The problem with the UK is this.......

tracy123

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my Birth country its lovely and I only left 8 and a half months ago so no obscure fond memories here, but I have to say I was watching "The Darling Buds of May" the other day and it did give me false memories of the UK, ie I have never lived in Kent and I have never picked hops but it did bring back fond memories :biglaugh:

I lived in a lovely old village which was like your chocolate box pictures Geoff, however my actual house wasnt as I couldnt afford the chocolate box ones only the rich could so you are right there.

I love where I live now in our road there could be millionaires and poor as church mice like us living side by side no one would be able to tell. :biglaugh:

Perhaps I am just easlily pleased or perhaps I am more easily satisfied I dont know I am just glad I am happy:wubclub:

Guest peacock

Yes I watch Doc Martin, after living in Cornwall for 4 years it brings back good memories, but what they dont show is the nose to tail traffic in the summer, lots and lots of rain in the winter, and only real employent is seasonal with the tourist trade with the average young cornish youth having to leave the county for any chance of employment oppurtunitys

No need for balance the thread wasn't about Australia but you're more than welcome to start a thread of your own :wink:

Forgive me, but since this site is called poms in OZ then I thought it was fairly obvious to add some pictures of the best and worst of Australia, since that is where we are, have been or are coming to.

Just wondering why you think there is no need for balance? Lots of previous posters were on my wavelength.

have you been back to the UK recently and seen how things have changed ?.

Yes I was back about 18 months ago and the estates were still as grimy and the litter was still a big problem in some places. But I saw some lovely places too.

Forgive me, but since this site is called poms in OZ then I thought it was fairly obvious to add some pictures of the best and worst of Australia, since that is where we are, have been or are coming to.

Just wondering why you think there is no need for balance? Lots of previous posters were on my wavelength.

You hit the nail on the head! "THE SITE IS CALLED" this is a THREAD.

I know you are new so I'll help you out, click on "forum rules" read rule 2 :wink:

Forum Rules

2. Out of respect for the Original Poster, please try to keep postings on-topic, do not steer the thread in another direction without good reason. If required please start a new topic within a relevant forum. If posters do not adhere to these guidelines then they may find that their post is edited or deleted. For any deliberate or continued breech of the rules, moderators may issue infractions or warnings.

Enjoy :wubclub:

You hit the nail on the head! "THE SITE IS CALLED" this is a THREAD.

I know you are new so I'll help you out, click on "forum rules" read rule 2 :wink:

1. Enjoy :wubclub:

Oh a stickler for the rules I see...you must love it in Australia then...Mark Webber said Australia was the biggest nanny state and left him feeling like he needed to read an instruction book before getting out of bed, I can see where he is coming from.

If you read back through the thread, you will see that there have been multiple references to Australia v's UK...you didnt pick on those posters, maybe its because I am new? Or I pointed out a fact that you didnt like? I dont think you have any basis for your argument.

Oh a stickler for the rules I see...you must love it in Australia then...Mark Webber said Australia was the biggest nanny state and left him feeling like he needed to read an instruction book before getting out of bed, I can see where he is coming from.

If you read back through the thread, you will see that there have been multiple references to Australia v's UK...you didnt pick on those posters, maybe its because I am new? Or I pointed out a fact that you didnt like? I dont think you have any basis for your argument.

Hi Gaga For future reference

Geoffrey is quite right in what he posted above. We do have rules and we do ask members to abide by them,, of course a thread here and there will go off track but we ask you refrain from purposely doing so. I don't think for one minute you were targeted by Geoffrey because of being a new member,,i would hazard a guess it was more to do with your first post re-balance .

Mainly the reason for this, is we have of late had lots of complaints about people taking threads off track when they are discussing returning to the UK, so to be fair we have to respect this for every thread and not just pick and choose.

I trust you understand

Cal x

Hi Gaga For future reference

Geoffrey is quite right in what he posted above. We do have rules and we do ask members to abide by them,, of course a thread here and there will go off track but we ask you refrain from purposely doing so. I don't think for one minute you were targeted by Geoffrey because of being a new member,,i would hazard a guess it was more to do with your first post re-balance .

Mainly the reason for this, is we have of late had lots of complaints about people taking threads off track when they are discussing returning to the UK, so to be fair we have to respect this for every thread and not just pick and choose.

I trust you understand

Cal x

thats fine but I still stand by my belief that what I posted was not off topic

Guest Bobby
    Australia is different, Australia doesnt have a class system

might not be called a class system but like in the UK there are people who live in a different world.

Guest Bobby
    I think Britain would be the best country in the world if only we had someone running it who put the workforce and well being of those who toil first and started treating those that cant be bothered with the contempt they deserve. You can put as many quaint pictures of chocolate box cottages and leafy lanes on as you like but thats not the reality for most, the reality for most is hard work for sod all and then being raped by the government.

To me the UK is the best Country in the world but if you only want to see negatives that is all you will see, Oz has some terrible areas and hoons and anti social behaviour that is well on a par with the UK.

Both Countries have good and bad areas and you could just post images from both showing the good and the bad....but to be honest........what's the point.

Ouch, I can't believe this thread is still going strong, Thought it would have died its death by now!

Anyway just to let you know, we have had a perfect week of sunshine here in sunny Bournemouth, Had a good morning today having a nosey around the carboot sale, No heavy hoodies needed, Spring flowers have popped up all over, Kids been out playing on their bikes, so all good in my neck of the woods :wubclub:

Guest Bobby
    Ouch, I can't believe this thread is still going strong, Thought it would have died its death by now!

Anyway just to let you know, we have had a perfect week of sunshine here in sunny Bournemouth, Had a good morning today having a nosey around the carboot sale, No heavy hoodies needed, Spring flowers have popped up all over, Kids been out playing on their bikes, so all good in my neck of the woods :wubclub:

Been a nice couple of weeks down south hey :jiggy:even had 3 barbies already this month and some poor souls on here only had 3 all last summer because of the supposed bad weather :wink:

Spring has sprung and the clocks have gone forward, enjoy the coming summer Dawny, if it as good as last year that will do me.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
    I must be honest....I do love spring time in the Uk....:wubclub:

Haven't you noticed.............. its not spring anymore its............... summer coming early. lol:wink:

it doesn't last long soon be winter again. lol

Guest Bobby
    I must be honest....I do love spring time in the Uk....:wubclub:

The bloosom on the trees is fantastic already, last year it started about this time and lasted till november in the South, hoping it is going to be another good one :jiggy:

The bloosom on the trees is fantastic already, last year it started about this time and lasted till november in the South, hoping it is going to be another good one :jiggy:

F

fingers crossed it will be a good summer,and a long one, :wubclub:

You keep talking about the south but last time I checked London is in the south and we didn't have the weather last year that you keep talking about and the blossom didn't make it past September in my area??!!??

Hoping for a move to oz in the coming year or two.......hoping not three!

Guest Bobby
    F

fingers crossed it will be a good summer,and a long one, :wubclub:

The long range weather forcast is for another good summer, get that barbie out and dust of the parosol gal.

Guest Bobby
    You keep talking about the south but last time I checked London is in the south and we didn't have the weather last year that you keep talking about and the blossom didn't make it past September in my area??!!??

I had a good summer last year and got out all the time, it was unusually warm at night and we only lit the chimminier a couple of times.

Ahhhh You need to go slightly further down south lol :cute:,

Archived