The problem with the UK is this.......

tracy123

Your rant sounds like one long whine to me. Complaining about everything & everyone.

well thats because you are in dublin mate, and not actually living in oz. Do me a favour and write your true feelings once you have lived here 2 years and be truthful like i have.

call it whining if you must i have no problem with that

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well thats because you are in dublin mate, and not actually living in oz. Do me a favour and write your true feelings once you have lived here 2 years and be truthful like i have.

call it whining if you must i have no problem with that

Sure, will do. Thanks :rolleyes:

i have lived in australia for almost 2 years, it is a slightly better place than the uk in my eyes

You then go on and criticise Aus for just about the rest of the post and say how UK people are superior. If you think Australia is so bad, England must be a right dump if it's "slightly better".

we have evolved further than aussies in every single way

Could you have put that in a worse way? I don't think so. No wonder the Aussies don't like SOME poms with attitudes like that.

The malls here are filled with pure white people, where as uk it is mixed which i feel is better as kids grow up intergrated and not racist
The most racist people I ever met in the UK were white guys from Birmingham I was at Uni with. I come from a mining area where we didn't have many non-whites so was just treated everyone as I found them and didn't really take much notice of skin colour. The white guys in the class wouldn't even speak to the black, Indian, Pakistani and other races we had on our course and advised the non Birmingham students, who were living in halls, to be careful where we went at night. Apparently they had had so much trouble growing up with non-whites they had grown to hate them.

We used to go to Solihull for a night out or to use the pool there. We once went there with a black friend of ours and they wouldn't even let him in the pub. Gave a feeble excuse about the shoes he had on but they didn't want his type in Solihull was more like it.

So I reckon living in an integrated society makes people more racist.

You then go on and criticise Aus for just about the rest of the post and say how UK people are superior. If you think Australia is so bad, England must be a right dump if it's "slightly better".

Could you have put that in a worse way? I don't think so. No wonder the Aussies don't like SOME poms with attitudes like that.

The most racist people I ever met in the UK were white guys from Birmingham I was at Uni with. I come from a mining area where we didn't have many non-whites so was just treated everyone as I found them and didn't really take much notice of skin colour. The white guys in the class wouldn't even speak to the black, Indian, Pakistani and other races we had on our course and advised the non Birmingham students, who were living in halls, to be careful where we went at night. Apparently they had had so much trouble growing up with non-whites they had grown to hate them.

We used to go to Solihull for a night out or to use the pool there. We once went there with a black friend of ours and they wouldn't even let him in the pub. Gave a feeble excuse about the shoes he had on but they didn't want his type in Solihull was more like it.

So I reckon living in an integrated society makes people more racist.

yeah but how many years ago we talking?

yes my attitude sinks at the mo, i feel a little homesick and when i see the thread starter constantly mimicking the uk it makes me want to write something, sorry for this just had to write something to get it out of my system and it has help to get it off my chest so ive used it as an outlet for my own fraustrations, excuse me if i am being rude.

Guest homewardbound

I don't see any problem with the post, she is being honest and some are overly sensitive and don't like any criticism unless it is directed at the UK it would seem.

Stacybird123

I don't see your post as whinging you are just saying what you see and feel,shame more people can't be as honest.

I saw all those things you described in Sydney.Here in Darwin they whinge about the drunk indigenous but ignore the youngsters out of their heads on drugs,which seems to be a big problem here.

yes my attitude sinks at the mo, i feel a little homesick and when i see the thread starter constantly mimicking the uk it makes me want to write something, sorry for this just had to write something to get it out of my system and it has help to get it off my chest so ive used it as an outlet for my own fraustrations, excuse me if i am being rude.

No worries. When I am feeling homesick, I either call someone at home that I haven't talked to in a while or I make an extra call to my parents.

The other thing is to do something there that you have always wanted to do there that is different from home. I remember being home sick & we decided to go to Newgrange near Dublin. It was so different from anything I had ever seen, it was a real boost to me at the time.

I hope you feel better soon.

