New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

I am on 457 as well and I wonder whether having a 457 would quicken one's 175 application process? Because basically we are working here, and pay tax. Would that be enough argument?

Hi All,

I am new here,

my details :

on 457 since Aug 2007,

ACS Paperwork submitted 30/06/2010

Passed 02/11/10

IELTS Exam 11/12/2010 (R:8.5, W:6.5, S:7, L:8.5, Overall: 7.5)

175 Lodged Online 29/12/2010 Cat 4

Waiting for CO

We received our pre grant today...

Name:Amer

Date of Visa application: 19 Dec 2010

Nationality: Malaysia

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession:Telco Engineer

Visa type: subclass 175

Onshore/offshore: offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):5

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted:Yes

Date CO assigned: 12/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable): not yet

Date visa granted:21/9/2011 (pre grant)

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I have now turned you purple

Name:Amer

Date of Visa application: 19 Dec 2010

Nationality: Malaysia

Trade/profession:Telco Engineer

Visa type: subclass 175

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):5

Police check submitted:Yes

Date CO assigned: 12/09/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable): not yet

Date visa granted:21/09/11

Hi and welcome to this thread could you please add your details here and I will add you to the first page.

Name:

Date of Visa application:

Nationality:

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession:

Visa type:

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

Name: Sav321

Date of Visa application: 29/12/2010

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession:Analyst Programmer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 4

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

I am on 457 as well and I wonder whether having a 457 would quicken one's 175 application process? Because basically we are working here, and pay tax. Would that be enough argument?

No, I dont think that being on 457 makes any difference. as 175 is an offshore visa and there is onlly one queue for cat 4.

It might help after CO is assigned as being on 457 proves you are working in skill in demand. and Australian tax statements verifies the same.

Yes, i saw this also:mad: i am wondering what will happen to the processing now:eek:

i have noticed often that when DIAC speed up for a bit and seem to be fast processing, it is because they know something is coming up to slow processing down again.:skeptical:

Ihope i am wrong:frown::SLEEP:

This is just what I think, Diac are wanting to get rid of the back log ready for when they start the new system EOI (SkillSelect is proposed to commence on 1 July 2012. As of this date, new applicants for independent, family or state/territory sponsored migration would need to submit an EOI and be issued with an invitation before lodging a visa application, unless eligible for transitional arrangements. The first round of invitations is expected to occur in January 2013.) So they are now getting closer to

cat 5 so I think they are cherry picking out of cat 5 what they want first like when they added 13 occuptions to the SOL now they are adding occuptions to the SMP, I think they will still work through cat 4 but at a slower pace along with cat 3.

Let me know what you all think.

Tania

Name: Sav321

Date of Visa application: 29/12/2010

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: HR

Trade/profession:Analyst Programmer

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 4

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Hi and welcome I have now added your details to the front page

Let me know what you all think.

Tania

Right now I'm thinking everything - and nothing! :arghh:

Diac going really fast - no wait, they slow down, going slow slow slow - wait, they are going really fast, could it be? could it be? yes yes they are going really fast - no, they are not, they are really slow, slow.:err:

And in the meantime we keep trying to get some reason behind it. They had more 176s than expected. There are cat5s upgraded to cat4. Or cat5s upgraded to cat3. They go first. Or maybe not. They want to clear backlog before major changes. Sounds plausible. Or they are cherry picking. Or maybe not. ICT professions are processed quicker. Probably not. They do the 18th March e-mail first. Or maybe not. They will do cat5 this financial year. Probably. Or not.

Sorry. Today is not my day. I'm sure you know the feeling!!!! probably even better than I do. I'll be more positive tomorrow. Or not :wacko:

Diac going really fast - no wait, they slow down, going slow slow slow - wait, they are going really fast, could it be? could it be? yes yes they are going really fast - no, they are not, they are really slow, slow.:err:

And in the meantime we keep trying to get some reason behind it. They had more 176s than expected. There are cat5s upgraded to cat4. Or cat5s upgraded to cat3. They go first. Or maybe not. They want to clear backlog before major changes. Sounds plausible. Or they are cherry picking. Or maybe not. ICT professions are processed quicker. Probably not. They do the 18th March e-mail first. Or maybe not. They will do cat5 this financial year. Probably. Or not.

Sorry. Today is not my day. I'm sure you know the feeling!!!! probably even better than I do. I'll be more positive tomorrow. Or not :wacko:

Yes, i think you hit the nail on the head:goofy::chatterbox:

this process makes us all nuts:arghh::twitcy::biglaugh:

Waiting 3 years yes I do know also amount of changes that happen also the way we are moved from one cat to another as you can imagine some of these cat 5 will have been in a higher priority at one point and then find themselves on the bottom of the pile, I so know about the bad days and the good days but what we do know it will all be worth the wait it in the end.

