New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!! If it's not one thing it's another martins bloods have come back inconclusive, so he has to go back tomorrow and have them redone. Gosh have to wait another week. Lol what's another after 120

Oh no! I somehow missed your post earlier today, thats rubbish.....not doing your blood pressure any good at all eh but yours are already finalised arent they? x

Will be Knightsbrisdge up London or Brentwood Essex, Manchester could be cheaper but then I have to consider the fuel costs etc.

If you're looking around this area, I know its a bit further west but Maidenhead (Bridge Clinic) are cheaper than Manchester I believe, or if not theres not much difference. We're travelling from Norfolk to Maidenhead! (3 1/2hrs each way) but have read lots of good reviews & spoken to them a few times on the phone they seem really nice.

http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn.htm

If you're looking around this area, I know its a bit further west but Maidenhead (Bridge Clinic) are cheaper than Manchester I believe, or if not theres not much difference. We're travelling from Norfolk to Maidenhead! (3 1/2hrs each way) but have read lots of good reviews & spoken to them a few times on the phone they seem really nice.

Wow, £200 per adult all inclusive that will save us £270.00 how far is maidenhead from London? it will be worth the travelling to save over £200 pounds ... that is taking off the extra £20 for daughter and say £50 for fuel.

I was wrong in my reply to this message and I appologise for that. I stated that the initial entry date is one year from the date printed on the health exam forms which is not true.

In my case it is one year from date the medicals were finalised. (21/06/2012)

Thank you very much for the correction! :smile: This helps me alot!

A

My medicals will be just short of £1500 and police checks £ 105. :arghh: But worth it:wink::cool:

Are you serious? Are you guys paying £105 for Police checks?:err:

Converted to £ , in South Africa we pay £6 per person!! But that being said it takes 4-8 weeks to get it !!

Jeepers:eek:

Are you serious? Are you guys paying £105 for Police checks?:err:

Converted to £ , in South Africa we pay £6 per person!! But that being said it takes 4-8 weeks to get it !!

Jeepers:eek:

Oh if you didnt know you do now this country (UK) rip you off for everything ... Taxes all the way ... admin costs must be high to turn on a computer look up a name press print and send out in the post.

£35 pp for a 10 day or

£70 pp for a 02 day oh and £7 to post if you want it record or special.

Well I found out today that even though our youngest is now 11yrs old, he doesnt need a chest xray as it goes on the date of lodgement apparently and he was only 9yrs old then. I'm just hoping that this is correct as Maidenhead clinic asked me to arrange for his chest xray info/forms to be uploaded onto the system, but the above info did come from our CO so presume that it is correct!

I have not heard of that I would check with Maidenhead clinic they will be able to tell you for sure.

I should be on commission for Maidenhead clinic shouldnt I? lol I couldnt believe the difference in prices either.

Tania, I'm really hoping that the CO is correct but I have emailed Maidenhead to advise of this but they havent got back to me yet, I'll give them a ring tomorrow. I'm really surprised to be told that....I thought it was his age at the time of meds, not lodgement. Last thing I want is for us to do another 300 mile round journey after our meds to get our Son's xray!

We went to Maidenhead for our medicals too and found them to be very nice, although slightly frustrating that they didnt upload my husbands second medical(he was referred for a further medical) until he reminded them and with a deadline to meet was a bit nerve wracking for a day or so!!

We have spent £1200 there so we expected them to keep to their side of the arrangement, this said I havent heard anything else negative about their service.

tania, have you thought of maidenhead? it is 47 miles from us but it is going to save us in excess of £270 to 310 pounds it could be worth you having a day trip down by train if iy will save you well in excess of £400 approx.

We are booked now for next Friday, can't imagine getting an appointment for the same day at such sort notice and we have booked days of work, thanks wish I had done my research first :eek:

We are booked now for next Friday, can't imagine getting an appointment for the same day at such sort notice and we have booked days of work, thanks wish I had done my research first :eek:

And don't forget Tania if you have to go back like we do It would be a major stress. Manchester is fab you can park outside in the bay parking The Dc is going in early tomorrow so Martin can park and not have to pay as the bays are free till 8 am plus he doesn't have to pay for the retest.

And don't forget Tania if you have to go back like we do It would be a major stress. Manchester is fab you can park outside in the bay parking The Dc is going in early tomorrow so Martin can park and not have to pay as the bays are free till 8 am plus he doesn't have to pay for the retest.

That's a point if you have to go back and Manchester isn't too far away, that's good you don't have to pay for re-test, when we last went to Manchester we parked on the road that runs along the top as someone advised us that they hadn't put parking meters up so it was free then, can you remember how much it is out side the clinic?

That's a point if you have to go back and Manchester isn't too far away, that's good you don't have to pay for re-test, when we last went to Manchester we parked on the road that runs along the top as someone advised us that they hadn't put parking meters up so it was free then, can you remember how much it is out side the clinic?

£6 for two hours, the 4 of us was done in under an hour.

Well I found out today that even though our youngest is now 11yrs old, he doesnt need a chest xray as it goes on the date of lodgement apparently and he was only 9yrs old then. I'm just hoping that this is correct as Maidenhead clinic asked me to arrange for his chest xray info/forms to be uploaded onto the system, but the above info did come from our CO so presume that it is correct!

OOOH That is interesting, our youngest son is now 12 he was 10 when we lodged....but he didn't have a chest x ray form to download, should he have had one???? we have been quoted £290 for me and hubby, 18yr old and 16yr old but £195 for 12 yr old

Result,,,, I love poms in oz, Mandy I think you might have just saved me £380.00 Maidenhead here we come, we were ready to go to Brentwood Essex, where are you planning to settle in oz I owe you a big drink!!! thanks mate.

Oh thats ok, glad I could help!

I'm really hoping that I've been given the right info from our CO but surely it should be right about the chest xray as you would think that DIAC would give out the correct info wouldnt you? I just presumed that our youngest would now need a chest xray as he is now 11yrs old & Maidenhead asked me to speak to our CO to get the forms uploaded onto the system as they are processing our meds on e-health. So, I emailed our CO to ask him to do this & he confirmed that our youngest does not need the chest xray. Your application is prob the same as ours then - on our online application we can see all the forms for me, OH & older Son but only the meds form for our youngest Son.

suandianbrown, if you do speak to Maidenhead or your CO about it, could you plse let me know if you get told anything different, thanks! If your 12yr old doesnt need an xray Maidenhead quote £85 instead of £170 for meds & xray

Mandy x