Not directed at anyone in particular and not directed just at this thread, but let's try and keep things civil, at the end of the day (nice, football cliché) the forum would be a poorer place if people didn't share their experiences, and that's what they are - their own personal experiences, not a definitive, catch all critique of the UK or Australia. Everyone has different experiences, vive la différence

Most members on the forum share common bonds, so lets focus on what binds us together, not what separates us :hug: (please:wubclub:)

TBH I found your post extremely rude (far worse than the OP who I thought raised a valid point about peoples different perceptions) but I will forgive you as you are homesick :wubclub: ...it would be nice if you tried not to portray your situation, in your specific location, with the company you mix with, as the whole of Australia....that is just as poor form as the people who make out the whole of the UK is defined only by their own bad circumstances. :wubclub:

Guest guest36762
Not directed at anyone in particular and not directed just at this thread, but let's try and keep things civil, at the end of the day (nice, football cliché) the forum would be a poorer place if people didn't share their experiences, and that's what they are - their own personal experiences, not a definitive, catch all critique of the UK or Australia. Everyone has different experiences, vive la différence

At the end of the day, most members on the forum share common bonds, so lets focus on what binds us together, not what separates us :hug: (please:wubclub:)

At the risk of appearing to be sucking up to the headmaster (no pun intended), I completely agree Rob and feel that the last couple of pages of this thread have been quite refreshing. Stacy was getting stuff off his/her chest (which let's face it we all need to do sometimes) and expressing opinions as he/she sees it. And then, shock horror, after a bit of needle, everyone was nice to each other. I think that's the way it should be on pio, from which ever side of the fence you are. You dont have to agree but you also don't have to be waiting for someone to say something that 'offends' you and then turn it into a slanting match

Can I have a mod job now?

Guest guest37336
:no: I didn't take it the wrong way!

I only said i was a positive person, not a negative! So sorry if you thought i was having a dig! :wubclub:

Dawny, stop causing trouble and go 'suck' on that chocy egg,:wubclub::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony, (awaiting a 'hard' one soon):embarrassed:

Guest The Pom Queen
At the risk of appearing to be sucking up to the headmaster (no pun intended), I completely agree Rob and feel that the last couple of pages of this thread have been quite refreshing. Stacy was getting stuff off his/her chest (which let's face it we all need to do sometimes) and expressing opinions as he/she sees it. And then, shock horror, after a bit of needle, everyone was nice to each other. I think that's the way it should be on pio, from which ever side of the fence you are. You dont have to agree but you also don't have to be waiting for someone to say something that 'offends' you and then turn it into a slanting match

Can I have a mod job now?

Wow and I didn't even have to alter this post, our little chats must be working:biggrin::wink::notworthy::hug::hug::wubclub:

Dawny, stop causing trouble and go 'suck' on that chocy egg,:wubclub::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony, (awaiting a 'hard' one soon):embarrassed:

Me cause trouble, The cheek of it lol,

Can't go back to sucking on my egg, I have none left :no:

Guest guest36762
Wow and I didn't even have to alter this post, our little chats must be working:biggrin::wink::notworthy::hug::hug::wubclub:

I feel like the delinquent child come good under the tutelage of his (I'm presuming) foxy teacher, and can now write his own name.

Thanks miss, a career in drug dealing is, thanks to you, now a distinct possibility:chatterbox:

:hug:

Guest peacock

Everything here is franchised and americanised, they do not like free enterprise or encourage it. I tried to start my own business and basically i was shut down by my competitors and told i had to buy into a franchise if i was to continue, they basically made it so hard for me, i tried to exploit the internet seeing what it had created in the uk i thought i could see into the future with the way things could go in australia, again big disapoinment, every thing is protected, even harvey normal is complaining about internet dealers and will eventually get his way, which stops again the evolving and adapting to new things.

QUOTE]

You cant really blame Autralia, if you went into buisiness without doing your homework, it was free enterprise and somebody doing ot better that made it hard for you.

I think you will find this attitude in any free economy, its called competition and not limited to Australia, people want value for money and your trade or service has to supply this to survive.

While some see this as their England

692839-english-country-cottages-tractor.jpeg

top_dog.jpg

englishcottage.jpg

group061007_468x311.jpg

Others see this

chavs.jpg

79054899.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892155F29F61288AC1CA6DE3B137140D02EE19B1389FAD4F4B285F232A23917BC4AA

95803D1B0CA000005DC368_468x312-vi.jpg

stp021.jpg

Now who is right and who is wrong???

To me all those images are English, I guess you choose what you want to see. I think the biggest problem is the class system, that seems to stop the 2 from meeting. 1 class lives in one part of the town and the other in the other :wacko: and it seems never the 2 will meet. Well that is unless on PIO :tongue:

Why don't you post similar contrasting pictures of Australia.... the good and the bad.... you know, for the eager future immigrants whose dream is to move to Australia.I can't really see the point of posting those pics here on the MBTTUK forum, after all, those who are moving back know what they're going back to.You seem to have a morbid obsession with the Uk.