Waiting 3 years yes I do know also amount of changes that happen also the way we are moved from one cat to another as you can imagine some of these cat 5 will have been in a higher priority at one point and then find themselves on the bottom of the pile, I so know about the bad days and the good days but what we do know it will all be worth the wait it in the end.

I don't know how you have managed to keep your sanity for so long:hug: you will very much deserve your visa when it arrives:notworthy:

I know. You are an example to us all.... :hug:

Guest sun lovers

Hi i am one of the ones that moved from cat 5 to cat 3, i called the DIAC this morn and they said we would have a CO in a few weeks. We have been waiting three years aswell. I think it will slow things down, but they must of know and planned that they were going to do this so hopefully it will pick up once co have been allocated. I know how frustrating the waiting and the way people put their lives on hold, i had given up but then we were put back on, so there is hope for all of us. Good luck to everyone x

Hi i am one of the ones that moved from cat 5 to cat 3, i called the DIAC this morn and they said we would have a CO in a few weeks. We have been waiting three years aswell. I think it will slow things down, but they must of know and planned that they were going to do this so hopefully it will pick up once co have been allocated. I know how frustrating the waiting and the way people put their lives on hold, i had given up but then we were put back on, so there is hope for all of us. Good luck to everyone x

Agree.....I guess the other question to ask is, If you have invested the best part of £2k yet you dont (as Cat 5) know when you will ever get an answer for what you paid for, you would have thought that there would some sort contractual commitment from DIAC as they are taking your money rather than 'You pay the money and you could be waiting forever to get an answer'...£2k is a lot of money to some people.

All we can hope for is that they continue as they are and all cat 4's are done by Dec/Jan.

I think the new state lists will slow it slightly but not much as they only affect applicants who had applications within those states prior and applicants who can now get SS that apply prior to July 2010. The amount of State Sponsorship's is still only 24k which DIAC would have budgeted for.

Good Luck Everyone.

Guest JandLeen

Got our visa today! Hooraaaaay! Thanks so much tania for looking after the thread and everybody else for their advice. Wishing u all the best with your visa grants !

Got our visa today! Hooraaaaay! Thanks so much tania for looking after the thread and everybody else for their advice. Wishing u all the best with your visa grants !

Congrats, You never know, I might bump into you Perth. Heading to the Peel Region.

Name: Leyteris77

Date of Visa application: 3/2/2011

Nationality: Greek

Trade/profession: Engineering Technologist

Visa type: 176 Family Sponshored

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Cat 3

Post-14th July Category: Cat 4

Medicals submitted: April 2011

Police check submitted: April 2011

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Congratulations:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

I have now turned purple

Name: Jandleen

Date of Visa application: 4 Feb 2011

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk:

Trade/profession: Teacher

Visa type: 176 Skilled/Family Sponsored

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: May 2011

Police check submitted:May 2011

Date CO assigned: 12 Sep 2011

Date visa granted: 21/09/11

Name: Leyteris77

Date of Visa application: 3/2/2011

Trade/profession: Engineering Technologist

Visa type: 176 Family Sponshored

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted: April 2011

Police check submitted: April 2011

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

Hi Taniaholmes!! Please add me...

Name: Kos

Date of Visa application: 17th November 2010

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 5th September 2011

Date visa granted: Waiting...

Does anybody knows what is the timeframe between officer allocation (additional requested documents already uploaded) and visa grant?

Thank you Australia!!!!!!

Hi Taniaholmes!! Please add me...

Name: Kos

Date of Visa application: 17th November 2010

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: 5th September 2011

Date visa granted: Waiting...

Does anybody knows what is the timeframe between officer allocation (additional requested documents already uploaded) and visa grant?

Thank you Australia!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page, not sure how long it will be before grant sorry can you not check on line to see if all the evidence is met?

Tania

Guest waitingtogotooz

Have a horrible sinking feeling reading all today's posts about the DIAC slowing down :(

This rise really is such a roller coaster of emotions

Really wishing us all the best of luck xxx

Have a horrible sinking feeling reading all today's posts about the DIAC slowing down :(

This rise really is such a roller coaster of emotions

Really wishing us all the best of luck xxx

It might not happen:hug: were just being crazed manic depressives today:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tomorrow is a new day :yellow_guy_smiling_:eek:

Guest waitingtogotooz
It might not happen:hug: were just being crazed manic depressives today:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tomorrow is a new day :yellow_guy_smiling_:eek:

Lol yea we so are

Think we all got spoilt getting CO's last week & got our hopes up high