have our visa in 9 months, then the changes started to happen we was told we would not hear anything until around 2010 that was back in feb 2009 i think so a year to wait ahhhh so we went and lodged fro sponsor with QLD in April, should have only have to wait 6 weeks for a answer then QLD queue had got that big as others had done the same we had to wait till Dec 2010 before we got aproved but to get that was hard, QLD had changed their rules we had to show over £20,000 in funds :arghh: this was hard to do but we did it, but the day we was approved for the Sponsor things changed again state sponsor no longer gave you priority and put you in cat 5 instead of

cat 2 again we were disappointed, we had stopped living life here, next we just had to hope something would changed and I think this was when the new SOL was being announced 2010 so we were hoping and believing my husbands occupation would be put back on the SOL so we got a bit excited we waited up that night only to find that it wasn't on the list and we were at the bottom of the queue cat 4 , again we were hopeful as the SMP were being released and 1 or 2 states were honoring those they had already had a state sponsor so we waited and waited but again QLD did not honor is at all :arghh: so we tried for the Off-list so we lodged again only to be told that QLD was not sponsoring any

off -list :cry: that was that really so we began to do things here we booked a holiday with all tyhe family :biggrin: I bought things for our home and life became better and we got to the point were it will happen when its meant to, so you can imagine when my OH occupation was put back on the SOL and we had moved up a cat and get a CO.

try think positive I see it as that we needed to be here in those 3 years as their were things that happened with other family members that needed our support and those 3 years really gave us time to think and know for defo that this is what we want!!! good luck:hug:

Tania

Taniaholmes guess......

I HAVE BEEN GRANTED A 175 VISA!!!!! CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALALALALALLALAALLALALALALALALA , HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OPA OPA OPA OPA OPA !!!!!!!!!!!!11 I AM HAPPYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please turn me pink or purple or green or black or blue or whatever!!!!!!!

Name: Kos

Date of Visa application: 17th November 2010

Nationality: Greek

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Cat 3

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 5th September 2011

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 22th September 2011

Many many thanks to everyone who worked here for all immigrants!! Taniaholmes, good job to you... Good luck for everyone. GOODBYE EUROPE, GOODBYE ANGELA MERCHEL, GOODBYE CRISIS...

It might not happen:hug: were just being crazed manic depressives today:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tomorrow is a new day :yellow_guy_smiling_:eek:

exactly. Last week we had seven COs? If I'm right this week we have one CO and three grants (edit: four grants!). Which is a good score right?

And tomorrow we should see a new update on the website. My guess is 15 Jan 2011. Based on a completely nonsensical reason: week 35 and 36 had a lot of COs, and DIAC moved nearly 3 months. This time we had a lot of COs in week 37, so that would move them up 1 and a half month. Which makes it 15 Jan.

Hey all,

I have been wandering around this forum since quite some time.

And we got the magical e-mail of 175 visa granted today itself!

:jiggy:

Thank you so much to all this thread's contributors, and especially Tania: you are doing great job supporting all of us.

My details:

Name: HenryJones

Date of Visa application: 19th December 2010

Nationality: French

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: offshore

March 2011 letter: Yes

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted: 10th January 2011

Police check submitted: 21th September 2011

Date CO assigned: 20th September 2011

Request of further employment evidence: 21th September 2011

Date visa granted: 22th September 2011

You can now turn me purple. You know why :D

Congrats - Bout time, Kept looking at the spreadsheet and seeing this white box in all the purples and wondering when you would get a CO/Grant..... ! :biggrin:

^difference in time it takes to complete security checks.

I mean security check happens only once CO is assigned, before that is there two queues on LR and HR basis?

You can now turn me purple. You know why :D

Great news bogdan....well done mate...

As you said DCAL the white spaces in the spreadsheet seem to be disappearing for Jan 2010 applicants...even some Feb applicants are getting a CO...

Whats everyones opinions/thoughts on getting Meds and Police checks done prior to getting a CO...in my case I lodged on 21st June 2011 so Im thinking once they start allocating late May 2011 applicants I may book my meds and police checks as it seems if all is in order the CO doesnt even contact you.....

Hi friends,

i just checked online application status,

22/09/2011 Application being Processed Further :biggrin:

But only few documents have met. others are still required.....

hope to contact my agent on tomorrow......................:wubclub:

GOOD LUCK YOU ALL..............................

samk6

Hi friends,

i just checked online application status,

22/09/2011 Application being Processed Further :biggrin:

But only few documents have met. others are still required.....

hope to contact my agent on tomorrow......................:wubclub:

GOOD LUCK YOU ALL..............................

samk6

I wouldn't worry about it none of mine are met all still required I don't think every co updates them if they do t ask for anything I would assume they are happy