Thanks to your photographs I am now experiencing severe domestic problems! My butler saw those and has now persuaded the maids to join him in asking for a wage rise!! Damned riff raff!! Used to ship those sorts to Australia you know...Bah humbug:mad:

The house boy has just informed me that the woman and children in the photograph are his wife and children...I don't believe this to be true for one moment. The wretched child is no more than ten years of age, and I suspect it was just an ill thought out ploy to escape his chimney cleaning duties.

Why oh why do we have to suffer with the need to employ these filthy second class citizens. I will never know.

Geoffrey , can i ask you a simple question.....you always wanted to return to Australia ...you are back there now , get on with your life.

England is recent history ......move on

I totally disagree keep it up Geoffrey, there is nothing like a good debate (Stir)

Everywhere has its problems Australia is not a Utopia! There is crime, prejudice, drug use, alcoholism, yobs as much as everywhere else. Only in a sunnier climate.

:wideeyed:

Hit on the nail there Mate .... Sunny Climate!.....not 6 months plus of Crap weather!

I worked with a solicitor once and he removed every label off his clothes said they were not paying him to advertise, I agree totally.

I believe that UPS does the same thing with their delivery vehicles in the States

The problem with the UK is this......

Sorry, Geoff, but I see it from a different perspective.

The area, country, whatever, is a beautiful set of islands to the NW of Europe... Unfortunately, it is the people who have made the problem, NOT the landmass per se.

Now, There was an Act Of Parliament called the "British Nationality Act of 1948", whereby the govt. of the day saw fit to state that all citizens of the Commonwealth were British citizens and that as a war had just finished, the govt. needed skilled workers to build the country up again...

British nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the problem got bigger and bigger...

Cheers, Bobj.

And your point is ???

The malls here are filled with pure white people, where as uk it is mixed which i feel is better as kids grow up integrated and not racist, and judge a person for a person so to speak.

Just because you only see white faces doesn't mean that your kids are going to grow up racist. It is how you bring them up that counts.

For example england is far far more advanced in basically everything, we have evolved further than aussies in every single way which is understandable australia being a relative young country

I think uk people are better than aussies, just my view. Im proud to be british.

These are the type of statements that sets off the Aussie's Insecurity complex! (Which I have to admit is very irritating) There is always going to be differences. I'm sure that OZ is way ahead of the UK in Barbies ,suncream and open cast mining, and the UK is ahead in Morris Dancing. The thing is most of us love the countries we are born in, I will probably always see myself as South African, this doesn't make me any better or worse then any one else. We have to be careful of the statements we make as in the past it has caused a lot of pain!

if you stay on a campsite here there is no entertainment for the kids, its dull unless you are old and love scenery.

I thought that was the whole point of camping, basically roughing it? I visited loads of camp sites in OZ, always with beautifully clean abolitions and all but one that we visited, had swimming pools. My daughter had a great time, made loads of friends and I never heard once in the whole 6 week trip that she was bored.

Everything here is franchised and Americanised, they do not like free enterprise or encourage it. I tried to start my own business and basically i was shut down by my competitors and told i had to buy into a franchise if i was to continue, they basically made it so hard for me, i tried to exploit the internet seeing what it had created in the uk i thought i could see into the future with the way things could go in australia, again big disapoinment, every thing is protected, even harvey normal is complaining about internet dealers and will eventually get his way, which stops again the evolving and adapting to new things.

I am really interested in your attempts with starting a business, how about starting another thread.

Also ive noticed big time that everyone looks old very quickly, poms definately look younger and that is down to the sun.

Very true! but I suppose we have to pay for the Sunshine one way or the other.

O and come on, australian politics is a farce, they love to suck america's ass big style, cracks me up when i see that english prime minister julia on the tele.

You have to see UK politics lately, it seems like the Government is trying to commit suicide.

Oh my dear I know Harlow in Essex..quaint little town..I believe it has a 'Harvey Centre' If I'm correct...I have a few small children you could buy if you need them for your business...Damn maids have been breeding again..I'll have to sew my son in a night sack again to stop his wanderings around the servants quarters..awful business. They'll work hard for a shilling a week.

Archived